Windows 10: Right click on desktop or files not working

Discus and support Right click on desktop or files not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looking for solution about my Right Click which suddenly not working anymore... 6428 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BuzzFuzz, May 28, 2015.

1. BuzzFuzz Win User

Right click on desktop or files not working

Looking for solution about my Right Click which suddenly not working anymore...

:)

BuzzFuzz, May 28, 2015
  2. thbsc40 Win User

right click on files slow or not working

windows 10 performed an update. Post update, if I right click on a file, it either does not work or can take up to 30 seconds for the options menu to appear, which has the effect of locking up the computer for that period of time. Nothing else was changed
    or added to the computer, just the update to windows. I have searched all resources and not found a fix.

thbsc40, May 28, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    right click on files slow or not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you facing this issue with specific file or all the files?

I suggest you to follow the method below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Improve the performance of the PC

Refer the link below to improve the performance of the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 28, 2015
  4. maxczech Win User

wow trolling this subject is no help there is no setting I can find

maxczech, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Tinkerdog Win User
    Mine has started having problems of not finishing completing the items in the Context Menu.... sometimes it has nothing in it... then next time some.... then next time complete............ weird....

Tinkerdog, Sep 12, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
Thema:

1. Right click on desktop or files not working - Similar Threads - Right click desktop

2. Right click on Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on Desktop not working: Everytime I press right click on my desktop, it makes the cursor start loading (turns in into the blue spinning ring) then just refreshes the desktop. Anyone know a solution? (still happens if I dont right click an application, and just the desktop itself). submitted by...
  3. Right click on desktop not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on desktop not working.: hi, I have noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop it gives me the loading symbol, aborts and then restarts and im not sure whats causing this, i looked into the problem scripts and found these were potential problems anyone able to help. Source Windows Explorer...
  4. Right Click on Desktop not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click on Desktop not working!: When I press right click on the desktop, the cursor goes into 'loading' mode and doesn't open the menu. However, elsewhere the right click works fine such as selecting files and viewing their properties inside the file manager, including on the desktop icons. Just not around...
  5. Desktop Right Click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  6. Desktop Right Click not working

Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  7. Desktop Right Click not working

8. Desktop Right Click not working

9. Right click on desktop not working

Right click on desktop not working: I just factory resetted my laptop and now when I right click on the desktop it only shows the loading icon but doesnt do anything, how can i fix it?...
  10. Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.: I have downloaded Windows 10 as I am sure you all have. When I right-click [on a .jpg] on the desktop it takes ages to bring-up the context menu and invariably does NOT RESPOND [so my task manager tells me]. How do I fix this? 16837