Windows 10: Reverted Back To Older Build on Windows 10

Discus and support Reverted Back To Older Build on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Windows Creator Update is worthless junk on my PC. It caused all kinds of problems, so I did a clean install and tried to install the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NotEnoughRage, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Reverted Back To Older Build on Windows 10

The Windows Creator Update is worthless junk on my PC. It caused all kinds of problems, so I did a clean install and tried to install the latest Creators Update build 1703 again. It would`nt even install it. Just automatically reverted back to build 1511. It won`t even install build 1607 which was on the system before I did a clean install.
    Windows Creator is crap.

:)

NotEnoughRage, Apr 21, 2017
  2. MBR2016 Win User

Windows 10 updates. Installed printer gone?

if possible revert back to your previous build of Win10. Windows 10 ver1511 update is full of bugs, removed my printer and woulde'nt even detect install of the drivers. reverting back to the older build of win10 fixed it for me

MBR2016, Apr 21, 2017
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    Can't update my Nokia Lumia 920(10586.545) to (10586.682) HELP !

Use the WDRT tool to revert back to windows phone 8.

You are running an unsupported OS on a unsupported device.

I would recommend not to run any windows 10 mobile builds on a *20 series Lumia.I have tried it (on a 1020)and its not a good combination, an older Snapdragon S4(+) SOC and windows 10 mobile.

Thats also one of the reasons the older Lumia are not longer supported for running windows 10 mobile builds

G.Ilex, Apr 21, 2017
  4. derek10 Win User

Reverted Back To Older Build on Windows 10

Windows creators on 5 completely different computers and 0 issues
    Only one tablet cannot get windows installed but it's not specific to creators

derek10, Apr 21, 2017
  5. So, you`re saying it is`nt Windows Creator that is the problem? My PC runs flawlessly on previous builds. When Creators update is installed, it runs like crap. How can it not be the update? It`s obvious that Creators Update is the problem.

NotEnoughRage, Apr 22, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    The Creators upgrade caused a problem with my Office 365 applications (e.g. MSWord). I cannot "browse" the Documents folder to open a document from any Office 365 application. When I click "Browse" either a blank search window comes up or it tries to search in "SkyDrive". Either way it will eventually go to Not Responding. Doing troubleshooting, on a different Win 10 thread it looks like something is still lurking from Windows 8 as this system was upgraded from 8 to 8.1 to 10.

However, I also have the Windows Insider version of Win 10 creators upgrade and I installed Office 365 and there are NO problems with that installation. I also have a Laptop that was upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and now the creators upgrade and Office 365 works fine on it.

I'll have to do a "clean" install at some point. It will be a while as I use this system for my recording studio and it will take a while to make sure I have all my serial numbers and install programs for all my VST and MIDI plug ins to my recording program (Sonar). It will be probably sometime in May before I do it as I have recording sessions scheduled for the next two weeks.

I haven't found any other problems, so far.

Not enough rage, my PC is similar to yours (and I used to live in Laurel).

fireberd, Apr 22, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you were going to do a clean install, why didn't you just do a clean install of version 1703? Why install an old version first and then upgrade? Sometimes a lot of problems get straightened out by doing a clean install of the latest version instead of upgrading to it. And my experience is the same as @derek10's. Version 1703 of Windows 10 (Creator's Update) installed on 8 computers on my home network with 0 issues. About 50% of my computers are clean installs of 1703 and the other 50% have been through 2 or 3 major upgrade cycles.

NavyLCDR, Apr 22, 2017
  8. AddRAM Win User

You should install the version that works for you then just Defer feature updates.

My monitor would not go to sleep after installing the CU, worked on it for the last 2 weeks with no luck, so I re imaged back to the AU and all is well. (Yes I tried everything I could before re imaging)

If your PC ran fine before installing the CU, then of course the problem is with the CU and your PC, as it`s been said here many times, everyone`s hardware is different and many people have issues after updating.

So just don`t update yet, you can Defer feature updates for at least 2 months with the AU maybe even 4 months.

But there`s no way to stop W10 from eventually updating, maybe you should install Windows 7

I personally do not like the update process either and that`s why I keep 7 on another drive, no one says you have to use W10 *Smile

As far as not being able to clean install 1607, that is odd *Huh

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reverted Back To Older Build on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reverted Older Build

2. Revert back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert back to Windows 10: Ever since I allow Win11 to be installed my "brand new" computer has extreme slowness.I DETEST Win11 - I know I am "past" the allowable window - but I want to restore Win10 - How do I do that?...
  3. Revert back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert back to Windows 10: Ever since I allow Win11 to be installed my "brand new" computer has extreme slowness.I DETEST Win11 - I know I am "past" the allowable window - but I want to restore Win10 - How do I do that?...
  4. reverting back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reverting back to windows 10: i updated to windows 11 and its not compatible with the software i run for work, can i revert back to win10? how do i stop the prompt for updating to windows 11 after i switch back?...
  5. reverting back to windows 10

reverting back to windows 10: i updated to windows 11 and its not compatible with the software i run for work, can i revert back to win10? how do i stop the prompt for updating to windows 11 after i switch back?...
  6. Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2: Hello Experts, I am currently running Win10 Enterprise Build 21H1. Since being updated to this build, it has prevented my Automation software for working correctly.The Automation Software Tech Support has stated that their software is compatibly with Win10 Enterprise Build...
  7. Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2

Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2: Hello Experts, I am currently running Win10 Enterprise Build 21H1. Since being updated to this build, it has prevented my Automation software for working correctly.The Automation Software Tech Support has stated that their software is compatibly with Win10 Enterprise Build...
  8. Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to revert to an older verison of Windows 10?

How to revert to an older verison of Windows 10?: I recently updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, however, since the update, my PC has been having issues- giving me the BSoD every 30-60 minutes. I would like to revert to the second latest version of Windows 10, as that update did not give me any troubles....
  10. Windows Update reverts back to original Build (18290).

Windows Update reverts back to original Build (18290).: Hello, I'm a Windows 10 Insider since March 2015 and had no problems till now. I'm trying to upgrade to Build 18298 from 18290 but during the final phase I get the error message: "Undoing changes made to your computer..." and WU reverts back to Build 18290. What to do?...