Windows 10: Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!

Discus and support Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and whenever i right click on desktop the screen turns black. Check out video for more details(The video is in windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hercules2905, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and whenever i right click on desktop the screen turns black.
    Check out video for more details(The video is in windows 8.1 but the problem is the same and still persists). Please help me!
    Thanks in advance. [youtube]M1V4gEqbYmU[/youtube]

:)

Hercules2905, Sep 17, 2015

2. PC shows a black screen

I accidentally ended the windows explorer task and being the non tech guru that I am I tried restarting to fix it. Now, my screen is black, and if I click anything on my keyboard, the LEDs on all of my devices turn off, and the screen goes Pitch Black
    For a couple of seconds. There is also a little A2 symbol in the bottom right of the screen if that helps with anything.

PeytonJones, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Lumia 950 XL Blue screen of sadness.

Additionally, I tried hard factory reset but after Gears turned and the white scroll bar grew from left to right of screen, now my 950XL hangs in BLACK screen of death with :-( then screen powers off.

Power on again, gears turn, scroll advances from left to right until black screen of death including :-(

Tried repeatedly with same results.

ChristianRoller, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!

Hi first of all how long has windows 10 been installed before the problem happened.
    What had you done before it happened like what sites or anything had you been on
    if you can give us as much information as possible it will let us help you more.

hTconeM9user, Sep 17, 2015
  5. The problem started 6 months ago when I was using Windows 8.1. I thought it might disappear after I update to 10 but it didn't and the problem still persists! I have been visiting normal sites, nothing out of the ordinary. I have Premium Malwarebytes Anti-Malware protecting my PC. Right clicking anywhere makes the screen go black, even the little utility bar of options on the top of Windows Explorer! Please help! Sorry for the late reply!

Hercules2905, Oct 3, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    You could try downloading ShellExView.

Disable all the non-ms context menu items and then re-enable them one by one until you find the culprit. For me the Intel igfxDTCM context menu item was causing a similar problem - right click was just hanging for 5-10 seconds on the desktop.

lx07, Oct 3, 2015
  7. Got a Trillion Extensions here! Are there any particular groups which cause this trouble? I don't have the igxDCTM extensions of yours too. Also some are highlighted pink. How to go about it? Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

Hercules2905, Oct 3, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!

Click on options and then tick "Hide all Microsoft Extensions". That should get rid of most. (Pink just means not Microsoft btw).

Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!! [​IMG]

Then select all, right click and disable. See if the problem is fixed. If so then enable them one by one (or half at a time if you've lots) until you find the one causing the issue.

Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!! [​IMG]

lx07, Oct 3, 2015
  9. Thanks a ton, Halasz! That worked instantly for me! Perfect solution Top Marks Mate! I was almost on the verge of doing a full reset when an angel in the form of halasz arrived, can't thank him enough.

Hercules2905, Oct 5, 2015
  10. schematic Win User
    Thank you lx07 you ROCK! That fixed it for me. I had spent countless hours trying to find a solution and trying everything, this worked.
    ShellExView fixed the file explorer being slow and unresponsive.

schematic, Feb 3, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    Good news - and welcome to the forum *Smile

12. dgower2 Win User
    I know this is an old thread, but I just solved the same exact problem differently. I enable transparency in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance. After doing this, anytime I clicked on a blank part of my desktop, the whole screen went black. It would reappear if I right-clicked. When I disabled transparency, it stopped going black when I clicked.

dgower2, Jul 12, 2016
  13. Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!

I joined up just to say THANK you, I am absolutely useless computers and don't mind admitting it. I had exactly the same problem as the one as Hercules described that just appeared out of nowhere yesterday along with some other small problems. Needless to say it ruined my afternoon.
    I went through these extremely simple steps today and that's fixed, AMAZING
    thank you so much Ix07
    For any further windows 10 troubles I will be straight back on here
    thank you very much

Lincoln Yeti, Jul 8, 2017
  14. lx07 Win User
    You are welcome - and welcome to the forum *Smile

15. Lindross Win User
    Hey lx07 I also joined the forum to say THANK YOU!! I tried everything to resolve this issue. Thought I was quite savvy until this problem arose and I hadn't the slightest idea how to correct it. Oddly enough, however, I download shexview x64 and disabled all non MS, then enabled them all one by one and the problem was still fixed.. Bizarre for sure but I don't lose the screen every time I right click on anything on my desktop anymore so I am grateful to say the least! *Smile

Lindross, Nov 24, 2017
Thema:

Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!

1. Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!! - Similar Threads - Right Click turns

2. How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click: When Right clicking on my desktop trying to open new folders, etc. my screen flashes black and said folder is not created. how do i fix this, please i need help...
  3. How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click: When Right clicking on my desktop trying to open new folders, etc. my screen flashes black and said folder is not created. how do i fix this, please i need help...
  4. How to Fix Screen Flashing Black on Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen turns white when i right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns white when i right click: Hello I have the problem that when i right click on my windows 10 the screen turns white and the mouse turns into the loading symbol how can i fix that...
  6. Screen turns white when i right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turns white when i right click: Hello I have the problem that when i right click on my windows 10 the screen turns white and the mouse turns into the loading symbol how can i fix that...
  7. Windows 10 right click black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 right click black screen: When I Clicked Right Mouse, It Will Comes Black Screen : How Can I Fix It???? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-right-click-black-screen/820d701d-28d1-4ce8-ba1c-d92b291c9264
  8. Windows 10 right click black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 right click black screen: I am getting a black pop up screen everytime I right click , any open sub screens also come out black. Hoe can I fix this ? (Windows10 on Dell Vostro) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-right-click-black-screen/c859f328-9a2a-47c4-8f60-446b82f0b065
  9. Desktop screen is black and right click does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop screen is black and right click does not work.: Hi, I used to see icons on my desktop and today, they disappear altogether. There is a side bar you work with and I don't feel comfortable. The screen is black and if I right click on screen, it does not work and nothing is coming up to chose. When changing screens, I...
  10. Right click on icon, then black

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on icon, then black: Please can You help me with this problem, it happens on some files, and I cant do anything (bouht laptop 2 weeks ago) Here is YT link with recorded problem : Win 10 right click problem - YouTube Thanks in advance! 67097

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click screen turns black

2. right click turns the screen black windows 10