Windows 10: Ridiculously random death of start and search buttons on taskbar

Discus and support Ridiculously random death of start and search buttons on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Final straw, just booted up and logged in and it's DOA immediately, didn't work once. I have followed advice already on here and other places, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Badfinger, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Badfinger Win User

Ridiculously random death of start and search buttons on taskbar

Final straw, just booted up and logged in and it's DOA immediately, didn't work once.

I have followed advice already on here and other places, and none of it works.

I'm thinking 3rd party app, anyone know one that works 100%?

It's my final Windows 10 Pro issue after a fresh install.

TIA!

:)

Badfinger, Dec 20, 2017

2. Search Windows (Windows 10) Not Working

The search function has disappeared from task mgr too.

Search does not work in folder view but does work if I right click on Start button. This is ridiculous.

IanGardener, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Search box missing from start menu in Windows 10

With my version of Windows 10...

Right click a free area of the Taskbar

Left Click on Taskbar settings

Under use small Taskbar buttons, slid that to the left which turned it off.

Now Search is just to the right of the Start button, but on the taskbar

Robert_2018, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Badfinger Win User

I am going with Classic Shell, I still wonder what's up with the Start Menu and already made anything I really need access to available without it, a fun exercise.

Microsoft didn't want the button to stay so perhaps this is the result of a weak effort on the in-house end.

Badfinger, Dec 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Ridiculously random death of start and search buttons on taskbar - Similar Threads - Ridiculously random death

2. Start button, search and calendar in the taskbar doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start button, search and calendar in the taskbar doesn't respond: It happened to me today. Apparently one of my friends has same issue. submitted by /u/thracia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zmqj40/start_button_search_and_calendar_in_the_taskbar/
  3. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working: Hello,A couple of months ago, the start button on my desktop stopped working. Search, whether it be from the taskbar or file explorer, doesn't work either. Same thing with the icons at the right end of the taskbar clock, notifications, speaker volume. Clicking on them does...
  4. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working: Hello,A couple of months ago, the start button on my desktop stopped working. Search, whether it be from the taskbar or file explorer, doesn't work either. Same thing with the icons at the right end of the taskbar clock, notifications, speaker volume. Clicking on them does...
  5. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  7. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  8. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  10. Taskbar search button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar search button: How do I add the search button to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-button/ad27bc58-320c-4371-b764-3d65df762d8d