Windows 10: Right click not working

Discus and support Right click not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upgraded to windows 10 yesterday. Right click not working since then anywhere. Request help. 11777 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hitanshu, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hitanshu Win User

Right click not working

Upgraded to windows 10 yesterday. Right click not working since then anywhere.

Request help.

:)

hitanshu, Aug 1, 2015

2. Left click not working and right click working

HI Milan,

You might have changed the primary mouse button settings from the Mouse settings page on Windows. To check the primary mouse button set on the PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Mouse & touchpad settings and select the top most search result.

• From the left side panel of the window, check if Select your primary button under Mouse is set to Left. If not, select Left from
      the dropdown bar.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Left click not working and right click working

Hi ,

I just got a windows update and my left click is not working , could you please advise what is the best solution to this.

The start button only works with the right click

Milan_perth, Aug 1, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Right click not working

If you have a dedicated video card, uninstall the driver and reboot ( let Windows install the driver).

brummyfan, Aug 1, 2015
  5. hitanshu Win User
    I don't have a dedicated video card

hitanshu, Aug 4, 2015
  6. hugouz Win User
    In the Mouse Properties
    I checked the "Switch primary and secondary buttons" and then unchecked it.

The right click started working after that.

hugouz, Aug 4, 2015
  7. maxczech Win User
    dang it how is this so screwed up I have tried every suggestion and still cant find solution

maxczech, Sep 12, 2015
  8. mikey Win User

Right click not working

I solved this after quite some hours of temper. It was simple in the end.
    Try this:
    1. Download CCleaner by Piriform (free) CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform
    2. Start CCleaner
    3. Then Tools (left hand menu)
    4. Then Context Menu (top right)
    5. This will populate and give you a list of shell.dll files
    6. I then disabled the file: BTMSentToExt (Intel Corporation)

If you don't have this file you can try disabling the ones you do have and seeing if it solves your right click issue.

Hope this helps you.

mikey, Dec 10, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    Mine right click issue was also caused by an Intel context menu item (igfxDTCM Module) but in my case it doesn't show up in CCleaner for some reason - I disabled it using ShellExView

Right click not working [​IMG]

You could try both as right click issues often do seem to be caused shell handlers. Just disable all the non-Microsoft ones and see if right click works and then turn them back on until you find the culprit.

EDIT Just noticed this is a pretty old thread.... Still it is interesting CCleaner and ShellExView show different items.

10. beverlx Win User
    Thank you. New W10 system in November 2017 and this solved my problem without additional downloads (though I am a fan of CCleaner as well). Tip of the hat.

beverlx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Right click not working

1. Right click not working - Similar Threads - Right click working

2. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  3. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  4. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right Click Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Not Working: I’m running windows through boot camp, and it only seems to have problems there. When I reset into my MacOS drive the problem isn’t there, someone please advise as I’ve already factory reset my system, updated and removed my drivers, and even tried the regedit and sfc/scannow...
  6. RIght click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RIght click not working: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.18362.997 Application Timestamp: 2419a7bd Fault Module Name: StackHash_3e9e Fault Module Version:...
  7. Right click not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not working: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, so I am on a learning curve. I am very frustrated that the right click does not work. I have researched a bit, and have tried to follow every tutorial I can find, starting with desktop mode and mouse works fine, but every tutorial has...
  8. right click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click not working: Hello.I have a severe problem using my mouse.Basicaly when I right click a lot of the times it wont respond.I have tested it everywhere-on the desktop,on icons,in the browser and it seems that the problem is occurring everywhere.What I have done so far is the following: -...
  9. Right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working: Hi Guys, I guess we need some help here. My girlfriend bought an ASUS with a Windows 10. She copied some photos and when she wants to do a right click, the whole system collapses. The screen goes blank, then it comes back after a second and everything is as if nothing has...
  10. right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    right click not working: I installed wind 10 in aug 2 days ago my right click in my icons on the bottom wont respond it works every where else I went to windows update and it says I last updated 7/15 but I put win 10 in on aug 30th? Im not sure if windows did something as far as I know I didnt and I...