Windows 10: Revert back to earler version of Office 365?

Discus and support Revert back to earler version of Office 365? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have Office 365 that I installed on my son's PC... he mainly uses Outlook. He is blind and uses a screen reading software called JAWS that enables... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mccoady, Jun 24, 2016.

1. mccoady Win User

Revert back to earler version of Office 365?

I have Office 365 that I installed on my son's PC... he mainly uses Outlook. He is blind and uses a screen reading software called JAWS that enables him to use email and the computer in general. While I was on his computer yesterday I noticed there was a Office 365 update so I told it to update. Now after the update his JAWS navigation has become more difficult with his Outlook mail things don't read out the same. He was pretty frustrated about that so unbeknownst to me he tried a Restore (System Restore ? I'm not sure) but whatever he did required me to reinstall Office 365. He couldn't open Outlook because of error screens but after reinstalling it appears to be back to normal, or in the state it was after the initial update. My son still is stuck with an update that makes navigating Outlook much harder.

Now keeping in mind I had to reinstall Office 365 is there a way to revert back to an earlier version of Office 365?

:)

mccoady, Jun 24, 2016
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to revert back to previous version of Windows?

Hi Randy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you want to know if you can revert back to previous version of Windows as Windows 10 is slower. I will surely help you with this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party applications.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

However if you still wish to revert back to older Operating System, for a month after you upgrade to
    Windows 10 you’ll be able to go back to your previous version of Windows from
    Settings > Update & security > Recovery. This will keep your personal files, but it'll remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, as well as any changes you made to settings.

Refer the section Go back to your previous version of Windows from the following article for additional information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 24, 2016
  3. How to revert back to previous version of Windows?

Original title: Windows Upgrade

I recently upgraded to windows 10, but I am not impressed. I will continue to try it but does anyone know if there is a way to go back to my older windows version? This seems to be slower on my laptop and I might want to return to my older window. Thank
    you.

Randy Campbell, Jun 24, 2016
  4. harvey263 Win User

If you have a ProPlusRetail license you can use the Office Deployment Tool to install earlier versions in the form of update channels.

Update Channel Releases
    Version and build numbers of update channel releases for Office 365 clients
    Office 2016 Deployment Tool
    Download Office 2016 Deployment Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

I assume that you are using a web installer that is giving you the Current Channel release. If that's the case, you could try using the deployment tool to install the Deferred Channel or the First Release for Deferred Channel. These will be older versions than the Current Channel, but not necessarily the exact same release that you had working before the recent update. After downloading and extracting the Office Deployment Tool you will have "setup.exe" and "configuration.xml". Look at configuration.xml and you'll get the general idea. You could make an XML that is something like this:

<Configuration>
    <Add OfficeClientEdition="32" Channel="Deferred">
    <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
    <Language ID="en-us" />
    </Product>
    </Add>
    <Updates Enabled="FALSE" Channel="Deferred" />
    </Configuration>

Then from an ADMIN command prompt run:

C:\setup-path\setup.exe /configure C:\xml-path\configuration.xml

harvey263, Jun 25, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Jun 25, 2016
  6. mccoady Win User
    Boy that sounds pretty complicated to revert back to an earlier version of Office 365.

My son was trained on Outlook so any other email is out of the question. Also updating JAWs would require a new version as we've had to do this few times over the years. These version updates cost several hundred dollars so not something we can afford or want to do at this point in time.

mccoady, Jun 25, 2016
  7. harvey263 Win User
    I corrected my previous post because it had a typo in the xml... You could hold out for subsequent Office updates and hope that one of them restores functionality. But it's more likely to require an update on the Jaws side. Using the Office Deployment Tool isn't as simple as download and double click, but not too hard really. Is your license for Office 2016 ProPlus? Here is a step by step.

- Uninstall Office from Programs and Features
    - Create a new folder on your desktop called "O365"
    - Download the Office Deployment Tool Download Office 2016 Deployment Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center
    - Run the file you downloaded and when it prompts to browse for folder, point it to "O365" on you desktop.
    - You will now have two files in the folder, "setup.exe" and "configuration.xml".
    - Right click on "configuration.xml" and select Edit, then delete all the existing text.
    - Replace it with the XML text in my previous post. (e.g. copy/paste the 8 lines that are in <> brackets).
    - Save and close "configuration.xml"
    - Start a new Notepad document and copy/paste the below command into it:

%~dp0setup.exe /configure %~dp0configuration.xml

- Save the file in your "O365" folder and name it "O365.bat"
    - Right click "O365.bat" and select Run as administrator
    - If done correctly Office should begin downloading and installing.

harvey263, Jun 25, 2016
  8. mccoady Win User

Ok thanks I'll have to decide if I want to tackle that or not. I'm not sure what a ProPlusRetail license is but I just have the regular Office 365 license (Version16.0.6965.2058).

I have come across some people saying you could uninstall your 2016 version and install the 2013 version so maybe that's still an option.

I am finding since my Office 365 updated on my PC that hyperlinks now don't work in my own Outlook anymore. Don't know if this is a bug or a new security setting but it sucks!

mccoady, Jun 25, 2016
  9. harvey263 Win User
    I don't have a full understanding of all the different activation schemes. But when I install using the described method, my Product Information says Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus. My assumption is that you would be able to activate successfully with your subscription.

Revert back to earler version of Office 365? [​IMG]

Your version16.0.6965.2058 is the Current Channel release. You can see in my screenshot I installed version 16.0.6741.2048, the Deferred Channel. I happened to find a tool that will compile the xml into a traditional executable Office Click-To-Run Configuration XML Editor. I made one if you want to try it - just download and run as administrator: Office365ProPlus-Deferred.exe

Here are instructions for going back to Office 2013: Reinstall Office 2013 after an Office 2016 upgrade - Office Support

harvey263, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Revert back to earler version of Office 365? - Similar Threads - Revert earler version

2. User Office 365 Home version offline?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Office 365 Home version offline?: I have an Office 365 Home account and have found that the web versions of Word, Excel etc. to be fine for day today use. So, I was wondering if there is a way to use them offline in the same way as you can use Google Doc's etc. or do I need to be connected to the internet all...
  3. Office 365 version 1908 update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 version 1908 update: ]Hi, my current build of Office 365 1908 version is 11929.20300 (September build) and the last build is 11929.20838 . As mentionned in the official site https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...5-apps-updates the release upgrading from is either Version 1908 (Build...
  4. Office 365 version 1908 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Office 365 version 1908 update: ]Hi, my current build of Office 365 1908 version is 11929.20300 (September build) and the last build is 11929.20838 . As mentionned in the official site https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...5-apps-updates the release upgrading from is either Version 1908 (Build...
  5. office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office 365: I did not install publisher when i installed "home office 365." How do I now find and install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/720b03d8-673f-4b53-ad3c-0918ab23bdc0
  6. Reverting back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back: How to revert back to windows v1803 because all drivers available right now for my PC support this version only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverting-back/543db8ae-4681-4d14-b99f-6326cdf6e10b
  7. Education version of Office 365 concern

Education version of Office 365 concern: I just start to realize that I can get the Office 365 Education version with my alumni email, I've missed this great free offer for years! However, I have a concern, that is, will the document I create with Office 365 Education contain any of the personal information like...
  8. Office 365

Office 365: Hi Is anyone else having an issue with Office 365 this morning? I logged in earlier all was OK, just turned the PC off and done a few things, when I turn on it is asking me to turn on my auto renewal.... [img] If I go to account options in Outlook [img] I...
  9. Reverting to Office 2013/365

Reverting to Office 2013/365: Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way, through Office 365, to roll back to Office 2013? The only install option I have in our corporate account is Office 2016, and I am not ready to roll that out to my staff. 23782
  10. What is the most current version of office 2016 / Office 365

What is the most current version of office 2016 / Office 365: Hi there anybody know what the most up to date version of Office 2016 / Office 365 is I've got this one : [img] I don't update automatically as sometimes updates break things Cheers jimbo 92898

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rollback to previous office version o365

2. how to roll office 365 from 1902 to 1808

3. revert back office version

4. How to revert to the previous version of Office 365,
  5. office 365 revert back to old version,
  6. can I revert back the previous update of Office 365,
  7. how to roll back to previous version of office 365,
  8. office 365 revert back to older version,
  9. reverting back to older version of office 365,
  10. revert office to version 1902,
  11. revert back to Version 1808 download,