Windows 10: Right-click problems with files/folders/desktop/Groove

Discus and support Right-click problems with files/folders/desktop/Groove in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I updated to 10 with the free upgrade. I have a HP Pavilion 20. I'm guessing it's about 2.5 to 3 years old. Work computer. I've only been using this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kgreen, Oct 30, 2015.

1. kgreen Win User

Right-click problems with files/folders/desktop/Groove

I updated to 10 with the free upgrade. I have a HP Pavilion 20. I'm guessing it's about 2.5 to 3 years old. Work computer. I've only been using this computer 1.5 years. Since the update, the computer has "days" where it will not let me right-click on the Desktop to create a file or even rename a file inside a folder. I have a recorder that I take recordings off to put on the computer. Groove is now used to listen to these recordings since the update. In Groove, when I am moving the folders off of the recorder to the computer is when I have the most trouble. Otherwise, I'm not really creating or renaming files on a daily basis. I use this recorder about once a week with multiple recordings coming off of it. The mouse will spin and spin and spin....."Not Responding" is what I get in the top left corner. I have zero patience with it so I only let it spin for about a minute before I click "X." The entire screen goes black and exits out of whatever it is I'm doing. Still not letting me rename anything. I am looking for suggestions. I don't, once again, have the patience to look through all the threads to see if someone else has had my problem. I've Googled the issue, but had no luck. Most answers were for the older operating systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

kgreen, Oct 30, 2015

2. Why are podcasts in my music collection in Groove?

I actually do store my podcasts in a totally separate folder from my music, but yet the podcasts still show up in Groove. In the desktop version of Groove, you can tell it which folders to monitor for files, but not the mobile version. I think that if
    I could just tell the mobile version of Groove which directories to watch/ignore, it would solve my problem.

Eric333333, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Sharief K Win User
    No Sound from Groove

Hi,

Type Groove in the Start Search, right click on Groove Music and click on Pin to taskbar.

Note: You cannot pin any apps to the desktop and it is by design.

Hope it helps.

Sharief K, Oct 30, 2015
  4. Right-click problems with files/folders/desktop/Groove

NickyNails, Oct 30, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Oct 30, 2015
  6. I am not a tech man, simply a user and i have had the same problem twice. The right click on the mouse to open a drop down menu won't work. In both instances I tried searching for solution in the net, none had really gave me an outright solution, most of which used technical terms which are foreign to me. Anyway, the only way I was able to solve the problem was simply to trace back the activities I did prior to the onset of the problem. I re-opened the apps I used, re-check the docs or items I used, save the unsaved, continued script that was stopped, etc. I transferred files from the old folder to a new one and delete the old. Re-opened and re-saved files that were involved, and even re-do the file all over again. I had the laptop scanned using Advanced System Care 9 (free edition), re-started the computer several times until the problem simply vanished. My case may be different from yours but I had the same problem and that's just what I did to solve it. I hope this helps

samnontech, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Right-click problems with files/folders/desktop/Groove

1. Right-click problems with files/folders/desktop/Groove - Similar Threads - Right click problems

2. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  3. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  4. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with right click on desktop: I have an issues on Windows 10 Desktop where when I right click , I get the circle for minutes, and then nothing happens. When I click on a file on desktop it works fine but it only hangs when I hit an empty space in the desktop and I can't figure out the reason. Anyone ever...
  6. Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer: I'm having major issues with right clicking things on the desktop and with right clicking in file explorer. When I right click on both the desktop and in file explorer, I get the blue spinning circle and it never returns back to normal. The right clicking on desktop started...
  7. right click on desktop applications and files/folders stuck in loading on windows10

right click on desktop applications and files/folders stuck in loading on windows10: Hi Everyone. When right clicking on the desktop applications, files and folders its get stuck in loading. Tried most of the available resources like deleting all folders from Regedit Directory folder except New and WorkFoders, but the still the same problem. Thanks,...
  8. right click problem with folders and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click problem with folders and files: Hi, I've had this problem for a few months and I just can't find a way to fix it. Every time I right click on a folder or file my screen kind of resets (I don't really know how to explain it but I made a video to show it: https://youtu.be/QYEPMEoBVhA) It doesn't happen if I...
  9. right-click on desktop

right-click on desktop: Hey, lately whenever I right-click on the desktop (to create a folder, document, etc.), the menu does not opened, and the system gets stuck for a few minutes. The blue circle continues to rotate for 40-50 minutes after a click, and then the menu opened. Is there a...
  10. Right click on desktop or files not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on desktop or files not working: Looking for solution about my Right Click which suddenly not working anymore... 6428