Windows 10: Reverted back to 8.1 and now 10 keeps auto installing at every boot up

Discus and support Reverted back to 8.1 and now 10 keeps auto installing at every boot up in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10. I didn't like it. I reverted back to 8.1. Now, every time I turn my laptop on, the Windows Update screen pops up and starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kbcollie, Aug 18, 2015.

1. kbcollie Win User

Reverted back to 8.1 and now 10 keeps auto installing at every boot up

I upgraded to Windows 10. I didn't like it. I reverted back to 8.1. Now, every time I turn my laptop on, the Windows Update screen pops up and starts installing Windows 10. I have changed auto update settings to ask me first, but to no avail. I even selected DO NOT check for updates, to no avail. How do I get this to stop? Thanks.

:)

kbcollie, Aug 18, 2015
  2. stevec5 Win User

C5-00 Time keeps resetting to 1am

Hi

Had my C5-00 for a week or so now and all been ok except this morning. The time reset itself to 1am and the date to yesterday. I took off the auto clock and set it myself with the correct date. 15 or so minutes later it reverted back to 1am (but today's
    date this time)

I have now turned it off and back on and set the time/date (which it asks on 1st boot every time! Strange) and set it back to auto-update.

As of now it is keeping its time/date but seems strange. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? I have tried the phone update but it says everything is up-to-date.

Thanks,

Steve

stevec5, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Pickupman Win User
    Windows 10 slowed down my PC's performance

I had serious issues with my computer being slow. Boot up took forever and forget looking things up on the net. I finally had to revert back to Windows 8 then upgrade to 8.1. It didn't revert back to 8.1 like it said it would so it took most of the day
    to get things back to 8.1 and now its back to running like it was!! I will never upgrade to 10 until their performance issues are fixed.

Pickupman, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Reverted back to 8.1 and now 10 keeps auto installing at every boot up

Mark Phelps, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Reverted back to 8.1 and now 10 keeps auto installing at every boot up

1. Reverted back to 8.1 and now 10 keeps auto installing at every boot up - Similar Threads - Reverted keeps auto

2. Back Up 8 Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back Up 8 Errors: Have posted re Windows Live Mail WLM. Decided to take a backup of this; regularly do using Backup 8 app. This time getting error message:-So problems with WLM and effecting Backup8. Appreciate any help availableThanks...
  3. Back Up 8 Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back Up 8 Errors: Have posted re Windows Live Mail WLM. Decided to take a backup of this; regularly do using Backup 8 app. This time getting error message:-So problems with WLM and effecting Backup8. Appreciate any help availableThanks...
  4. Background keep revert back to black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background keep revert back to black: Hi, I have a brand new XPS15 9500 and since i had it, it keeps having issue with windows explorer: - Explorer crashes often - Often run CPU up to 30% - Revert background settings back to black and change screen sharing settings. Anyone knows how to fix these issues?...
  5. Lockscreen and Background keep Reverting Back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen and Background keep Reverting Back: I've tried to set my lock and background screen to my own photo and it only stays that way for a day, then changes to a random one chosen by windows. I've made sure that I selected the 'picture' option in the personalization settings and not "slideshow". But no matter what...
  6. "read only" keeps reverting back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "read only" keeps reverting back: Hello, it seems like I can't turn off "read only" for a specific folder, it keeps reverting back, I tried many solutions on the internet to grant authorisations but everything I tried failed It's not like I never had that problem, in windows vista, win 7, win 8, win 10, and...
  7. How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?: I really need help, apparently my windows 10 enterprise license is expiring soon. I tried many tricks and solutions I searched on the internet, but they didn't work. I tried entering the windows 10 enterprise product key to activate it again, and it said that it needed my...
  8. Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?: I bought a Lenovo Idea Pad Y510P a long time ago. Recently I went in and did a destructive recovery. It recovers it to Windows 10 even though the specs it came with shows it came with Windows 8. The problem is Lenovo states this laptop isn't compatible with Windows 10....
  9. Giving up on Windows 10 - help to revert to 8

Giving up on Windows 10 - help to revert to 8: Hi everyone, I have tried everything to get Windows 10 running this week on my relatively new laptop. I did a format and clean install and it always works well - it runs fast and looks stable - until the first reboot where it hangs at "Restarting..." and after 20...
  10. reverting back after installing

reverting back after installing: If i install the latest iso release of 10; is there still a way to revert back to my version of 7 until the final release of 10 comes out next month? 6706