Windows 10: Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document

Discus and support Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded two computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I just noticed today that a right click in a folder does not have anything other than New Folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eddyq, Dec 1, 2015.

1. eddyq Win User

Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document

I upgraded two computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I just noticed today that a right click in a folder does not have anything other than New Folder under New. Windows 7 had several choices (Folder,Shortcut,Rich Text Document, Text Document, Wave Sound and more).

My wife's W8 works properly and a W7 VM works properly.

Does anyone know what is going on?

:)

eddyq, Dec 1, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

Cut & paste requires Administrator privileges

If you go to the document in File Explorer, right click it and select properties. It will show the attributes of the file. What folder are the files in ? While in File Explorer can you create a simple text file. Right click in a blank area of the folder
    and select New > Text Document. If it fails then you don't have the right privilege to write to that folder. (do this in the folder you are trying to copy or move to)

neilpzz, Dec 1, 2015
  3. How to add new file type ics

Make sure Explorer is set to show file extensions.

Create an empty file by right-clicking on the Desktop or in a folder and choose
    New -> Text Document.

It will be created with the name selected for editing. Replace txt with your desired extension and then use right-click ->
    Open with to associate the file with an App.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Dec 1, 2015
  4. Force01 Win User

Force01, Dec 1, 2015
  5. didn't work for me ... please help me

screenshot :

Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document [​IMG]

Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document [​IMG]

hacker15987, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document - Similar Threads - Right click folder

2. "New folder" option not showing up in right click menu!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New folder" option not showing up in right click menu!: So uh everything was fine just few days ago and suddenly today I have come across this problem where I can't create a new folder... I tried creating a folder in desktop using the right click menu and even tried it in the file explorer and the "New" Menu is there but the...
  3. "New folder" option not showing up in right click menu!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "New folder" option not showing up in right click menu!: So uh everything was fine just few days ago and suddenly today I have come across this problem where I can't create a new folder... I tried creating a folder in desktop using the right click menu and even tried it in the file explorer and the "New" Menu is there but the...
  4. Text right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text right click: Hi, I need to know how toedit texts when you right click in desktop... Like edit 'copy' with 'explode' or something like that with regedit idk... If I can't, however, where is the place where Windows 10 saves this scripts? I mean, the scripts with the default texts of...
  5. new folder and new text document option missing in right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    new folder and new text document option missing in right click menu: I cannot find the option to create a new folder as well as a new text document , I tried all those registry stuff but nothing works [ATTACH]...
  6. Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop: Hello Earlier I was able to get a Text Document on my desktop but now I cannot So earlier I used to follow these steps to get Text Document on my desktop Step 1 : Right click on desktop Step 2 : Cursor or mouse on New which has a arrow and then a menu pops out which...
  7. cant right click mouse to create new folder, document, etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant right click mouse to create new folder, document, etc: When I right click the mouse on the desktop or in any folder it shows the busy circular pointer icon and then it just disappears as does the folder I was in. When my cursor hovers over the world "new" it highlights it but then the busy icon shows up and there is no box...
  8. How to add or move New Text Document to the right click main context ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add or move New Text Document to the right click main context ?: So I can easily create "New Text Document" with the result of picture 2. Then I can type new name immediatly. PS: I don't want any shortcut or hot key Thanks in advance [img] 139167
  9. Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.: I am using a Beelink BT3-Pro, 4GB Ram, 64GB Rom. Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.195 As the title says, I am unable to get a new folder on my desktop. Nothing happens. Suggestions ? Thank you. 124712
  10. Right click in Refresh does not show "New" Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click in Refresh does not show "New" Options: Right click in folder does not show "New" Optinos When I go there (Right Click> #New Options), my computer hangs up and the file explorer restart automatically. Please help me Heres screenshot link: 1. https://image.ibb.co/cQjfGR/images.jpg 2....