Windows 10: Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme

Discus and support Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] How can I get rid of this horible white border? Thanks! - Shawn 27502 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by astrofalcon, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme

Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme [​IMG]

How can I get rid of this horible white border?

Thanks!

- Shawn

:)

astrofalcon, Oct 23, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

After Upgrading to The Anniversary all modern apps icons are white

Go Settings. Personalization, Themes and click on another theme that is not in the High Contrast Themes area.

You are probably in High Contrast White.

lacrumb, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Tymme Win User
    Notification area borders with High Contrast

I have High Contrast turned on in Windows 10 (white text, black window background).

The notification area has very ugly lines separating each item:

Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme [​IMG]

Is it possible (probably via registry tweak) to ger rid of these in High Contrast mode? I have tried changing BorderWidth and PaddedBorderWidth in the registry ( HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics ) but that doesn't influence this behavior at all.

If it's not possible, what about any themes that are not high contrast but offer white text and black background windows?

Tymme, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme

Appears that's just part of the high contrast themes, I get it too.

fracking4oil, Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme

1. Right Click menu White ugly border! Windows 10 High Contrast Theme - Similar Threads - Right Click menu

2. White borders around Right Click Menus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    White borders around Right Click Menus in Windows 10: Can anyone help me with this annoying white border around every right click menu & some other places too like sound menu ? This looks very weird in dark mode. Changing user in the PC is solving the problem, but I want to keep remain in the same user, as its very time taking...
  3. Remove the white 1px border in high contrast mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove the white 1px border in high contrast mode?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ayy_-_lmao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnvpsr/remove_the_white_1px_border_in_high_contrast_mode/
  4. High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?: Can I set Office programs to high contrast individually without setting my entire system to high contrast? I have an OLED display, so I'm looking for as much black as possible and high contrast is perfect. submitted by /u/normiewageslave [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 stuck on High Contrast #1 Theme

Windows 10 stuck on High Contrast #1 Theme: Windows 10 version 1803 always boots up with the High Contrast #1 Theme set? *Shock note 1:Themes were working fine up to the version 1709 update? *chuckle note 2: I was forced to re-install after a crashed disk and again themes worked fine up until version 1709. This is a...
  6. White boxes in black High Contrast theme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White boxes in black High Contrast theme: Dear Microsoft I have been patiently waiting for this issue to be fixed for years (ever since Windows 8) but you have not fixed it, and I am tired of waiting. Maybe this is not a big deal for those, who use the standard white windows theme, but for those of us who have eye...
  7. Don't see right click menu in open/save dialogs while in contrast theme?

Don't see right click menu in open/save dialogs while in contrast theme?: In many programs I see a weird vertical bar with small triangles instead of right click menu. It works fine in default theme but with every contrast one it 's broken. I cant switch sortings or get rid of annoying file grouping. It works just fine in default theme but...
  8. High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10

High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10: I have made a brief outline on how to apply high contrast themes in W8.1 and W10. In W7 the technique is different. High contrast is a big advantage for those like me who have a reduced vision. The outline is at my One Drive. Because of the setup I chose, it would have...
  9. High Contrast Theme Problem

High Contrast Theme Problem: After about 4 weeks of windows 10 I'm still dealing with visual clarity issues. I have bad eyesight, so I'm forced to use high contrast themes. If I use a regular 10 themes, type fonts are very grey and I cannot adjust the brightness or contrast to my liking. I've tried...
  10. High Contrast Theme Font Change

High Contrast Theme Font Change: I have to use HC themes because normal windows 10 themes are washed out and light grey text for me. The problem is I cannot change the font size, which is 9 point size for everything. I was think 10 point. A reboot does not help. Is it because of the HC theme ro...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click menu white