Windows 10: Right click works everywhere except network and volume

Discus and support Right click works everywhere except network and volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! After searching for right-click in the forums I got too many threads, and to be honest I didn't want to search all of them to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by spapakons, Oct 18, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

Right click works everywhere except network and volume

Hello!

After searching for right-click in the forums I got too many threads, and to be honest I didn't want to search all of them to find the solution. If there is another similar thread, please give a link.

My problem is that right-click with the mouse works everywhere as expected, but not on the network icon and volume icon on notification area. Not that I need frequently to see audio properties or network settings, but it is rather strange. Yes, I changed the original icons to those from Windows 8.1 using Customizer God, but this shouldn't be a problem! I had done it before in other computers and right-click was not affected. Any other ideas? Any taskbar or notification setting I am missing? I can access Network and Sharing Center and Audio properties from Control Panel, but this is not very convenient.

Thank you in advance.

:)

spapakons, Oct 18, 2015

2. Keyboard works everywhere except for windows search, calc, etc

Hi Hong,

Kindly provide us the following information to assist you better with your concern.

1. Have you tried to update the driver of your keyboard?

2. What changes have you made prior to this issue?

For initial troubleshooting, you may run the troubleshooter for Windows apps through this

page

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Keyboard works everywhere except for windows search, calc, etc

My keyboard works in the browser, and other applications like microsoft word or excel. However, it does not work with windows applications cortana, calculator, stickynote, etc. I tried everything posted around the web, but nothing worked. I changed my
    language settings for my keyboard, ran powershell scripts, updated my windows, etc. Btw, I'm on windows 10.

HongNguyen00, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

Right click works everywhere except network and volume

1. Right click works everywhere except network and volume - Similar Threads - Right click works

2. Tap to click works everywhere EXCEPT TEAMS CHAT. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tap to click works everywhere EXCEPT TEAMS CHAT. Why?: I have a phsycial disabiity. Tap to click is essential for my well-being, but MS Teams chat function does not recognize tap to click at least 9/10s of the time. I usually have to use the"real" click function, which is very painful for me. I have signed out and logged back in....
  3. Tap to click works everywhere EXCEPT TEAMS CHAT. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tap to click works everywhere EXCEPT TEAMS CHAT. Why?: I have a phsycial disabiity. Tap to click is essential for my well-being, but MS Teams chat function does not recognize tap to click at least 9/10s of the time. I usually have to use the"real" click function, which is very painful for me. I have signed out and logged back in....
  4. Right-click over volume icon no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click over volume icon no longer working.: Hello!I like to have my volume mixer open when I use my laptop, but the right-click function isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-over-volume-icon-no-longer-working/a7da2c21-e490-4bab-bdad-ccd8df4510af
  5. Right-click over volume icon no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click over volume icon no longer working.: Hello!I like to have my volume mixer open when I use my laptop, but the right-click function isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-over-volume-icon-no-longer-working/a7da2c21-e490-4bab-bdad-ccd8df4510af
  6. Right-click over volume icon no longer working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Right-click not working on desktop icons (but works everywhere else)

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click not working on desktop icons (but works everywhere else): I'm new to Win10 (just migrated from Win7). Running Win10 version 1909. For any icon on my desktop, right-click does not work. Windows times-out for maybe half a minute and then restores my screen. However, right-click works everywhere else, including on any blank space on...
  8. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  9. Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.

Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.: I have reset the Acer Aspire XC-603G desktop due to the mouse clicking on its own as well as right clicking. Reset done successfully. Mouse is better, but it's still right clicking on it's own. This is my mom's PC. Please help be of assistance. Thanks, 106899
  10. Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click: Using window 10 and everything was fine and one day lost the icon tray when right clicking the start button. Did a sfc scannow and came up: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...