Windows 10: Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

Discus and support Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe right-to-left to go to the right virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sajal Garg, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

Hi

Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe right-to-left to go to the right virtual desktop. Is there a way to reverse this, so I swipe left-to-right to go to the right virtual desktop? I have a HP laptop with Synaptics touchpad driver installed.

:)

Sajal Garg, Aug 23, 2018

2. Trackpad Gestures in Windows 10 are doing the wrong things - three finger swipe not working

Hi Ryan,

Update at 08/03/2015 at 10.33 PM

The following will only work for Touchpad in Windows 10.

Touchpad gestures for Windows 10

Power users! Try out these gestures on the touchpad of your Windows 10 laptop:
    • Select an item: Tap on the touchpad.
    • Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically.
    • Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
    • Show more commands (similar to right-clicking): Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press in the lower-right corner.
    • See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
    • Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them towards yourself.
    • Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.

Thank you.

Ravinath P, Aug 23, 2018
  3. How to change Windows 10 Gestures (3 finger swiping)

I just upgraded my Windows 7 Dell Inspiron Laptop to Windows 10.

I now have the Windows 10 three finger gestures on my touchpad that basically act as alt+tab (Swipe left/right:
    move between windows, Swipe up: task switch,
    Swipe down:
    minimize all windows and show the desktop)

I absolutely hate this!

In Windows 7, swiping up and down with 3 fingers allowed me to switch between tabs in my internet browser. And swiping left hit the "back button", and swiping right hit the "forward button" in the browser. I
    liked this! It was SUPER efficient and SUPER convenient. But, this has been overridden by the new Windows 10, 3 finger gestures.

Is there anyway to replace the new Windows 10 3 finger gestures with my old Windows 7 3 finger gestures?

I looked through all the settings and "additional mouse settings" and "touchpad settings" but I haven't found a way to change it.

Again, is there a way to change my Windows 10 3 finger gestures back to the way they were in Windows 7?

AlexLefkowitz, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

4 finger gesture doesn't work under Windows 10 with Precision Touchpad

Hi,
    My laptop has a Synaptic precision touchpad (there are no specific gesture menus under the mouse settings, just whatever windows shows me under the touchpad menu in the metro setting app). I'm running SCU 1803 as I'm in the release preview ring. I've had the advanced configuration for 3 fingers working and with both swiping and tapping function normally and can be customized ever since the 1703 update.

However, I had NO options for 4 finger gestures. I already uninstalled the drivers from the device manager and let windows update it but I still can't activate a four gesture option. Any help would be appreciated since my precision touchpad should be supported after all. My laptop is an Acer Nitro 791g running the latest synaptic drivers 19.0.25.9. I tried contacting Microsoft's support but they weren't of much help. So I ignored this issue for a year until now.

Today, I went through Microsoft catalogue and manually updated my synaptic driver to 19.4.29.3 which somehow enabled the 4 gesture controls. But these do not work even with uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting. (as if 4 fingers aren't recognized by the touchpad).

Any idea on what I can do? Precision touchpads ARE supposed to support 4 fingers no?

Thank you.

hemingway59, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

1. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reverse Touchpad finger

2. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  3. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  4. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Zephyrus G14 2020. The 3 finger tap is set to launch windows search and 4 finger tap set to open the action center. The computer sent to sleep after a couple of hours of non use and upon awakening these gestures have ceased working. I...
  6. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior: I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual Desktops. I know that we have a 3 finger gesture but I want the animation from the 4 finger gesture. Is this possible?...
  7. 3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working

3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working: 2-finger gestures still work fine. Only thing that's changed, is I unplugged my laptop from my external monitor and AC adapter, and replugged both back in. Changing gestures configuration doesn't trigger it to start working. Please have this fixed. Gestures, when...
  8. 3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working

3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working: Hi There is a problem with my 3 finger left right swipe for switching apps its working but when i release it still gets stuck there so again i have to click on the app to switch to that app when I release on the desired app the app should directly open is there any solution...
  9. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?: Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward swipes. How to disable two-finger swipes at all and leave only the scroll behaviour? Regards....
  10. 4 finger gesture doesn't work under Windows 10 with Precision Touchpad

4 finger gesture doesn't work under Windows 10 with Precision Touchpad: Hi, My laptop has a Synaptic precision touchpad (there are no specific gesture menus under the mouse settings, just whatever windows shows me under the touchpad menu in the metro setting app). I'm running SCU 1803 as I'm in the release preview ring. I've had the advanced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4 finger swipe windows 10

2. how to reverse the three finger swipe in windows

3. 4 finger swipe win 20

4. reverse four finger swipe windows 10,
  5. 4 finger swipe not working windows,
  6. windows 10 touchpad reverse gesture dell,
  7. swipe windows 10 problem 4 fingers,
  8. reverse swipe on track pad win 10,
  9. 4 finger gesture windows 10,
  10. asus cant swap workspace use 4 fingers touchpad,
  11. windows 10 4 finger gestures