Windows 10: right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file

Discus and support right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey so When I move a file, and then click right another file, the right click menu will cancel, and I'll have to right click the file again. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rEEEEleaseMEE, Sep 30, 2017.

1. right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file

Hey so

When I move a file, and then click right another file, the right click menu will cancel, and I'll have to right click the file again. Is there any way to solve this?

:)

rEEEEleaseMEE, Sep 30, 2017
  2. astaffo Win User

If I try to open file explorer or right click hard drive usage goes to 100% and causes my laptop to run freakishly slow.

I have solved the problem myself, i bit the bullet and clean reinstalled windows 10 and formatted the drive windows was installed on before re installation. Everything is working fine thanks for all replies

astaffo, Sep 30, 2017
  3. astaffo Win User
    If I try to open file explorer or right click hard drive usage goes to 100% and causes my laptop to run freakishly slow.

yes windows is up to date and the problem still is present

astaffo, Sep 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file

This does not sound a familiar symptom.
    The usual way to diagnose context menu issues is to disable shell extensions you've added and try to identify which may be responsible.

Free tools such as
    shellmenuview
    shellexview
    glary utilities context menu manager

can help.

Never disable Microsoft extensions- the first two utilities can hide them for you.
    There's no need to log off after disabling them.

It's a process of elimination.

Also check whether this happens if you create a new user for test purposes. If not it's something specific to your user and your user's configuration. If it does, it may be a Windows problem.

You can also check in Safe Mode and after a clean boot.

dalchina, Sep 30, 2017
Thema:

right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file

1. right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file - Similar Threads - right click cancels

2. Right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click: HiWhy in my download folder when I right click to delete something takes so long to open for the option to delete 3 MIN ?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click/c7d568e3-439a-4ba3-a026-1cd9aba8fc42
  3. Right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click: HiWhy in my download folder when I right click to delete something takes so long to open for the option to delete 3 MIN ?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click/c7d568e3-439a-4ba3-a026-1cd9aba8fc42
  4. Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click: I am finding it complicated to download images from the internet to use for a picture quiz. When i find an image i want i cant right click to save to folder for recall when creating the quiz sheet. I cant right click on home screen and create a new folder for images, i cant...
  5. Right Click

Right Click: I am finding it complicated to download images from the internet to use for a picture quiz. When i find an image i want i cant right click to save to folder for recall when creating the quiz sheet. I cant right click on home screen and create a new folder for images, i cant...
  6. RIGHT CLICK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RIGHT CLICK: Why when i try right click on the desktop to delete a icon takes so long for right-click to open about 2min to delete function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click/afd5e5ff-77d3-4321-b83d-ecb1ae1eac80
  7. Right Click

Right Click: Hello, I had downloaded 8GadjetPack and removed it as I din't like it but it left to remove a regedit entery behind which is now troubling me as when I reight click this happens [ATTACH] The Gadjets thing is troubling help please!...
  8. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....
  9. Right Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click: Right clicking in a window or desktop opens (through New dropdown menu item) the possibillity to create a new folder or new Text Document. Lately this takes longer than usual (I think, but am not sure, after a Windows update). Not a big deal, rather a nuisance, but I am...
  10. Right Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click: I have just had Windows 10 installed and I notice that now I cannot right click and create a shortcut to a site I am on my screen .If I right click now a small square comes up with Select all,Print, inspect element, view source*Sad 64078