Windows 10: Revert Photo App Mouse Wheel function from Zoom to Gallery Navigation?

Discus and support Revert Photo App Mouse Wheel function from Zoom to Gallery Navigation? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So apparently Microsoft decided to change the Mouse Wheel behavior in the Photos App from Scrolling through a Gallery to Zooming the current Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Durahl, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Durahl Win User

Revert Photo App Mouse Wheel function from Zoom to Gallery Navigation?

So apparently Microsoft decided to change the Mouse Wheel behavior in the Photos App from Scrolling through a Gallery to Zooming the current Image which I certainly do not like as I'm now ALSO required to use the Keyboard in order to actually navigate Images which is kind of a huge pain in the ass when compared to just using the Mouse like before.

Is there a way of reverting it back or change between settings using something like a registry hack?
    The Photos App Settings do not appear to have such a feature >_>

:)

Durahl, Nov 19, 2016
  2. AndyF_ Win User

Zooming in Windows 10 Photos App

I recently discovered the setting change you mention and it was very helpful. But Photos zooms from the farthest out to the farthest in (from one end of the zoom slider to the other) with a single notch turn of the mouse wheel. Since I can't turn less
    than one notch, unless I change to smooth wheel operation, it's impossible to zoom to anything other than all-the-way-in. Is there any way to change this? It makes zooming with the mouse wheel useless, as I rarely ever want to be zoomed in all the way. (In
    contrast, the mouse wheel zooms a reasonable amount in Google Photos, which makes zooming with the wheel functional.)

AndyF_, Nov 19, 2016
  3. Can't browse photos with mouse wheel anymore - Photos App, Windows 10

I was happy using this app by the standards of how the mouse wheel tends to work in most programs. Why change away from the standard? How can I change the mouse wheel to browse the next / previous photos in the folder instead of zooming, and maybe having
    it continue by zooming when I hold Ctrl in instead?

Christoffer M, Nov 19, 2016
  4. paulham Win User

This is so annoying, at least give us an option if we want zoom or prev/next.

The processes at work require us to scroll quickly through hundreds of images to find the document we need, this is not possible by using the forward and back arrows at the bottom of the screen.

paulham, Nov 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Revert Photo App Mouse Wheel function from Zoom to Gallery Navigation? - Similar Threads - Revert Photo App

2. The zoom function in Photos App stops working after scrolling through photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The zoom function in Photos App stops working after scrolling through photos: I've been having an issue in the Photos app where the zoom function just stops working after scrolling through a few pictures. I can open a photo and it'll work. Then, after scrolling through one or two more photos, it just stops working. I can't zoom in or out using the...
  3. The zoom function in Photos App stops working after scrolling through photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The zoom function in Photos App stops working after scrolling through photos: I've been having an issue in the Photos app where the zoom function just stops working after scrolling through a few pictures. I can open a photo and it'll work. Then, after scrolling through one or two more photos, it just stops working. I can't zoom in or out using the...
  4. Mouse Wheel Zooms In and Out Instead of Scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse Wheel Zooms In and Out Instead of Scrolling: We are using Surface Pro devices models 4, 5 and 7. Out of 70 users we have 4 users that have the issue described below occasionally and one user that has the issue multiple times each day, every day. I will also list what we have tried so far. I also have a ticket in with...
  5. using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally

using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally: hi, i have learnt and got used to that the mouse wheen to down reverts to previous pages and up or forward goes to next page actually i don't know why that is inverted in photo app is there anyway to fix all of that...
  6. Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery: How do I move from one picture to another in Photo Gallery WITHOUT Slide Show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-gallery/71525ccf-6da8-431f-9f49-4b2ead1a70cb
  7. Transferring Photos from Photo Gallery into OneDrive

Transferring Photos from Photo Gallery into OneDrive: How do I move copies of photos from Photo Gallery up to a One Drive Album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-photos-from-photo-gallery-into/991d06fc-9768-4780-b2ae-35f38932fb47
  8. lost photos from photo gallery

lost photos from photo gallery: What happened to my photo gallery photos? was there an automatic upgrade from Microsoft? Thank you. Desperate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-photos-from-photo-gallery/8c970479-acc0-48e5-b1d5-13c8936e535f
  9. Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery: How do I copy a photo from one folder to another (in Photo Gallery)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-gallery/1408aca9-4d5f-4811-acd6-921049531f59
  10. Scroll wheel (to zoom) in windows photo is no longer responsive

Scroll wheel (to zoom) in windows photo is no longer responsive: After searching, I could not find a thread that addressed the issue that I am having. The scroll wheel after 8 or 9 turns will zoom in by about 15% and then stop (and switching photos is no longer possible after this). The mouse and scroll wheel are fully functioning in...