Windows 10: Revert to Windows 10 start button after changing to windows 8

Discus and support Revert to Windows 10 start button after changing to windows 8 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded a program to change my start button and menu to Windows 8 from Windows 10 as I did not particularly like all the goings on for Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kinango, Sep 27, 2016.

1. kinango Win User

Revert to Windows 10 start button after changing to windows 8

I downloaded a program to change my start button and menu to Windows 8 from Windows 10 as I did not particularly like all the goings on for Windows 10.
    Now I regret the change and would like to revert back to the Windows 10 start button and everything that goes with it.

Do I have to do a restore to achieve this ???

*Huh

:)

kinango, Sep 27, 2016
  2. Cicasajt Win User

Downgrading from windows 10

Hi

Today i installed windows 10 on my other device which had windows 8 on it.

The results were poor. Sound quality dropped, couldnt set screen brightness and it wasslower than ever. Recovering from a sleep mode took over 10 minutes. After a few hours i decided to downgrade back to windows 8.

I started it and everything went fine until as 2nd or 3nr step it started working on updates of windows 8.

The updates downloaded and as the next step it started configuring them. It stopped at 81 percent then after half an hour it restarted and started to configure again. Stuck at the same place. After an other half hour it restarted again and started to revert
    changes due to failed configuration. After half hour it started the same thing over and then after a half hour again but i turned it off and on. It started reverting again and then again. Now im stuck at the reverting loop. I dont have my files saved and i
    dont have windows 8 to install again because my device had it by default and i didnt get a disc of windows 8

Cicasajt, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Tarunku08 Win User
    After getting updated to windows 10 from windows 8, getting error APC_INDEX_MISMATCHING

After upgrading from windows 8 to windows 10 I am getting this error.

Actually, last time I upgraded to windows 10 few months back and everything was working fine but suddenly after automatically update of windows 10, I started getting APC_INDEX_MISMATCHING error immediately. With no choice left, I had to reset my PC to factory
    setting. Henceforth My system was back with windows 8 and was working fine but again automatically It got upgraded to windows 10 and I again started getting APC_INDEX_MISMATCHING error and system started restarting. Hence, I have to revert back to windows

After reverting back to windows 8, I have here attaching link to my Minidump. Kindly help

Minidump.zip

Thanks

Tarunku08, Sep 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, I think you mean you mean you downloaded and installed a replacement start menu. You should be able to find this in Settings, System, Apps and Features.

Click the entry you see there for the program and click Uninstall

It's just a program. If that doesn't work there are other ways.

Personally I use - like a number here- Classic Shell as my start menu- I wouldn't and couldn't use Win 10's as it fails to express my menu structure (folders & subfolders) - extracting the shortcuts from the subfolders and listing them alphabetically.
    Thus I get

Help
    Help
    Help
    Help
    - each for a different program. Classic Shell views all this correctly and usefully.

dalchina, Sep 27, 2016
  5. kinango Win User
    Thanks dalchina. will try shortly xx

kinango, Sep 28, 2016
  6. kinango Win User
    Thanks Dalchina. It worked like a dream in a couple of seconds. I think I will leave it as it is now. xx

kinango, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Revert to Windows 10 start button after changing to windows 8 - Similar Threads - Revert start button

2. Windows 10 start button items changed??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start button items changed??: Today when I turn on my computer, my Start Button menu looks like this:Used to be when I clicked the Start Menu, the apps all showed in a vertical listing and I didn't have to click the 3-line menu as depicted above.What happened and how do I fix this to go back to what it...
  3. Windows 10 start button items changed??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start button items changed??: Today when I turn on my computer, my Start Button menu looks like this:Used to be when I clicked the Start Menu, the apps all showed in a vertical listing and I didn't have to click the 3-line menu as depicted above.What happened and how do I fix this to go back to what it...
  4. Windows 10 start button items changed??

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 taskbar reverted to windows 10 look, start button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar reverted to windows 10 look, start button not working: I have freshly installed windows 11 on my computer, but after installing the official nvidia geforce driver package the taskbar has reverted to a windows 10 look, and the start button no longer functions. How to fix this?...
  6. Windows 11 taskbar reverted to windows 10 look, start button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar reverted to windows 10 look, start button not working: I have freshly installed windows 11 on my computer, but after installing the official nvidia geforce driver package the taskbar has reverted to a windows 10 look, and the start button no longer functions. How to fix this?...
  7. Change Windows 10 Pro Start Button Icon

Change Windows 10 Pro Start Button Icon: I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro x64. I want to change the Start button icon to the Windows 7 icon in the Marlett font the one that you get with a capital W. I only want to change it for my user account. I'm using a standard account and I don't know the...
  8. How to change the color of Windows 10 start button

How to change the color of Windows 10 start button: I would like to use the file I attached on this post as my start button . if it is not possible, can I have the same color for current Windows 10 start button. Please 135416
  9. Giving up on Windows 10 - help to revert to 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Giving up on Windows 10 - help to revert to 8: Hi everyone, I have tried everything to get Windows 10 running this week on my relatively new laptop. I did a format and clean install and it always works well - it runs fast and looks stable - until the first reboot where it hangs at "Restarting..." and after 20...
  10. Start menu not working, possibly reverted to Windows 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working, possibly reverted to Windows 8?: Hello, all. Yesterday my start menu suddenly stopped working. In it's place I had a little white house icon on the task bar. I finally figured out that that was a Lenovo product called Pokki that was apparently designed to replace the missing start menu in Windows 8. I...