Windows 10: Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ?

Discus and support Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know why the Right Click on the Windows 10 Start Button to get to the Control Panel was removed? It was so simple. You could use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BuzWeaver, Apr 13, 2017.

1. BuzWeaver Win User

Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ?

Does anyone know why the Right Click on the Windows 10 Start Button to get to the Control Panel was removed? It was so simple. You could use the Windows Button and X to get to the Menu too. I had to find the Control Panel and add it to my Start Menu. How do you Click your way to the Control Panel now in the new Creator Update?

:)

BuzWeaver, Apr 13, 2017
  2. John582n Win User

Home Group & Control Panel in Windows 10 Latest Update

You can't get Control Panel on that right click menu in that version of Windows 10. The best you can do is put an icon on your Desktop.

Start > scroll down to Windows System, open it then drag Control Panel to your Desktop

John582n, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Is my OS a Windows 10 AE or Windows 10 First Edition?

I think the answer is no. But look through...

Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ? - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10: Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ?

If you find a way to do it, it may be unwise to do so - as Windows no longer expects it to be there.

What I did was to create a shortcut to the Control Panel onto the Desktop, then assigned a keyboard shortcut to it...

Create Control Panel Shortcut in Windows 10

Windows 10: Create Control Panel Shortcut in Windows 10

Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10

Windows 10: Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10

PCR Just PCR, Apr 13, 2017
  4. brummyfan Win User

Type C in start search.

Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ? [​IMG]

brummyfan, Apr 13, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
  6. BuzWeaver Win User
    Thank you Brum. Yes, I knew how to get to the Control Panel by doing a search, however I was just wondering why they would have removed the Control Panel from the Menu. Developers are always making these changes, it was just one of those things that you notice as someone who develops a habit of doing things a particular way. *Wink

BuzWeaver, Apr 13, 2017
  7. BuzWeaver Win User
    BuzWeaver, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ? - Similar Threads - Right Click Start

2. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 can't right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't right-click on start menu: Hello,I have been having an issue for some time with no solution. I currently have a Razer Basilisk v3 mouse, and when I right-click on the START icon, the mouse moves a few pixels up and to the right. It will keep doing this every time I right-click until it moves itself off...
  6. Windows 10 start menu right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu right click: Hi, Recently I reset my laptop and tries to restore the backup. But in between the restoration process it turned off so i restarted it again this happened 3-4 times so I again restarted the restoration process. Now when i right click the start button I see 4 times each...
  7. Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu

Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu: In Windows 10, I press Start button on keyboard. Then, I type "Control Panel" . Control Panel does not appear as a selection. Instead, after typing "Control", Settings pops up as an option. After typing the entire "Control Panel", Intel Graphics Control Panel appears....
  8. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  9. Right click Start Menu

Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  10. Lag Windows 10 Control Panel, Explorer, Right click

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag Windows 10 Control Panel, Explorer, Right click: Hello guys, i have a little problem with my brand-new laptop. After installing (clean install) Windows 10 (i think it's the latest version, from Microsoft website), along with all the drivers, when i'm entering Control Panel, for example, the mouse (touchpad or extern) have a...