Windows 10: Reverse set up - Remove MS Account

Discus and support Reverse set up - Remove MS Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I updated to Win 10 (from Win 7) I used my Microsoft account when setting up Windows 10. I now realise I do not want this. Can I reverse that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by carrotmuseum, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Reverse set up - Remove MS Account

When I updated to Win 10 (from Win 7) I used my Microsoft account when setting up Windows 10. I now realise I do not want this. Can I reverse that action?

:)

carrotmuseum, Sep 2, 2015

2. How to change a Microsoft Account to Local User Account in Windows 10

Greg, I disagree with your rationale regarding "reversion removal". I believe that MS is free to design an "account reversion" procedure that would also unlink the Windows 10 digital license from the MS account. Obviously MS decided not to offer this option.
    I'd prefer an "account reversion" procedure that would leave the digital license stored on the MS account because I don't want any account on my Windows PC linked to a MS account.

To your question whether the digital license is still listed in my MS account online, yes, it is.

From now on, I'll avoid these issues and link my Windows 10 digital license to my MS account by adding my MS account as a new account for signing in. The details are described in this

article on windowscentral.com

Thanks.

Arnoooo M., Sep 2, 2015
  3. How to change a Microsoft Account to Local User Account in Windows 10

Obviously it converted to MS account to register your Windows 10 Digital License. And you need to stay signed in to.maintain that without converting again., hence the reversion removal.

But you were able to reverse this using System Restore.

Is the Digital license still listed in your MS account online?

Any questions? I am at Global MVP Summit session on MS campus where these issues are being discussed.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 2, 2015
  4. shimshom Win User

Reverse set up - Remove MS Account

shimshom, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Reverse set up - Remove MS Account

1. Reverse set up - Remove MS Account - Similar Threads - Reverse set Remove

2. MS Excel Reverse concatenation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Excel Reverse concatenation?: I was wondering if there is a way to write a word in one field and have the word divided into multiple characters into other cells with one character each?
  3. Reversion of MS Paint.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reversion of MS Paint.: Hello! I've had a issue where a certain font MSGothic changed the way it was shown in low-bit format. I've attached 2 images to show the difference. Blurry one is the one I'm trying to get out from, and I've always liked the more 8-bit style format. Is there a way to reverse...
  4. Reversion of MS Paint.

Reversion of MS Paint.: Hello! I've had a issue where a certain font MSGothic changed the way it was shown in low-bit format. I've attached 2 images to show the difference. Blurry one is the one I'm trying to get out from, and I've always liked the more 8-bit style format. Is there a way to reverse...
  5. Setting up new MS Account and transferring files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up new MS Account and transferring files: I have a new Windows 11 desktop computer. I originally set it up using only a local account - not a MS account. I have a MS Account that I've had for years and still use it for Skype on several computers. But I don't want to use it for my new computer. I intend to buy...
  6. Setting up new MS Account and transferring files

Setting up new MS Account and transferring files: I have a new Windows 11 desktop computer. I originally set it up using only a local account - not a MS account. I have a MS Account that I've had for years and still use it for Skype on several computers. But I don't want to use it for my new computer. I intend to buy...
  7. I set up a second Microsoft account by accident and can't reverse it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a second Microsoft account by accident and can't reverse it.: I set up a second Microsoft account by accident and am now being asked for another subscription payment even though I have already renewed it. Is there any way i can link the 2 accounts or delete 1 without losing services?...
  8. I set up a second Microsoft account by accident and can't reverse it.

I set up a second Microsoft account by accident and can't reverse it.: I set up a second Microsoft account by accident and am now being asked for another subscription payment even though I have already renewed it. Is there any way i can link the 2 accounts or delete 1 without losing services?...
  9. I set up a second Microsoft account by accident and can't reverse it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Setting up a compulsory MS account - step by step

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up a compulsory MS account - step by step: So it is Saturday night and nothing to do anyway, so if some not so intellectually great MS geniuses have decided to turn setting up a PC, normally a boring technical activity, into a circus show, why not support them. They need what they think is my info so I make it up......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove set it up in ms

2. How to reverse set up

3. how to reverse account set up