Windows 10: right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds

Discus and support right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have followed one answer to this problem which was to use msconfig and disable all non microsoft services then restart the computer but i still have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickAnderson4, Jul 8, 2018.

1. right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds

I have followed one answer to this problem which was to use msconfig and disable all non microsoft services then restart the computer but i still have the same problem.

The right click menu will not appear the computer screen freezes then goes blank and it takes several seconds to go back to normal

it's annoying, please help!

:)

NickAnderson4, Jul 8, 2018

2. when i try to right click to rename a photo in windows 10 the option is not there

Hi Sandra

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to follow the steps and screen shot and check if you are able to find the option to Rename the files:

• Open the Photo App.
    • Click on photo.

Next, Right click on the photo and select the option Open folder.

right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds ebeb603b-ba1b-4a2f-8c3d-23604aedca89.png

Once file explorer open, Right click on the photo and select the option Rename.

right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds 22e07107-c9af-4ba2-995c-8b17d356c244.png

Now try to rename the photo and check if you are able to do it. Let us know if you unable to find these options.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Jul 8, 2018
  4. right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds

1. right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds - Similar Threads - right click rename

2. Right click send to menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click send to menu: I was looking to add into the right click send to menu to include Pictures. I had this set in Windows 10 before updating to 11 and therefore followed the same instructions which was to type in run shell:SendTo, open another explorer and take a copy of Pictures and drop in the...
  3. Right click send to menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click send to menu: I was looking to add into the right click send to menu to include Pictures. I had this set in Windows 10 before updating to 11 and therefore followed the same instructions which was to type in run shell:SendTo, open another explorer and take a copy of Pictures and drop in the...
  4. The "Send To" is missing on when right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The "Send To" is missing on when right click: Hello there, I can't figure it out the problem here. I wanted it to send to compress files, but the "Send to" doesn't show the lists. Hope you can help me thanks. [ATTACH]...
  5. Right click Delete/Rename missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click Delete/Rename missing: Hi. Within the last 2 weeks my Right click menu no longer contains Delete or Rename options when attempting either function on a selected file. Help please. JF...
  6. Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen: Hi Support, Each time I right-click on Windows Explorer, it turns a blank screen. To get back the screen, I need to Ctrl-Alt-Del then go to Task Manager next to File to run new task - explorer.exe I have updated the Display driver using Devmgmt.msc but the problem still...
  7. Right click a file to send to email

in Browsers and Email
    Right click a file to send to email: When I was using WLM I could select a word document or an image by right clicking the mouse and send to various places as to an email. Now since using the windows 10 mail app,The option is still there right click and send to an email but it don't work on this new mail app....
  8. Second screen blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second screen blank: Hi All, I have just upgraded from win 7 to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have 2 screen attached to a usb2.0 to VGA splitter. I have tried to extend to second monitor but all I get is a black screen with a mouse pointer so I know its working! I have cheked all the drivers on...
  9. right click send to

in Windows 10 Support
    right click send to: How do I add right click send to for items not in the list. 64162
  10. Blank Screen when right clicking in IE/Chrome/etc...

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen when right clicking in IE/Chrome/etc...: So as the title says.... When right clicking a link in whatever web browser I am using I get a blank screen.( For example, if I want to open the link in a new tab) I can see the outline of the screen and after 10-15 seconds it may show up. I don't know what has caused this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to right click then rename then send

2. renaming a file and it goes Blank