Windows 10: Revisit Activation

Discus and support Revisit Activation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need some advice. I did the upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home the day it came out. Went like clockwork (thanks to the info in this forum). It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blue Owl, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Blue Owl Win User

Revisit Activation

I need some advice.
    I did the upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home the day it came out. Went like clockwork (thanks to the info in this forum). It activated after a few hours and was running fine.

A week later I thought it was time to do a clean install. At the first screen that asks for the activation code, I clicked skip. Everything went like clockwork again, until I got to the last screen where it says something along the line of "it's time to enter your activation code". I was unable to click "finish" until I entered the activation code. I had run KeyFinder before doing the clean install and had that (apparently generic) activation code. After entering the code I was able to click on "finish". It activated right away and has been running fine ever since.

From what I have been reading this should not have happened and now I am worried that I may have problems down the road if I try to reinstall or run a recovery. Thought I'd just ride it out, since everything seems fine, but in the back of my mind, I have that nagging question.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

:)

Blue Owl, Aug 29, 2015
  2. Sarassie Win User

Microsoft Update revisited

I followed your instructions. Last night I did it around 9pm EST and it was still going after 5am EST Sunday. So it didn't work Had to restore to previous version.

Sarassie, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Microsoft Update revisited

Kindly try to do those steps and see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Revisit Activation

Did you log in with your MS account? If not that is all you probably have to do.

5. There was Skip button as well, you just overlooked it. Everyone has Windows activated using generic key, but the key does not really matter, if your Windows setup was not legit, it would not accept it, I know from my own experience. So do not worry, if your Windows is activated, everything is as it should be. *Wink

TairikuOkami, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Blue Owl Win User
    That's a relief. No, I didn't see the "Do this later". I was looking for the "Skip". Now I know for the next time.

I did sign in with my MS account. And it is activated. So sounds like I'm good.

Thanks for the help.

Blue Owl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Revisit Activation

1. Revisit Activation - Similar Threads - Revisit Activation

2. Mailbox/Calendar app revisited!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mailbox/Calendar app revisited!: Hi again and Happy New Year, I have been looking at some old posts back in September 23. It was about the “Mailbox/Calendar app and the “New Outlook” mail app. Like myself people were contacting the community about the “New Outlook” taking over from the mailbox app. At the...
  3. Mailbox/Calendar app revisited!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mailbox/Calendar app revisited!: Hi again and Happy New Year, I have been looking at some old posts back in September 23. It was about the “Mailbox/Calendar app and the “New Outlook” mail app. Like myself people were contacting the community about the “New Outlook” taking over from the mailbox app. At the...
  4. My PC has suddenly stopped filling in web credentials when I revisit websites. How do I fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has suddenly stopped filling in web credentials when I revisit websites. How do I fix...: My PC has a list of saved user names & passwords associated to each website.My system would fill in the information whenever I returned to that site. All of a sudden it stopped filling in the information. The list of information in settings /Web Credentials is still there but...
  5. My PC has suddenly stopped filling in web credentials when I revisit websites. How do I fix...

My PC has suddenly stopped filling in web credentials when I revisit websites. How do I fix...: My PC has a list of saved user names & passwords associated to each website.My system would fill in the information whenever I returned to that site. All of a sudden it stopped filling in the information. The list of information in settings /Web Credentials is still there but...
  6. Please revisit: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please revisit: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.: To follow my question Search title: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.I have tried many methods to restore my Windows 7 PC to normal but this time i am in a System repair restart loop. It did produce a log where it says the registry is corrupt and it can't fix...
  7. Please revisit: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.

Please revisit: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.: To follow my question Search title: Corrupt Registry: Root Cause in Startup Repair.I have tried many methods to restore my Windows 7 PC to normal but this time i am in a System repair restart loop. It did produce a log where it says the registry is corrupt and it can't fix...
  8. AnyTech Revisited

AnyTech Revisited: I read the long thread about Anytech 365 from last year, and wondered if there's any new developments. I believe I may have talked to them when I called up about a question I had with IOBit, but I did not sign up for their services. In spite of that, I just received an email...
  9. AnyTech Revisited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AnyTech Revisited: I read the long thread about Anytech 365 from last year, and wondered if there's any new developments. I believe I may have talked to them when I called up about a question I had with IOBit, but I did not sign up for their services. In spite of that, I just received an email...
  10. Active window taskbar icon color stand out Windows 10 revisited

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active window taskbar icon color stand out Windows 10 revisited: Following up on this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/active-window-taskbar-icon-color-stand-out-windows/5521f184-c332-4ca3-ba41-1d3d9f2991f9 This is nearly 5 years old. Has this been fixed yet? Basically can we change the colorin the...