Windows 10: Reverting to 1607 with clean iso install

Discus and support Reverting to 1607 with clean iso install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; .Since creators update is buggy mess atm and I am done dealing with it, I am planing to clean install 1607 tommorow but I I am not sure if it won't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dyabzhee, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Dyabzhee Win User

Reverting to 1607 with clean iso install

• .Since creators update is buggy mess atm and I am done dealing with it, I am planing to clean install 1607 tommorow but I I am not sure if it won't get updated to Creators in process: You know, when you boot and saying checkin for updates?
    • Also, if I manage to install it, does differ option still work?
    • Edit: Since I am planing to buy win10pro, can I activate it in 1607 build If I manage to install it?

:)

Dyabzhee, Apr 14, 2017
  2. WayneRupp Win User

if i clean install windows which version will i have

Tnic01,

If within a ten day period of upgrade to 1703, you can revert to the previous build 1607.

After 10 days you would need to use 1607 installation media (usb,dvd) to reinstall 1607.

Examine Andre Da Costa's article HERE on downloading an ISO of 1607 Anniversary Update if you don't already have it on hand.

You might have to Clean Install though, because I don't think you can move backwards without clean installing. This means you lose all your files, apps and programs unless you save them to an external drive.

If I find any further pertinent information, I will send it to you.

Regards,

Wayne

WayneRupp, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Returning computer to origanal version of windows 10

The only direct way is to do a clean Install of 1607 because reverting is only available to previous build and looks like you have Installed many builds after 1607.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Sorry to hear that 1703 isn't working for you. When Setup says it's 'checking for updates' it specifically means checking for relevant updates for the version you are installing. You won't get Creators that way.

You may get it through Window Update in the normal way some time later. AIUI a features update won't be offered until at least 30 days after a fresh install. Did yours come through the automatic windows update, or did you use the Upgrade Assistant or the MCT to do it yourself? If you got it automatically, then you'll be likely to be offered it again sooner rather than later, but no sooner than 30 days.

If you have Pro, the 'Defer Feature updates' will defer 1703 until it become Current Branch for Business, it's just Current Branch at present.

Yes.

5. Dyabzhee Win User
    Thank you for the fast response!

Yeah I'l get 1607 for a few months until 1703 gets stable. It does feel snappier and faster overall but I guess that it will take at least a month to fix most of the bugs and getting new features working as intended. Mainly aiming at game mode.

Dyabzhee, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Yes, I've seen your other posts and the problems you've had. Should 1703 still not work for you when it becomes CBB (and can no longer be deferred) then the ultimate 'blocker' is to hide the update...
    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Clean install works a treat -- simply get ISO and install on new partition / HDD - you don't even need to wipe the old one.

Did THREE machines this weekend from scratch -- all working 100% perfectly plus OFFICE 2016 / Photoshop etc etc re-installs fine.

Note though save any data you have on the old "C" drive and of course if re-installing products have licences / serial numbers saved in case you have to re-enter them. Save any passwords / accounts for web sites etc you need again too before doing the re-install.

As far as an email client is concerned - if you use IMAP you don't lose any email - just save any you've copied from the server to local folders.

It's been the easiest install yet.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 15, 2017
  8. Dyabzhee Win User

I am on 1607 now and its working without any problems.

Dyabzhee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reverting to 1607 with clean iso install - Similar Threads - Reverting 1607 clean

2. Clean Install with ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install with ISO: A quick question. When I download the ISO File to clean install Windows 11, do I just mount it on the C: drive, which drive will be wiped clean and the fresh install of Windows 11 installed?I see some vides suggesting to create a partition but if I do not have to, then I will...
  3. Clean Install with ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Install with ISO: A quick question. When I download the ISO File to clean install Windows 11, do I just mount it on the C: drive, which drive will be wiped clean and the fresh install of Windows 11 installed?I see some vides suggesting to create a partition but if I do not have to, then I will...
  4. Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?: Hi @ all and big ups for the forum. I have a HP Probook 450 G7 notebook which definetely needs a clean install, although it is currently running latest version 20H2. I have checked with the HP cloud recovery service, the provided "recovery' media is just an bootable .ISO...
  5. Windows 10 UPG iso - clean install

Windows 10 UPG iso - clean install: Where download from ? Any link ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upg-iso-clean-install/d66b0366-0302-4d95-9c96-e83d4246da73
  6. clean installation window 10 by iso file

clean installation window 10 by iso file: steps for clean installation by iso file of windows 10 home single https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-installation-window-10-by-iso-file/cadf2f20-bffa-43e1-8b44-b231a7a8070f
  7. Updating 1607 iso to creators with kbs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating 1607 iso to creators with kbs?: I was wondering if this is possible, like when you integrate SP2 in a iso with windows xp sp1. Afaik I should integrate the "big one" and a patch that came yesterday, right? Could you point me to the kb articles, Im a bit lost and I dont know exactly which they are. Thanks...
  8. Clean install of 1607 no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean install of 1607 no internet: It looks like I'm not the only one that's had internet access not work after upgrade, but I'm not getting access after a clean format and install. I've done all the updating,resetting and flushing that I can think of so right now I'm at a loss, and by no choice will be...
  9. Is MS ISO download 1607?

Is MS ISO download 1607?: MS 1607 update to my pre-1607 Win 10 have failed more than 10 times. Finally spent over 4 hours on the phone with MS level 1 and 2. Things are now even worse. Applications that have worked for a long time (including under Win 10) are failing. Including the OS telling me it is...
  10. Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.

Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.: I already upgraded to 10 but would like to do a clean install , it successfully activated . Thank you 16092