Windows 10: Revo Uninstaller Portable?

Discus and support Revo Uninstaller Portable? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the full (paid for) version of Revo Uninstaller Portable, and I have installed it on a small usb stick. The problem is that in order to run it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Willabong, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Willabong Win User

Revo Uninstaller Portable?

I have the full (paid for) version of Revo Uninstaller Portable, and I have installed it on a small usb stick.
    The problem is that in order to run it, I need to insert the usb stick, then open the Revo folder on the stick and double click on the program icon.
    What I would like to happen is for the program to run as soon as I insert the stick, Is it possible to do this? and could you please provide details.

:)

Willabong, Nov 1, 2017
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User
    XP ROCKS., Nov 1, 2017
  3. Cannot uninstall Apple Software Update from Windows 10

Same result with Revo Uninstall -- same result with MSI Forced Uninstall from Revo

JanetChin1, Nov 1, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Good morning (afternoon!), Willabong. There are probably many ways to accomplish that, but here's what I found. Involves making a short autorun.inf file on your thumb, and setting the drive to autoplay. Take a look and see if you could use it.

How to Create an AutoRun File for a USB Flash Drive

f14tomcat, Nov 1, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    The use of autorun.inf to start programs was withdrawn in a patch for XP and this change was included in Windows 7 and later. You can only start a program from CD/DVD using this method not from USB.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ity-in-windows

The reason was it was a good way to propagate malware.

There isn't a simple way to do it now - you need a program running on the host that will notice the USB being inserted and then take some action. This thread describes using AutoIT to do this How To Auto-Launch Apps With A USB Stick [Windows]

Or alternatively partition your USB so it looks like a CD drive - How to create an autorun USB drive by yourself, which works on any Windows. (I've not tried this method though).

lx07, Nov 1, 2017
  6. i'm sure the functionality is still in windows, cause all microsoft ever does is disable and hide. i'd suggest either doing a google search or doing one of the two lx07posted.

xXWhackerXx, Nov 1, 2017
  7. Willabong Win User
    I'll give these suggestions a try, thanks to you all for your help!

Willabong, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Revo Uninstaller Portable? - Similar Threads - Revo Uninstaller Portable

2. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Revo uninstaller safe?: Is Revo uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-revo-uninstaller-safe/a6d44878-ac2c-4861-b5d6-ac7351b81eca
  3. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Revo uninstaller safe?: Is Revo uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-revo-uninstaller-safe/a6d44878-ac2c-4861-b5d6-ac7351b81eca
  4. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Revo Uninstaller vs Revo uninstaller pro...

Revo Uninstaller vs Revo uninstaller pro...: When you uninstall a program through "Programs and Features" and afterwards, launch Revo, that program is not listed in Revo... Does the Pro version of Revo list programs that have been removed through "Programs and Features" ? 174560
  6. Revo Uninstaller Pro offer.

Revo Uninstaller Pro offer.: Revo Uninstaller Pro is 67% off today: Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstallation Software - 67% off for PC 143432
  7. Revo or Ashampoo Uninstaller ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Revo or Ashampoo Uninstaller ?: Hi All. Has anyone use both. Revo and Ashampoo uninstaller? witch one do you recommend? Running Windows 10 home edition. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revo-or-ashampoo-uninstaller/1005b5b9-920b-4e7d-be90-c6d8460414ce"
  8. Revo Uninstaller Question

Revo Uninstaller Question: Thanks to the Revo Uninstaller Pro 4 thread on here I just bought it. I thought that I would test it out and remove HexChat as I had planned to remove it anyway. My question is regarding the registry entries it found. I'm wondering if removing them will break anything -...
  9. Revo Uninstaller question

Revo Uninstaller question: Revo Uninstaller used to be one of my favorite programs; the fact that it left no bits and pieces when uninstalling programs attracted me. However, every time my Geek Squad looks at my laptop the first thing they do, again and again, is uninstall Revo Uninstaller. They have...
  10. Revo uninstaller problem

Revo uninstaller problem: I wanted to reinstall Netlimiter, so i decided to use Revo just because i wanted to try it out and see why is it so popular. It uninstalls netlimiter then asks me to delete some registries. The labels and keys of the registries all have NetLimiter somewhere on them so what...