Windows 10: right click context menu customize question ** see attachment **

Discus and support right click context menu customize question ** see attachment ** in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; common a big company like microsoft it´s cant make any option more viable to change and personalize a symple option like that.. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by makiraper, Apr 5, 2018.

1. makiraper Win User

right click context menu customize question ** see attachment **

common a big company like microsoft it´s cant make any option more viable to change and personalize a symple option like that..

makiraper, Apr 5, 2018
  2. stevie Win User

Hi Guys,

i have attached a ATTACHMENT of what ive been editing to make it clearer...

when i right click a picture of any kind i was able to add a "icon" near Edit with paint and a "icon" near Print and a icon for "notepad" (txt) files....

I would like to add a icon near Edit with Photos but i cant seem to find the registry key for it.

i've tried looking everywhere, most of the edits come from here HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations but as for Edit with Photos i cant seem to find where to add the Icon String line....

please see attachment..
    thank you !!

right click context menu customize question ** see attachment ** [​IMG]

:)

stevie, Apr 11, 2018
  3. GeeZany Win User
    Mouse scrolling within a long right click context menu.

From attached image, it can be observed from the arrows that there are more options that are 'hidden' in the right click context menu.

Clicking on the arrow works, but is there a way to scroll using a mouse to see the 'hidden' options ?

right click context menu customize question ** see attachment ** [​IMG]

GeeZany, Apr 11, 2018
  4. right click context menu customize question ** see attachment **

Right Click Context Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please follow the methods below and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs or not. If not, I would suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Boot the computer to Safe Mode. In Safe Mode computer starts
    with minimal set of drivers and files.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform SFC (System File Checker) Scan from Safe Mode and check if it helps. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and replace them.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Hope this helps.

If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 11, 2018
  6. stevie Win User
    wow that was fast and it WORKED lol...amazing right click context menu customize question ** see attachment ** :).....hey do you know where the ico icon for the photos app is located? and is their a way to edit set as desktopbackground. the text and icon...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

stevie, Apr 11, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Unfortunately, apps use a .png file for their icon instead of an .ico. You could use the one below if you like.

*Arrow Photos.ico

"Set as desktop background" is located in the keys below.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.bmp\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.dib\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.gif\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.jfif\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.jpe\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.jpeg\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.jpg\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.png\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.tif\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.tiff\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.wdp\Shell\setdesktopwallpaper

*Arrow Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Apr 11, 2018
  8. stevie Win User

Thanks !! is their a way to edit the text of Set as desktop backround?
    and the icon doesnt seem to work for set as desktop background...

stevie, Apr 11, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome.

You can add a MUIVerb string value at each key location above, and modify its value with the text you want to see instead.

Brink, Apr 11, 2018
  10. stevie Win User
    Thanks again, hey one last question, u can tell me to stop if I’m annoying lol...
    when I right click a .reg file the option edit is their, How do I edit the name and icon?

stevie, Apr 11, 2018
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No problem.

You can add a MUIVerb string value to the key location below, and modify its value with the text you want.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\edit

Brink, Apr 11, 2018
  12. stevie Win User
    Hey Brink, I have a question about toolbars, I don’t want to break any rules, can I ask you here?

stevie, Apr 11, 2018
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sure, but it would be best to create a new thread for a different issue instead so this one stays on topic. *Smile

Brink, Apr 11, 2018
  14. stevie Win User
    For “view” “sort by” “refresh” and “new” what are the registry keys? *Wink
    thanks again !

stevie, Apr 12, 2018
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

1. right click context menu customize question ** see attachment ** - Similar Threads - right click context

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  5. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  6. Right click New context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click New context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  7. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  8. Right Click Context Menu Glitch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Context Menu Glitch: If I Right Click in File Explorer or on Desktop and hover over "New," The Menu Freezes as does file explorer and will hang for around 30 seconds to one minute. Very Frustrating and hope it can be fixed!...
  9. Right Click context menu sloooow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Click context menu sloooow: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS on my self built system. It's been working great for years but recently I have notice when right clicking on any file in File Explorer or on the desktop it takes up to 30 seconds for the context menu to appear. I have read other posts about...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...