Windows 10: Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black

Discus and support Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It looks like this: [img] Anyone know how to make this white on black text or transparent. Also the title bars in notepad etc are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarkBee, Apr 15, 2016.

1. DarkBee Win User

Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black

It looks like this:

Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black [​IMG]

Anyone know how to make this white on black text or transparent.

Also the title bars in notepad etc are not transparent

:)

DarkBee, Apr 15, 2016
  2. alenin99 Win User

right click option is black and white

after some updates, when i right click anywhere in taskbar the options are in black, (usually it is white and black text, but mines opposite). but if i right click somewhere else like desktop or folder options, it shows normally (white and black). is there
    anyway to turn of the black and white option which comes up only when i right click on the taskbar, start menu.

alenin99, Apr 15, 2016
  3. sssrini Win User
    Taskbar application right-click dark

Hi,

The right-click menu of for any program for me is dark but the problem is the menu item text is a shade greyer (grayer?
    ) than black which makes it almost unreadable. This happens only for programs,
    the right click for start menu is ok. I am attaching a pic for reference. I should also mention that if I right-click on the menu items then for split second the text flickers white then goes back to black-ish. Any help is much appreciated.

sssrini, Apr 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Aero disappeared after Windows 7.

However, Aeroglass (just search) offers a degree of transparency in title bars (best with a nominal fee of a couple of euros). I've used it from Win 8 on. You can have it fully transparent if you wish - variable.

MS is moving (very slowly) to a new consistent model for its GUI with rt click menus. At the moment it's a complete mix.

Win 10 is much more limited in its customisability. But please see the Customisation section for examples of themes which have been created.

Windowblinds is also now available for Win 10.

This is the only transparency option:

dalchina, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black - Similar Threads - Right click Start

2. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Right click text highlight menu color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click text highlight menu color: Hi, With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh". Is there a way to change that to blue ? I dont want to change the theme . [ATTACH] Thank you...
  7. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  8. Right Click Menu is White on Light Grey?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click Menu is White on Light Grey?: I just changed the default app mode from light to dark on one of my PCs. Right clicking on an icon displays white text on alight grey background in one user account which is wrong. The dark mode works OK in other accounts on the same PC. Is there a fix for this behaviour?...
  9. Start Menu text is Black

in Cortana
    Start Menu text is Black: Hey y'all, To give a bit of background, I had to clone and replace my SSD due to an issue with the SATA connector. I had no issues with the search/start menu before this. Whether I have the theme in Light or Dark Mode, when I search something on Cortana it looks like this:...
  10. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i right click in files its white

2. right click text is white

3. right click menu is white