Windows 10: Right-click has stopped working

Discus and support Right-click has stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently had to open Disk Management and tried to do this using right-click on the Windows symbol and selecting that option. Nothing happened. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tallonius, May 15, 2018.

1. tallonius Win User

Right-click has stopped working

I recently had to open Disk Management and tried to do this using right-click on the Windows symbol and selecting that option. Nothing happened.

I found another way to do it, but have now noticed that other right-click issues are happening, eg I recently tried to run several programs as Admin by right-clicking but nothing happens.

I am the only user and I'm setup as an Administrator, so this should not be happening.

Tried to run sfc.exe /scannow in a CMD window to check for integrity violations but it refuses and tells me I need to be an Admnistrator.

So, I tried to open a CMD window as Administrator by right-clicking the Command Prompt and clicking Run as Administrator option - nothing happens.

So I'm now going round in a vicious Win10 circle. WTF?

Nothing major has happened to my PC except Win10 upgrades so I suspect that's the culprit, but does anyone know what I can do about this?

Thanks.

:)

tallonius, May 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Right Click not working

I have a Lenovo u310 and the right-click stopped working after a while.

Previously, I had customized the touchpad to not support advanced finger methods and disable palm detection due to sensitivity issues. Right-click worked for months ok.

Suddenly, right-click stopped working.

RESOLUTION:

• Control Panel
    • Mouse
    • Device Settings
    • Settings
    • Synaptics Control Panel (in my case)
    • Restore Default Settings

Right-click immediately started working again.

So, goto Mouse and restore touchpad settings. One of the options was 1-finger click page which enables "context" clicking aka: right-click

Eric L. Edberg

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Eric Edberg, May 15, 2018
  3. Right click problems on windows 10

I have a Lenovo u310 and the right-click topped working after a while.

Previously, I had customized the touchpad to not support advanced finger methods and disable palm detection due to sensitivity issues. Right-click worked for a months ok.

Suddenly, right-click stopped working.

RESOLUTION:

• Control Panel
    • Mouse
    • Device Settings
    • Settings
    • Synaptics Control Panel (in my case)
    • Restore Default Settings

Right-click immediately started working again.

So, goto Mouse and restore settings, especially if you have a touchpad with advanced features.

Eric L. Edberg

Eric Edberg, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Right-click has stopped working

1. Right-click has stopped working - Similar Threads - Right click has

2. Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working: Laptop Lenovo Thinkbook 16P , Less than 1 year oldThe Original OS was Windows 11Pro --> Right click was working OKThe Current OS is Windows 10 Pro v 22H2 built 19045.2846 Down gradedA few days ago the Right click stopped functioning.What I did :* Uninstalled & Reinstalled the...
  3. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  4. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  5. Wifi stops working on file right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi stops working on file right click: So at first I was confused why my wifi drops out for no reason since I had a smb share and the smb share so what I did was remove the smb share and it was still happening. And I just realised that if I right click on a file anywhere on the C:\ drive on a usb drive or even on...
  6. Left and Right click randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and Right click randomly stop working: Since a few days ago my left and right click buttons randomly stop working. I have a Genesis Xenon 770 and when ever this happens the RGB lights freeze but I can still move my cursor around the screen only I can't use any buttons. Any ideas? The only workaround is to reach...
  7. right click stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click stopped working: After updating to the new Windows Update, my touchpad's right click stopped working. The left click is also not very responsive. I have restarted my computer several times, tried to troubleshoot Windows Update and the HID-compliant mouse. Also, after updating, the...
  8. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  9. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  10. Right Click for Photos has quit working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click for Photos has quit working.: Suddenly, when I right click a picture file (best I can tell it's any kind of picture file except RAW files) it doesn't show the Context Menu instead it just throws me to the Desktop. I use the Properties>Details a lot. Anybody know how to fix this? 64131

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Could print page now it has stopped using right click