Windows 10: Right Click Mouse Select All Files Gone

Discus and support Right Click Mouse Select All Files Gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I switched from Vista to 10. I am very happy with Win10. Except this is driving me nutcakes: I used to be able to right click on the space in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jem, Aug 24, 2016.

1. JEM
    Jem Win User

Right Click Mouse Select All Files Gone

I switched from Vista to 10. I am very happy with Win10. Except this is driving me nutcakes:

I used to be able to right click on the space in a folder and choose from the pop menu "select all." It is an instant grab of every file in that folder. I have done file selection this way for years till it is ingrained in my essence; a habitual finger mouse jerk I cannot stop myself from doing. Yet now I have to tediously pick each file holding Ctrl/Shift method or slowly box them with the mouse. Right click and "select all" was much quicker!

Is there a hidden option somewhere that would get "select all" back for me?

:)

2. SaMzo197 Win User

right click in mouse resets and closes all explorer and brings back to desktop

whenever I right click the destop resets back and all folder or explorers open shuts automatically.....im not able to use my mouse , not able to check properties only when I use folders

SaMzo197, Aug 24, 2016
  3. right click in mouse resets and closes all explorer and brings back to desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I will certainly help you.

Initially I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

If it does not appear in safe mode, place the computer in clean boot state to identify the culprit program running in the background creating this error.

Step 1: Safe Mode

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you’re using.

Refer the article below to start your computer in safe mode

Windows Startup settings (Including Safe Mode)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

If the problem does not exist in safe mode, try to perform a clean boot and check.

Step 2: Clean Boot.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

Above articles applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 24, 2016
  4. leelaw Win User

Or you can just use ctrl+a.

leelaw, Aug 24, 2016
  5. Sheltieuk Win User
    You can do it from the Home tab ribbon in Explorer: -

Right Click Mouse Select All Files Gone [​IMG]

Sheltieuk, Aug 24, 2016
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Right Click Mouse Select All Files Gone - Similar Threads - Right Click Mouse

2. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  3. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  4. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  5. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  6. Mouse left click issues, gone when right click is the primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click issues, gone when right click is the primary: Hi, Windows 10When I try to select something with left click it keeps failing. When I try to move a file with left click into other map then it fails.I switched the primary click to right button and now there is no problem!And it is not the mouse because I changed the mouse...
  7. Mouse left click issues, gone when right click is the primary

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse left click issues, gone when right click is the primary: Hi, Windows 10When I try to select something with left click it keeps failing. When I try to move a file with left click into other map then it fails.I switched the primary click to right button and now there is no problem!And it is not the mouse because I changed the mouse...
  8. Right mouse click

Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  9. Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click: The right click on my wireless Microsoft mouse does not work. Is there a setting I need to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-right-click/7aeebcf6-760f-4e8d-90d7-023c6e2400c6
  10. Right click box gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click box gone: When I right click a file to rename it I can only see the MacAfee symbol. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/right-click-box-gone/37ce3599-70fe-45aa-89a7-fa1b1e08eb46