Windows 10: right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work

Discus and support right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; would be great if the right click on my synaptic touchpad worked. Was fine until I moved from win7 to win 10. 41118 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hwalker1, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Hwalker1 Win User

right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work

would be great if the right click on my synaptic touchpad worked. Was fine until I moved from win7 to win 10.

:)

Hwalker1, Feb 16, 2016
  2. motorko Win User

Disable two-finger tap to right click Windows 10

1. No, it doesnt have extra gestures. Normally, without Synaptic I cant even scroll with touchpad (not with two fingers or with one finger on the side) because Win 10 only installs some basic driver (and the mouse lags when using default driver, like if
    mouse pointer was running at 15 frames per second).

2. Lower right corner does nothing.

3. Just found out that if I disable touch to left click in Synaptics, it also disables two finger touch to right click - but I dont want to click with hardware keys below my touchpad.

So again the question is - disabling two-finger touch to right click without disabling other stuff..

Also tried newer Synaptics driver that had option to disable/enable two-finger right click, but that version of Synaptics driver
    shows in Synaptics settings my touchpad, but doesnt recognize for some reason that Im touching my touchpad or clicking hardware buttons at all, its like if touchpad worked on default driver (no scrolling etc...) but Synapticsdid recognize it.

motorko, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade - Regarding Drivers (Lenovo Z580)

For the touchpad the solution .

Step 1- Un-install the synaptics driver which is already installed.

Step 2- Restart.

Step 3- Download latest driver from Synaptics website.

Step 4- Download windows update hide/unhide utility for windows 10 (google it, hardly a 150kb file).

Step 5- Hide the "microsoft touchpad driver update" from the list.

Step 6- Now install the latest synaptics driver downloaded in step 3.

Problem solved!! .

For bluetooth - i have no idea. M using a bluetooth dongle.

AseemKashyap, Feb 16, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

If the touchpad works (not defective), and only started the behavior since moving to 10, then I would guess it is a problem with the touchpad driver.

It could be due to the wrong driver being installed, a corrupted driver installation, or a driver conflict.
    Since the generic Windows 10 touchpad driver seems to work well with Synaptics hardware for most folks, we can start with a bad driver install.

The first thing to try is to go into Device Manager and uninstall the touchpad. If asked to remove the driver also, do so. Then restart the laptop and the touchpad will be reinstalled with the same driver. Test.

Otherwise, go to the laptop manufacturer's website and find the most recent driver offered there for your touchpad. Try and install that driver and test.

Thema:

1. right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work - Similar Threads - right click synaptic

2. touchpad right click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad right click not working: right click on laptop touch will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-right-click-not-working/97996515-83c6-46ce-843d-2796f7ff2889
  3. touchpad right click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad right click not working: right click on laptop touch will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-right-click-not-working/97996515-83c6-46ce-843d-2796f7ff2889
  4. My touchpad right click isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad right click isn't working: Hello,I recently got a new "ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX517ZE_FX517ZE" and I had trouble with its right click since the first day. I've been right clicking with double click on the touchpad since then, but recently I remembered the issue again. The right click is doing just fine with...
  5. Touchpad Right-click not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Right-click not working.: On my Dell Inspiron 15 5580 suddenly one day i switched my laptop On, for Refreshing I right clicked and it was'nt working anymore dont know if it changed settings on its own or what. Right-click works by clicking with two fingers as of now. for viewing properties, etc. in...
  6. SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING: Hello, i am going insane with this laptop, it's only 13months old and already had the hard drive replaced about 6 weeks ago, i am having trouble with the synaptics touchpad, the whole thing keeps disappearing so i can't scroll, when it does appear after start up i have to go...
  7. synaptics - Two finger click to right click not working

synaptics - Two finger click to right click not working: Hi, I have synaptics touchpad installed and even though two finger click is enabled in the synaptics control panel, it still does not allow me to. It seems it is only that gesture that's not working as two finger scroll works, so does all 3 finger and 4 finger gestures....
  8. Synaptics touchpad doesn't work anymore on my HP laptop

Synaptics touchpad doesn't work anymore on my HP laptop: Hi! I have a HP ProBook 430 G3 with Windows 10. After attempting to install the Windows Precision drivers, apparently unofficially(?), for my touchpad (which I had successfully done once in the past) my touchpad doesn't work anymore. I followed a manual installation...
  9. Right Click does't work on Touchpad (Synaptics)

Right Click does't work on Touchpad (Synaptics): I just upgraded to Windows 10 and have discovered a problem that I can't seem to fix. When I Right-click on my Touchpad, nothing happens. This was very useful when I need to fix a word spelling & get options for the misspelled word. I have an HP Pavilion using Synaptics...
  10. Right click doesn't work on touchpad

Right click doesn't work on touchpad: I have a HP 15-ay083TU laptop with Windows 10.The right click button on my touchpad has suddenly stopped working.I checked the synaptics touchpad settings and the two finger scrolling feature is enabled. 73935

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synaptics click pad doesnt right click hp probook