Windows 10: Revo uninstaller problem

Discus and support Revo uninstaller problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to reinstall Netlimiter, so i decided to use Revo just because i wanted to try it out and see why is it so popular. It uninstalls netlimiter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dusty071, Oct 7, 2015.

1. dusty071 Win User

Revo uninstaller problem

I wanted to reinstall Netlimiter, so i decided to use Revo just because i wanted to try it out and see why is it so popular. It uninstalls netlimiter then asks me to delete some registries. The labels and keys of the registries all have NetLimiter somewhere on them so what the hell i deleted them all. Now whenever i try to install the newest version of Netlimiter the setup fails, rerolls the changes and says that it ended prematurely. I went through all the revo options and there is nothing there that would block this installer... I even uninstalled revo and it didnt help at all. There is just no way to install Netlimiter on my system again. Anyone knows what Revo did to my system or is the only way a windows reinstall to fix this?

:)

dusty071, Oct 7, 2015

2. window's 10 and Chromebrowser

It did. I suspect that if you still have Chrome listed in Control panel's "Uninstall" list of programs, you will be able to just use uninstall in Revo. Revo will then first try the programs own uninstall routine, when this fails it will then uninstall the
    program itself. Having uninstalled the faulty copy of Chrome, you can then reinstall using a fresh setup downloaded from Google. The problem I had with "Explorer.exe" stopping working was probably because I had removed Chrome from the uninstall list after
    failing to uninstall it via control panel. I then had to use Revo's "Forced Uninstall".

The two other programs, Adobe reader and iTunes, that I had problems with were uninstalled by Revo without any great difficulty.

Chrisfromwales, Oct 7, 2015
  3. stuborn program

Marcus,

What is the fully qualified name and path to the file ?

`~`

Have you tяied manually uninstalling/delete the said file in safe mode?

`~`

Download a FREE (Version: 2.00 works on 32-bit versions of Windows) program called Revo Uninstaller

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems>. it will uninstall any program completely
    including trace files of programs. works grəat, you shouldn't have any more problems reinstalling after you uninstall with this program.

Just DON'T allow the computer to reboot if the uninstall portion of Revo asks if you want to reboot now or
    later.

Select later and allow Revo to finish səarching for orphan registry entries.

Reboot after Revo finishes.

`~`

Completely Uninstall Programs And More With Revo Uninstaller

<<http://www.howtogeek.com/79926/completely-uninstall-programs-and-more-with-revo-uninstaller/>>

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 7, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Revo uninstaller problem

Have free version of Revo ? Never had this issue been using Revo for years and is a good uninstaller, but should yes always look through all entries it lists for leftovers before deleting them, seen some instances where might remove ones not related to program, but rare instances . Are you running as admin installing it ? Revo does hold backups and registry backup in users /<name>/AppData/local/ VS Revo Group folder.

jds63, Oct 7, 2015
  5. lvgandhi Win User
    In my case Revo did not even show some installed programs for uninstall. I think there is some mismatch between windows 10 and revo.

lvgandhi, Oct 8, 2015
  6. DavidE Win User
    Revo Free only works for 32 bit programs.
    You need Revo Pro to see the 64 Bit programs.

If you have Revo Free, and the programs not listed are 64 Bit, that is normal.

DavidE, Oct 8, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    I have Professional edition and a 64bit OS.

jds63, Oct 8, 2015
  8. DavidE Win User

Revo uninstaller problem

Are you running a Win 10 upgrade install, or a clean install ?

If an upgrade install, did you re-install Revo after the upgrade ?

DavidE, Oct 8, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Clean install after the upgrade and reinstalled Revo, was there on upgrade too, usually one first software's i install then my other software.

jds63, Oct 8, 2015
  10. DavidE Win User
    OK, then to me it sounds like a Revo issue for you.
    I use Revo Free portable, and i haven't needed to run it yet in Win 10.

I use portables whenever possible, so no uninstall needed.
    I have more portable apps than installed programs in Win 10 right now.

DavidE, Oct 8, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Wait a minute, i have no issues, thread starter does.

jds63, Oct 8, 2015
  12. DavidE Win User
    OK, my mistake, the OP needs to reply to posts #4 and #6.

DavidE, Oct 8, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Revo uninstaller problem

O.k., yes we are doing more replying, i never used portable version although o.k., but pro version does do a better cleaning.
    After clean install from a disc i had to reinstall it again, but always make it one of the first that way it sees rest of software going in i feel.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Revo uninstaller problem

1. Revo uninstaller problem - Similar Threads - Revo uninstaller problem

2. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Revo uninstaller safe?: Is Revo uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-revo-uninstaller-safe/a6d44878-ac2c-4861-b5d6-ac7351b81eca
  3. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Revo uninstaller safe?: Is Revo uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-revo-uninstaller-safe/a6d44878-ac2c-4861-b5d6-ac7351b81eca
  4. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Revo Uninstaller vs Revo uninstaller pro...

Revo Uninstaller vs Revo uninstaller pro...: When you uninstall a program through "Programs and Features" and afterwards, launch Revo, that program is not listed in Revo... Does the Pro version of Revo list programs that have been removed through "Programs and Features" ? 174560
  6. Revo Uninstaller Pro offer.

Revo Uninstaller Pro offer.: Revo Uninstaller Pro is 67% off today: Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstallation Software - 67% off for PC 143432
  7. Revo or Ashampoo Uninstaller ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Revo or Ashampoo Uninstaller ?: Hi All. Has anyone use both. Revo and Ashampoo uninstaller? witch one do you recommend? Running Windows 10 home edition. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revo-or-ashampoo-uninstaller/1005b5b9-920b-4e7d-be90-c6d8460414ce"
  8. Revo Uninstaller Question

Revo Uninstaller Question: Thanks to the Revo Uninstaller Pro 4 thread on here I just bought it. I thought that I would test it out and remove HexChat as I had planned to remove it anyway. My question is regarding the registry entries it found. I'm wondering if removing them will break anything -...
  9. Revo Uninstaller question

Revo Uninstaller question: Revo Uninstaller used to be one of my favorite programs; the fact that it left no bits and pieces when uninstalling programs attracted me. However, every time my Geek Squad looks at my laptop the first thing they do, again and again, is uninstall Revo Uninstaller. They have...
  10. Revo Uninstaller Portable?

Revo Uninstaller Portable?: I have the full (paid for) version of Revo Uninstaller Portable, and I have installed it on a small usb stick. The problem is that in order to run it, I need to insert the usb stick, then open the Revo folder on the stick and double click on the program icon. What I would...