Windows 10: Review: Younited by F-Secure, free secure cloud storage

Discus and support Review: Younited by F-Secure, free secure cloud storage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Kim Dotcom & downfall of Megaupload, Edward Snowden & NSA leaks and many other recent news have accelerated the discussion about privacy concerns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kari, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Kari Win User

Review: Younited by F-Secure, free secure cloud storage

Kim Dotcom & downfall of Megaupload, Edward Snowden & NSA leaks and many other recent news have accelerated the discussion about privacy concerns regarding online communications and services. Giant US companies like Microsoft and Google are constantly criticized by both users and authorities, the former concerned about their privacy, the latter willing to have wider access to user data and files.

This in background F-Secure, one of the leading computer security companies in the world created a secure cloud storage service Younited. As the company and its servers are located in Finland and outside the US jurisdiction, F-Secure boldly promises a somewhat different service:
    (http://www.younited.com/why.html)

Setting up Younited is easy, simply download the app on each device you want to and start using it. The free plan gives you 10 GB of storage compared to Microsoft SkyDrive's 7 GB and Google Drive's 15 GB (in Google Drive's case the storage is shared with Gmail and Google Docs making it difficult to compare). You can buy 200 GB or 500 GB additional storage, price €75 / £58 / $85 per year for 200 GB and €120 / £95 / $140 for 500 GB.

When idle Younited sits nicely on Systray, with a simplest possible context menu:

Review: Younited by F-Secure, free secure cloud storage [​IMG]

User interface is simple and logical, hard to see any Windows users having issues with it. Here running on Windows 8.1:

Younited on Windows Phone 8 (also available for Android and iOS devices):

When installing Younited on a new device the program asks the name of the device defaulting to actual device name. Everything put on Younited is then automatically shared with all your Younited devices.

Sharing your Younited media or documents is easy. Just select Share to get sharing options:

If you select to share as online link, it will be automatically copied to the clipboard, from where it can be pasted to an email, forums post or social media status:

All things considered I personally find Younited extremely easy to use, practical and in some ways better than SkyDrive or Google Drive.

Pros:
    • Free
    • Fast to setup and use
    • Easy
    • Practical when used on multiple devices
    • Big free storage compared to similar services
    • 500 GB additional extra storage enough for heavy duty users
    • Nice user interface
    Cons:
    • Price of additional storage
    • Needs about twice as much RAM sitting idle in the background than closest competitors (see screenshot below)
    • Uploading content first time on Windows 8.1 was slow, uploaded content did not show in Younited before restarting the application

RAM usage, two hours after boot, all three apps idle all the time:

Note Younited is still an invitation based service. You can register on Younited home page, you will then be notified when the service is made available to you.

Get your Younited: Web Server's Default Page

:)

2. System locked by F-Secure

Hello @perdub,

You can also call them right away,

Get support for your F-Secure products | F-Secure

-vvaino

PS. As said, the "three finger" -solution is the last thing to do!

vvaino---01, Nov 18, 2013
  3. System locked by F-Secure

I have a problem with my N95-1

has come to lock it with f-secure

can not do anything I have tried to

http://www.f-secure.com/kb/1306

does not

also drop them an email to f-secure

No response

by Google Translate

DK_hummer100, Nov 18, 2013
  4. z3r010 Win User

I'm happy with Skydrive, I aint that important to need mega secure privacy storage lol

z3r010, Nov 18, 2013
  5. Kari Win User
    I've been using this a few months now, I like its simplicity. My 107 GB SkyDrive is enough for me now, but good to know here you can get 500 GB additional storage if need arises *Smile.

6. LittleJay Win User
    Thanks for the info Kari. Having 500 Gbs of extra storage could come in handy someday. *Thumbs

LittleJay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Review: Younited by F-Secure, free secure cloud storage - Similar Threads - Review Younited Secure

2. Using Kaspersky Security Cloud FREE Antivirus With Windows 10 Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using Kaspersky Security Cloud FREE Antivirus With Windows 10 Updates: I have several Windows 7 machines and use Kaspersky Security Cloud Free and find it very comprehensive and low on system resources. On my Windows 10 machines I rely on Defender and in my opinion the jury is out and hasn't come up with a verdict yet as to its competence.. One...
  3. Free AV Reviews

Free AV Reviews: Below is a lengthy, but informative article from ZDNet which reviews free AV software. May be of interest to those who prefer. WD fully meets my needs and I don't keep up with other AV's. But I have never heard of Sophos or Kaspersky Security Cloud. Best free PC antivirus...
  4. Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never...

Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never...: My Windows Security icon in the taskbar is constantly red with an "Actions Needed" warning, but when I open it, the only issue is that "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date." I never installed F-Secure and had never even heard of it until this issue came up....
  5. configure defender (high) vs Kaspersky security cloud free

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    configure defender (high) vs Kaspersky security cloud free: should I stick to built-in protection? submitted by /u/spookyghost690 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lb5gxh/configure_defender_high_vs_kaspersky_security/
  6. Kaspersky Security Cloud issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kaspersky Security Cloud issue: [ATTACH] To make a long story short: After everything I still have on WinSec. GUI Kaspersky SC as a component. It's snoozed and off but Win Def is also off. How can I completely remove KSC from Win sys? I tried to use Kaspersky tools from there web site repository but it...
  7. F secure safe for free

F secure safe for free: I have just changed my tv, home phone and broadband package from Sky to a brand new cable from Virgin Media. I am currently using Windows Security for frequent full scans and offline scans at least once a week, and also Malwarebytes free for weekly scans. My WIFI is turned...
  8. CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software

in Windows 10 News
    CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software: Regardless of the version of Windows and computer you’re using at the moment, there’s always a chance that your hard drive could fail anytime or a software bug could delete your important files. There are many reasons why you may need a backup software: The files can be...
  9. facebook forces f-secure download

facebook forces f-secure download: Guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but since this is security related, it might be somewhat correct. Anyway, I logged to my Facebook account and before I could get to my newsfeed, I have a notification from Facebook stating that my system is...
  10. Avira free Security Suite

Avira free Security Suite: Avira Free Security Suite 2017 complete with optional VPN protection. 67639