Windows 10: Right Click does't work on Touchpad (Synaptics)

Discus and support Right Click does't work on Touchpad (Synaptics) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 and have discovered a problem that I can't seem to fix. When I Right-click on my Touchpad, nothing happens. This was very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cody21, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Cody21 Win User

Right Click does't work on Touchpad (Synaptics)

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and have discovered a problem that I can't seem to fix. When I Right-click on my Touchpad, nothing happens. This was very useful when I need to fix a word spelling & get options for the misspelled word.

I have an HP Pavilion using Synaptics Touchpad.

Any ideas ???

:)

Cody21, Sep 29, 2015
  2. motorko Win User

Disable two-finger tap to right click Windows 10

1. No, it doesnt have extra gestures. Normally, without Synaptic I cant even scroll with touchpad (not with two fingers or with one finger on the side) because Win 10 only installs some basic driver (and the mouse lags when using default driver, like if
    mouse pointer was running at 15 frames per second).

2. Lower right corner does nothing.

3. Just found out that if I disable touch to left click in Synaptics, it also disables two finger touch to right click - but I dont want to click with hardware keys below my touchpad.

So again the question is - disabling two-finger touch to right click without disabling other stuff..

Also tried newer Synaptics driver that had option to disable/enable two-finger right click, but that version of Synaptics driver
    shows in Synaptics settings my touchpad, but doesnt recognize for some reason that Im touching my touchpad or clicking hardware buttons at all, its like if touchpad worked on default driver (no scrolling etc...) but Synapticsdid recognize it.

motorko, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Problem with Synaptics touchpad drivers on windows 10

Scrolling works intermittently. I have noticed that there seems a conflict between scrolling a right clicking with the Synaptics driver lately. If I have touchpad driver enabled I can scroll. But the right click will not work. But if it is disabled I
    can cannot scroll, but the right click button will work.

Randall Shimizu, Sep 29, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you mean the touch pad button (I presume you have one) or the double tap right click option?
    And can you confirm the obvious, that rt click with a mouse works?

dalchina, Sep 29, 2015
  5. Cody21 Win User
    Yes, the TouchPad button ... there are 2 - a Left & a Right ... the LEFT one works fine. If I change the setting to use Right button as Primary, that works fine... But what I need back is the Left & Right working at same time. For the life of me I can't find a setting to control BOTH buttons. I don't have a Mouse, only the Touchpad ... and it was working just fine until this upgrade.

Cody21, Sep 29, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, now that's clear. Thanks.
    This is what I see via the control panel:

Right Click does't work on Touchpad (Synaptics) [​IMG]

Can you see those or similar options?

dalchina, Sep 29, 2015
  7. Cody21 Win User
    Where are you getting to THAT Control Panel under Windows 10 ??? I don't see NAY of that under Mouse Properties in this new release.

Cody21, Sep 29, 2015
  8. Cody21 Win User

OK, I found how to get to THAT Control Panel ... (not having a Right-Click button working, duh) ... But the Control anel for my Synaptics looks nothing like yours ... Mine is Synaptics Clickpad V7.5 ... and doesn't look anything like yours. ugh.

Cody21, Sep 29, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    Right Click does't work on Touchpad (Synaptics) [​IMG]

Hi, that's the driver I have- for my HP G60 214EM.
    I upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro.
    Did you ever have the options you need- before you upgraded?
    I guess there's a chance you could use an older driver if that helped, but you would be better to check the option exists. Maybe try your laptop manufacturer's forum to check.

dalchina, Sep 29, 2015
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 29, 2015
  11. Cody21 Win User
    OK, I finally found the issue... There is a separate screen addrsssing "CLICKING" that I had improperly set the "2 finger" option. I actually disabled that because I never used it ... In doing so it turns OFF the ability to click on the Right button ... stupid ... and not very evident...

Thanks !!

Cody21, Sep 29, 2015
  12. swhite Win User
    a

Same exact issue. Driver update turned on the 2 finger option which made the right click stop working. Was driving me insane. Thanks.

swhite, Feb 19, 2016
  13. debbiec Win User

I'm having a similar problem with the same touchpad. I can get a menu from a right click (left click is my primary click) but on a right click I can't get the pull down menu that allows me to rename, delete a file or the other options I am used to in windows. Any suggestions?

debbiec, Mar 22, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Interesting.
    Another new "stuff" to learn.

davidhk, Mar 22, 2016
  15. bubbah Win User
    codt21 you now qualify as a life saver !!

bubbah, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Right Click does't work on Touchpad (Synaptics) - Similar Threads - Right Click does't

2. touchpad right click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad right click not working: right click on laptop touch will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-right-click-not-working/97996515-83c6-46ce-843d-2796f7ff2889
  3. touchpad right click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad right click not working: right click on laptop touch will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-right-click-not-working/97996515-83c6-46ce-843d-2796f7ff2889
  4. touchpad right click not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad right click not working correctly: after i was forced to update my laptop from 1809 to 21h1 i incountered some issues like a windows hello issue but that is in another topic this question is after i updated my touchpad started to act up my right click isnit working correctly i have to tap mulitple times for...
  5. Touchpad Right-click not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Right-click not working.: On my Dell Inspiron 15 5580 suddenly one day i switched my laptop On, for Refreshing I right clicked and it was'nt working anymore dont know if it changed settings on its own or what. Right-click works by clicking with two fingers as of now. for viewing properties, etc. in...
  6. Touchpad scrolling and right click not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad scrolling and right click not working: I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and in Windows 10 my right click and scroll don’t work at all but they work when I boot into Mac OS. My volume shortcuts (f11 and f12) also don’t work but I can control them manually. Any solutions? (I have already reset it and no change has...
  7. SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING: Hello, i am going insane with this laptop, it's only 13months old and already had the hard drive replaced about 6 weeks ago, i am having trouble with the synaptics touchpad, the whole thing keeps disappearing so i can't scroll, when it does appear after start up i have to go...
  8. synaptics - Two finger click to right click not working

synaptics - Two finger click to right click not working: Hi, I have synaptics touchpad installed and even though two finger click is enabled in the synaptics control panel, it still does not allow me to. It seems it is only that gesture that's not working as two finger scroll works, so does all 3 finger and 4 finger gestures....
  9. right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work

right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work: would be great if the right click on my synaptic touchpad worked. Was fine until I moved from win7 to win 10. 41118
  10. Right click doesn't work on touchpad

Right click doesn't work on touchpad: I have a HP 15-ay083TU laptop with Windows 10.The right click button on my touchpad has suddenly stopped working.I checked the synaptics touchpad settings and the two finger scrolling feature is enabled. 73935

Users found this page by searching for:

1. left and right click doest work windows 10

2. touchpad works all fine as per options but cant tap

3. right click also works as left click on touchpad after syanptics update

4. windows 10 tap to click synaptics touchpad not working,
  5. synaptics right click not working,
  6. synaptics touchpad right button doesnt work,
  7. synaptic luxpad v7.4 buttons arent workinng,
  8. dont work right click touchpad synaptics