Windows 10: Right click doesn't work on touchpad

Discus and support Right click doesn't work on touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP 15-ay083TU laptop with Windows 10.The right click button on my touchpad has suddenly stopped working.I checked the synaptics touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ruchi98, Jan 2, 2017.

1. ruchi98 Win User

Right click doesn't work on touchpad

I have a HP 15-ay083TU laptop with Windows 10.The right click button on my touchpad has suddenly stopped working.I checked the synaptics touchpad settings and the two finger scrolling feature is enabled.

:)

ruchi98, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Jeg1 Win User

right click on touchpad not working

My right click button on my touchpad not longer works so therefore I can't open or close anything. All the online forums suggest I change mouse settings etc but how do I do that if I can even open the control panel/device manager etc? I cannot really use
    my laptop at all and I'm currently using my work PC. Left click works find. Plugging a mouse in doesn't work either.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jeg1, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Action Center keeps popping up

I've done changing the touchpad setting but doesn't work. Even I disabled the touchpad still popping up every time I touch though the mouse, right click and left click is not working.

Rolly Selga Bantan, Jan 2, 2017
  4. Right click doesn't work on touchpad

Welcome to the TenForums

First off create a restore point.

Within the settings for Synaptics, at least on mine, there is a restore all defaults, have you tried this. To isolate it is a Touchpad issue, and not something in Windows, do you have access to a mouse. Do right clicks work on a mouse?

If you go to device manager and find your device and look at driver, is the Roll Back driver greyed out. If so you can't roll back but if it is enabled you might want to try rolling back.

Caledon Ken, Jan 2, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums!

I have a Toshiba laptop with a Synaptics touchpad. Once in a blue moon mine stops working too (though for me it's usually the mouse movement that stops). Sometimes even a Restart won't get it back again. What works for me is to shut down the laptop and remove the battery. Wait for a minute for the hardware to forget all its settings then put the battery back in and restart.

If that doesn't work for you, then it may be a genuine hardware fault on your right button. As you appear to have multi-finger gestures available, an alternative way to get a 'right-click' is a two-fingered tap.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Right click doesn't work on touchpad

1. Right click doesn't work on touchpad - Similar Threads - Right click doesn't

2. touchpad right click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad right click not working: right click on laptop touch will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-right-click-not-working/97996515-83c6-46ce-843d-2796f7ff2889
  3. touchpad right click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad right click not working: right click on laptop touch will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-right-click-not-working/97996515-83c6-46ce-843d-2796f7ff2889
  4. touchpad right click not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad right click not working correctly: after i was forced to update my laptop from 1809 to 21h1 i incountered some issues like a windows hello issue but that is in another topic this question is after i updated my touchpad started to act up my right click isnit working correctly i have to tap mulitple times for...
  5. touchpad right click not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad right click not working correctly: after i was forced to update my laptop from 1809 to 21h1 i incountered some issues like a windows hello issue but that is in another topic this question is after i updated my touchpad started to act up my right click isnit working correctly i have to tap mulitple times for...
  6. touchpad right click not working correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Touchpad Right-click not working.

Touchpad Right-click not working.: On my Dell Inspiron 15 5580 suddenly one day i switched my laptop On, for Refreshing I right clicked and it was'nt working anymore dont know if it changed settings on its own or what. Right-click works by clicking with two fingers as of now. for viewing properties, etc. in...
  8. Touchpad scrolling and right click not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad scrolling and right click not working: I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and in Windows 10 my right click and scroll don’t work at all but they work when I boot into Mac OS. My volume shortcuts (f11 and f12) also don’t work but I can control them manually. Any solutions? (I have already reset it and no change has...
  9. Right click doesn't work

Right click doesn't work: I have a Microsoft HP Envy and the right click on the touchpad stopped working all of a sudden. Maybe the updates had something to do with it? I don't know how to fix it. The left click works fine....
  10. right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work

right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work: would be great if the right click on my synaptic touchpad worked. Was fine until I moved from win7 to win 10. 41118