Windows 10: Right click on explorer doesn't allow to traverse subdirectories

Discus and support Right click on explorer doesn't allow to traverse subdirectories in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a very specific question about the Windows 10. This started from recently, like in the last couple of months. Thus, I presume it might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MiddlestepBand, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Right click on explorer doesn't allow to traverse subdirectories

Hello,

I have a very specific question about the Windows 10. This started from recently, like in the last couple of months. Thus, I presume it might be an update that triggered this behavior and should be corrected.

Namely, when one right-clicks on the explorer, pinned at the bottom on the taskbar, a dialogue opens for quick-access of other directories. As you can note on the figure, it's absolutely impossible to left-click on any item and open the specific directory. Therefore, I'm forced to open the explorer manually with left-click, and then go to the given directory. This takes a lot of my time since I am working with many desktops and multiple monitors. It would be ultimately nice if it can be addressed in some following update.

Right click on explorer doesn't allow to traverse subdirectories [​IMG]

With kindest regards,

Bruno

:)

MiddlestepBand, Aug 13, 2018
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 13, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

Right click on explorer doesn't allow to traverse subdirectories

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Right click on explorer doesn't allow to traverse subdirectories

1. Right click on explorer doesn't allow to traverse subdirectories - Similar Threads - Right click explorer

2. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  3. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  4. explorer right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    explorer right click: I do not get a format option when I right click on CD driveDiskmanager, however, does have a format optionScandisk and DISM both run without finding any problemsc: cd \Windows/System32 Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup pause Dism /online /cleanup-Image...
  5. Windows Explorer right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer right click: If, in Windows Explorer, I right click on a file, to see the "Properties", I am presented instead with an ENORMOUS List of "facilities" that I NEVER use, but I have then to click the down arrow to get where I want.How can I -EITHERRemove most of these items from that menu...
  6. explorer crashes right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer crashes right click: File explorer shuts down randomly during file transfers, but more often after a right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-right-click/937d7dcf-f8c0-46e8-a8bd-a8a9f8c56f15
  7. Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.: Including any of the folders within the pinned sub-menu when right-click-accessing File Explorer. Left mouse click still works. Tried unpinning/pinning. Tried restarting Windows Explorer in Task Manager. Tried Running explorer.exe, and sfc scan shows no integrity...
  8. Right click doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click doesn't work: I have a Microsoft HP Envy and the right click on the touchpad stopped working all of a sudden. Maybe the updates had something to do with it? I don't know how to fix it. The left click works fine....
  9. Missing subdirectory in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing subdirectory in Explorer: I have a directory called CARS with four subdirectories called FORD, CHEVY, DODGE and VW. These are not the real names but I rename them for simplication. The VW directory contains several files. I have been using these files for over a year. Today the VW subdirectory is...
  10. Right click not working in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working in Explorer: Not sure when this issue came up, maybe a few days or longer, I just kept doing other things to get by. If on a webpage or desktop I can use the right click, but in explorer if I right click a folder it brings up the menu, then taskbar icons all flash, then quickly...