Windows 10: Right-click in Windows 10 taskbar not working for 1 program (Acrobat)

Discus and support Right-click in Windows 10 taskbar not working for 1 program (Acrobat) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Windows 10, right-clicking on the Adobe Acrobat X Pro icon in the taskbar stopped working. Right-clicking other program icons continues to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jember, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Jember Win User

Right-click in Windows 10 taskbar not working for 1 program (Acrobat)

Using Windows 10, right-clicking on the Adobe Acrobat X Pro icon in the taskbar stopped working. Right-clicking other program icons continues to work fine, including other Adobe programs. Right clicking on Acrobat X worked fine before yesterday. I used the "Repair Acrobat Installation" button in Acrobat, nothing changed. I updated Windows 10, nothing changed. I restarted the computer several times, nothing changed. It appears something is happening when I right click because for the tiniest split second my screen displays the churning blue wheel as if it were trying to access some file, but then nothing happens. Other than this right click issue, Adobe seems to be working fine. In fact, I don't think it's an Adobe problem at all, but instead Windows trying to access some file that's missing.

Anyone know what might be causing this? Is it an Adobe problem or a Windows problem? What action does right-clicking trigger? Is Windows looking for some missing file?

:)

Jember, Apr 19, 2016

2. Taskbar left click and right click not working

Hi Regors,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

This issue might have caused due to third party applications.

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Safe mode loads only minimal set of drivers and applications in which you may check if the issue persists.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode

Method 2: Put the computer into
    clean boot state and check if it helps.

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run
    a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Note: Sign out from the current user account and login to admin account and
    install all the pending updates.

Keep us informed for any further queries. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 19, 2016
  3. Taskbar left click and right click not working

Hi Jeff,

Glad to know your issue is resolved. We appreciate the time and effort spent in resolving the issue on your own.

Write to us for further assistance on any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 19, 2016
  4. Jember Win User

After trying about 20 more things that didn't work, I finally solved it by doing this:
    1. I unpinned Acrobat from the taskbar.
    2. Then, I placed a PDF file on my desktop (a filetype that automatically opens with Acrobat).
    3. Then, while Acrobat was NOT open, and not pinned to taskbar, I dragged the PDF file from the desktop to the taskbar. Doing this caused Windows to recognize Acrobat as a new program to pin to the taskbar and with that, the right-click function was also restored.

Jember, Apr 19, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    *Smile Thanks for letting us know- neat.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right-click in Windows 10 taskbar not working for 1 program (Acrobat) - Similar Threads - Right click taskbar

2. Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working: The taskbar icons when I right click won’t work since I recently uninstalled the latest update and did a restore point but didn’t show anything when I right click them, I even tried restarting it but nothing. Can someone help me?...
  3. Weird bug - Right click on program taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird bug - Right click on program taskbar.: As anyone seen this bug yet? It's driving me nuts. I can't seem to pinpoint when it started happening. submitted by /u/Tharockus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/y6biw5/weird_bug_right_click_on_program_taskbar/
  4. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  5. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  6. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Right click on taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right click on taskbar icons not working: After windows 2004 update and some other updates right click on taskbar icons not working. I tried several solutions with powershell or with repair install but no luck. I am trying to avoid clean install, I think that the problem is coming with some cumulative. Any solution...
  8. Right-Click not working in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-Click not working in Taskbar: Welcome to another episode of "The Computer Illiterate Electrical Engineer"... Running W10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) on a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6086. I just noticed the right click button on my touchpad will not allow me to access menus for taskbar icons. I just...
  9. Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen: [ATTACH] Issue: When I click the right 1/5th part of the screen, only a greyed out Copy box appears instead of the regular right click menu. if there are any windows in that section, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons cannot be clicked. I have to drag the window out...
  10. "Recent" right click programs in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Recent" right click programs in taskbar: Hello! My issue is that usually when you right click for example Steam or Chrome it shows you recently played games/recently opened websites you've been onto... once again, my Windows 10 have stopped doing that, and I don't even know why. 47648