Windows 10: Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

Discus and support Right click on Start menu item, item disappears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Aug 5, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

A reinstall of Insider Preview.
    If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on.
    There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone.

Ran an sfc /scannow and found nothing. Only AV is Defender. Haven't installed anything yet except Office 365.

Pete

:)

cfourkays, Aug 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 Problems with disappearing menu items

To everybody,

I had this splendid idea some months ago to switch to Windows 10 with one of my laptops. Since then my problems started concerning that laptop

• First, the Windows tiles disappeared from the bottom menu. However, this was not a great loss, since I was able to select, whatever I needed, from the desktop.
    • Then the desktop disappeared, i.e. it is still there but it is immediately covered by the desktop background
    • After that, several other items disappeared from various possibilities of selection. For exampleÖ
      • I cannot select the network anymore. Clicking on the network Icon on the right hand side of the screen I only receive the information on what network I am attached to and whether it has Internet access. No other selection is available.
      • While clicking on the date and time stamp at the right corner of the screen, you normally receive a calendar where you may pick the date from. I only receive the date.
      • Today my language selection for the keyboard disappeared. So I cannot even select the right keyboard configuration.
    I have checked the various entries on the windows menu but there was no such item that would help me. Maybe somebody might assist me in solving my problems before installing a previous version of Windows again. By the way I am using an ASUS computer.

Thanks

Fritz

FritzWipper, Aug 5, 2018
  3. dhoshaw Win User
    No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

1. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears - Similar Threads - Right click Start

2. White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items: Like the title says, whenever I click on Network or Sound icons on my task bar, the normal box that youd see shows up, but theres a white box around them. Included with this is the fact that I cant right click items that I search for in the start menu and when I left click...
  3. Right clicking on start menu items now has tons of options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking on start menu items now has tons of options.: Is this from a recent update? Any way to disable it? See picture below for context -- this is the selection list from right-clicking on a Steam chat window. https://imgur.com/Fam18RT I thought it might be Steam-specific, but if I right-click on a Chrome window it now has...
  4. Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu: The following will no longer open from right-clicking on the Start Menu button: Task Manager Event Viewer Device manager Disk Manager Computer Manager Command Prompt Command Prompt Admin File Explorer All others will open. Also some desktop icon will only open by...
  5. Pinned items disappear in start menu

Pinned items disappear in start menu: I'm facing a problem recently. I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!! I've pinned again and they disappeared again Would you like to tell me that what's the problem and how can I fix it?...
  6. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  7. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  8. Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key

Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key: In Window 7 and earlier versions, one could right-click an item in the start menu, select properties and access the shortcut tab. Therein lay the Short key field, which I used a lot for creating custom key combinations, eg CTL+ALT+N for Notepad++ or CTL+ALT+P for Paint.NET....
  9. Right Click start menu items do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click start menu items do not work: I updated to windows 10 last week and everything worked. Now if I right click on the start menu, the context menu items other than Run, shut down, search or desktop no longer do anything. Cortana always asks me to switch my speech language, but if I ignore that it works and...
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...