Windows 10: Right Click on Drive makes Menu disappear

Discus and support Right Click on Drive makes Menu disappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I go into File Explorer, navigate to any Drive, and right click on it, the File Explorer menu just disappears. Nothing else happens. No other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ppearce, Jan 27, 2016.

1. ppearce Win User

Right Click on Drive makes Menu disappear

If I go into File Explorer, navigate to any Drive, and right click on it, the File Explorer menu just disappears. Nothing else happens. No other apparent side effects, but I would like to be able to right click on a Drive to view Properties, etc. This has been happening for as long as I can remember.
    I am running genuine Windows 10. Everything else seems to work ok.
    Am I missing something simple?

:)

ppearce, Jan 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 Right click menu text disappear

I followed the steps, but the entries in the context menu are still missing.

Superseppl, Jan 27, 2016
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    Ratandeep, Jan 27, 2016
  4. Right Click on Drive makes Menu disappear

TairikuOkami, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

Right Click on Drive makes Menu disappear

1. Right Click on Drive makes Menu disappear - Similar Threads - Right Click Drive

2. Right Click Menu Unreadable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Menu Unreadable: Hi all, I rebooted one day and I got this: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I played around with personalisation but it remains as "white text on white background". A reboot does not fix it. Any ideas? Thanks....
  3. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  4. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  5. Right click Start Menu

Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  6. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  7. Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-Click Options Keep Disappearing: When I use the "Search the Web and Windows Box," and I search for an, let's say, World of Warcraft, and I right-click it to pull up the options, they always disappear in a second. I want to make a desktop icon, and I can't do that because I can't click "open file location."...
  8. Mouse right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse right click menu: I cannot activate the 'New' submenu to create New folders in Desktop,Explorer and existing folders. When I Mouse right click the menu opens up (View,Sort by,Refresh etc) when I move the cursor to 'New'(to open up the submenu to create a folder) the pointer changes to the...
  9. edit the right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    edit the right click menu: How do you change the context menu for web pages (.HTML, .HTM files) so when you right-click and select "Edit" the file is opened in another HTML editor (Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, etc....) rather then Microsoft Word? Thanks 64829
  10. Left click start menu makes desktop icon disappear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click start menu makes desktop icon disappear.: A customer brought me a machine with an issue I have never seen before. All desktop icons were gone and the only thing on the desktop is 3 lines in the upper left (opens an empty start menu), 3 lines in the lower left (opens all programs list) and the power button above that....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right clciking on drive in explorer menu disappears