Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

Discus and support Right click on Start menu item, item disappears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Aug 5, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

A reinstall of Insider Preview.
    If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on.
    There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone.

Ran an sfc /scannow and found nothing. Only AV is Defender. Haven't installed anything yet except Office 365.

Pete

:)

cfourkays, Aug 5, 2018
  2. FritzWipper Win User

Windows 10 Problems with disappearing menu items

To everybody,

I had this splendid idea some months ago to switch to Windows 10 with one of my laptops. Since then my problems started concerning that laptop

• First, the Windows tiles disappeared from the bottom menu. However, this was not a great loss, since I was able to select, whatever I needed, from the desktop.
    • Then the desktop disappeared, i.e. it is still there but it is immediately covered by the desktop background
    • After that, several other items disappeared from various possibilities of selection. For exampleÖ
      • I cannot select the network anymore. Clicking on the network Icon on the right hand side of the screen I only receive the information on what network I am attached to and whether it has Internet access. No other selection is available.
      • While clicking on the date and time stamp at the right corner of the screen, you normally receive a calendar where you may pick the date from. I only receive the date.
      • Today my language selection for the keyboard disappeared. So I cannot even select the right keyboard configuration.
    I have checked the various entries on the windows menu but there was no such item that would help me. Maybe somebody might assist me in solving my problems before installing a previous version of Windows again. By the way I am using an ASUS computer.

Thanks

Fritz

FritzWipper, Aug 5, 2018
  3. dhoshaw Win User
    No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Crazy IT Dude Win User

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears - Similar Threads - Right click Start

2. available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears: My SSID has changed because I installed a new modem yesterday, and am not using the old router. I started our older laptop today to get it connected to the new SSID, but it won't show available networks. When I click on show available networks, something flashes on the...
  3. Print Screen Function Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Screen Function Disappeared: I rebuilt my laptop with a new SSD drive but I am no longer able to use the print screen function. I deleted and reinstalled the HP Officejet 8600 software but this did not make any difference. Any thoughts on what I can do next? I did run the MS hardware/software...
  4. Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.: Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more buttons etc. Is there a way I can get the original layout without doing a computer restore and having to 'customize' things...
  5. No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    No thumbnails in start menu on start-up: Since the April update (the latest one didn’t brick my PC, for a change), most of the thumbnails in my Start menu have vanished when the computer starts up. I know how to reset thumbnails, and that is the solution, but what is the reason for Windows not loading thumbnails...
  6. Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10: This question has been asked for over 4 years and there is still no permanent solution from Microsoft. Re-launching google chrome can solve the issue, but it comes back soon. Uninstall/re-install google chrome also works, but the issue comes back. Turning off hardware...
  7. Illustrator and Photoshop not starting due to 0xc000007b error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Illustrator and Photoshop not starting due to 0xc000007b error: I recently installed Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator on my Windows 10. Both programs are installed fine but won't open giving the following error. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application" I looked over the internet for...
  8. Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting): I use a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop with i7 Processor and 8GB RAM. When I bought the laptop, it was normal after boot. Then after time passed by, my performance of my laptop started degrading (i.e) The computer was damn slow for nearly a minute after boot and returns to normal...
  9. OS selection menu not showing

OS selection menu not showing: I have windows 10 along with windows 7 installed. The problem is that it never shows the os selection menu and always boots into windows 10, never windows 7. When i change system configuration a little (for example, changing time for wich menu is shown) it shows again for...
  10. Windows 10 fails to start.

Windows 10 fails to start.: [IMG][IMG]When I turned my PC on suddenly it showed blue screen of death and the message was inaccessible boot device. Then automatic repair came and I tried to reset my PC it was showing your pc can't be reset then I tried to boot it into safe mode and nothing is happening...