Windows 10: Reverse scrolling

Discus and support Reverse scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows updated this morning and now the touchpad is scrolling in reverse. I have an ASUS and have gone into the ASUS Smart Gesture settings but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by me10lee83, Dec 2, 2015.

1. me10lee83 Win User

Reverse scrolling

Windows updated this morning and now the touchpad is scrolling in reverse. I have an ASUS and have gone into the ASUS Smart Gesture settings but whether "content moves reversely" is checked or unchecked, it has no effect on which direction the touchpad scrolls. I restarted but same thing.

:)

me10lee83, Dec 2, 2015
  2. TB16LG Win User

scrolling

I'm having the same issue with reverse scrolling on the touchpad. Windows 10 is defaulting to reverse scrolling, which I do not want. Thus, I went to "Start" >> "Settings" >> "Devices" >> "Mouse & touchpad" >> "Additional mouse options" >> "ClickPad Settings"
    >> "Two-Finger Scrolling Settings" >> and deselcted "Enable Reverse Scrolling Direction". When I do that, the ClickPad scrolls as I want it to. However, every time my computer reboots, it reverts back reverse scrolling direction. I don't want to scroll
    in reverse. How can I fix that so it doesn't continue to revert back? Thanks.

TB16LG, Dec 2, 2015
  3. How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS

For those wondering... Since it's not mentioned what Registry Key Damian is talking about, Take a look at the blog post done by Kevin Becker called

Reverse Scrolling on Windows 8
    . This will give you reverse scrolling in most applications in windows 10 even though there isn't a configuration option for it in Control Panel > Mouse & Trackpad Settings.

GeneralRedneck, Dec 2, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Reverse scrolling

I run these from elevated (run as administrator) powershell window to reverse trackpad direction - you could try that.

The top line is for reversing up and down and the bottom for left/right. Code: Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\*\*\Device` Parameters FlipFlopWheel -EA 0 | ForEach-Object { Set-ItemProperty $_.PSPath FlipFlopWheel 1 } Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\*\*\Device` Parameters FlipFlopHScroll -EA 0 | ForEach-Object { Set-ItemProperty $_.PSPath FlipFlopHScroll 1 }[/quote] You can undo it by changing the 1 to 0 (shown in red above)...

lx07, Dec 2, 2015
  5. me10lee83 Win User
    Nope, no change. "Undid" it (even though nothing changed) too, but still no change.

Btw it's the vertical scrolling that's reversed- since Windows default is now more like touch screen scrolling, up on the touchpad shows content further down on the page. I prefer the standard down on the touchpad = down on the page.

me10lee83, Dec 2, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    I do it for the same reason as you (my drivers have no option to reverse direction) as I like it the same as you..

Did you sign out or restart after running the script? I forgot to mention that you do need to.

If it still doesn't work after doing that hopefully someone with ASUS can help (I have Apple).

lx07, Dec 2, 2015
  7. me10lee83 Win User
    I did not restart the first time, but just did the command again and restarted but still no change. Any other ASUS users out there? I'll see if I can find an ASUS forum as well.

me10lee83, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reverse scrolling

1. Reverse scrolling - Similar Threads - Reverse scrolling

2. How do I turn off reverse scrolling in Windows 10 start menu and settings menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off reverse scrolling in Windows 10 start menu and settings menus?: First off, I know how to turn off reverse scrolling in the touchpad settings. That works well for documents and web pages. However, reverse scrolling is still in effect in Windows menus, including the start menu and settings menus. Nothing I seem to do changes it. This is...
  3. How do I turn off reverse scrolling in Windows 10 start menu and settings menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off reverse scrolling in Windows 10 start menu and settings menus?: First off, I know how to turn off reverse scrolling in the touchpad settings. That works well for documents and web pages. However, reverse scrolling is still in effect in Windows menus, including the start menu and settings menus. Nothing I seem to do changes it. This is...
  4. How do I turn off reverse scrolling in Windows 10 start menu and settings menus?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Set the Mouse Scroll Direction to Reverse / Natural Mode

Set the Mouse Scroll Direction to Reverse / Natural Mode: Hello to all avid readers of Microsoft Community!I am Jason Go, a developer and a postgrad computer science major. I made a script that will solve this issue the EASIEST and FASTEST way.To set the scroll direction of your mouse, do the following steps:Step 1: Open Windows...
  6. Reverse Mouse Wheel scroll

Reverse Mouse Wheel scroll: Hello, I want to reverse the mouse wheel scrolling direction for my user-account as a non-administrator user. How do I achieve that? Sincerely, Nikos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-mouse-wheel-scroll/657c4537-f346-4b8b-99f8-9e1f52cd94c2
  7. Reverse scrolling in windows 10; can't find FlipFlopWheel in registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reverse scrolling in windows 10; can't find FlipFlopWheel in registry: Hello, I am trying to get reverse, or inverse rather, scrolling working on my Windows 10 Home-installation, but alas having no luck whatsoever. I tried finding FlipFlopWheel in the registry, but could not. I looked both under the appropriate HID section, but also did a...
  8. wireless mouse scroll 'jumps' - scrolls in reverse a little

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless mouse scroll 'jumps' - scrolls in reverse a little: I followed the directions in this link, but the directions can't be followed in Windows 10. There is no Accelerate Vertical Scrolling or Flip Scrolling behavior option....
  9. Is there a way to reverse the mouse scroll wheel direction in Windows 10 without using Regedit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to reverse the mouse scroll wheel direction in Windows 10 without using Regedit?: ditto submitted by /u/zlaxxor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jt7s39/is_there_a_way_to_reverse_the_mouse_scroll_wheel/
  10. Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and it reversed the trackpad scroll. The only option under touchpad in settings is sensitivity. I have an ASUS laptop, and I think my trackpad has a ELAN driver. I have ASUS Smart Gesture installed, but there is no option to...