Windows 10: Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow

Discus and support Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a problem where right clicking and trying to open drop downs (i think called context menus). There is often a huge delay and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hedonite, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Hedonite Win User

Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow

Hi guys, I have a problem where right clicking and trying to open drop downs (i think called context menus). There is often a huge delay and unresponsiveness, but not crashes. In the video you'll see me try to open windows, and right clicking the sound icon, which opens delayed. Once the sound window is open it doesn't resound to clicks etc. Even trying to right click misspelled words whilst writing this post doesn't work properly.
    Please help, and thanks for your time!
    Here is the link to see it all for yourself: Issues with windows 10 - YouTube

I have an i7-4790 8CPU, 16GB ram, Asus motehrboard, GTX 1070

James.

:)

Hedonite, Aug 8, 2017
  2. gingie Win User

Drop down lists

On the mobile phone, in the calendar when you make a new appointment there is a location menu that saves previous locations in a drop down menu. Can you tell me how to delete these?

gingie, Aug 8, 2017
  3. Drop down lists

I'll be glad to assist if you could just provide more details about your query. To which dropdown list are you referring to?

Linley Meslier, Aug 8, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Hedonite and welcome to Tenforums.
    Not sure if this will help, but perhaps it's a start -
    Right Click on Desktop take long time to show up - Windows 10 Forums
    Have a read through the entire thread; there are a few suggestions which may help you narrow things down.
    Also, the ASUS AI Suite needs to go - nothing but problems. *Wink

simrick, Aug 8, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    The usual problem is a badly behaved shell extension (added by some program you've installed). The principle is to disable them in groups until the context menu behaves normally, then work back until you find the culprit(s).

Tools (free):
    shellexview
    shellmenuview
    glary utilities context menu

- and if still stuck, but use cautiously, Autoruns.

(Note- no one tool seems to show all shell extensions: the first two allow yo to hide MS extensions- never disable those. No log off or restart needed).

dalchina, Aug 8, 2017
  6. Hedonite Win User
    Hi guys!
    Thanks so much for the replies and advice, really appreciated!
    I played around with the ShellExView, which i found didn't change anything, so i tried shellmenuview but couldnt find any info on how to use it, so decided not to. I did the whole deleting something from the registry as mentioned on the other thread, which didn't change anything.
    What I have done in the end is use autoruns, unticked anything that was highlighted red, restarted my pc and now it's working fine. BUT this has happened before, where it will work fine for a day, or a couple of sessions, then it starts messing up again. So for now i'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hedonite, Aug 10, 2017
  7. Hedonite Win User
    How come this has gotta go? And what do i replace it with in terms of fan controller etc?

Hedonite, Aug 10, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow - Similar Threads - Right clicking drop

2. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  3. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  4. Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts: Dear all:I have a specific question regarding the File Explorer. I have Win 8.1.By twice left-clicking on shortcuts and folders, one should by default be able to open the relevant folders; since a few months, this is not the case in my PC. By twice left clicking, I obtain the...
  5. Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts: Dear all:I have a specific question regarding the File Explorer. I have Win 8.1.By twice left-clicking on shortcuts and folders, one should by default be able to open the relevant folders; since a few months, this is not the case in my PC. By twice left clicking, I obtain the...
  6. Right click drop down menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click drop down menu: The drop down menu does not appear when I right click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-drop-down-menu/7bb6b060-3386-4c4e-b3e0-402174ae3533
  7. Drop down menu after right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop down menu after right click: What I see a strange problem since last many days in my laptop is: When ever I right click and select anything from dropdown menu then menu opens left side every time. It should always open right side. It should open on left side only if space is not available. My laptop...
  8. Drop Down list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop Down list: I made a drop list, so that it was easier for me to input data. I go to use the drop down arrow, to use the list I made, and nothing shows up. How can I use my own list I created? Thanks!...
  9. Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging: Best way to describe it is whenever you right click to go to new drop down it delays/takes awhile to load, i thought this was my machine but i confirmed it with my coworker too so it must be a windows update here is a gif of what i'm...
  10. Delay in Right Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay in Right Click: Hi all, I am facing a problem in Right Click in mouse. Whenever I make a right click on blank space in Desktop or in File browser in order to "Refresh" or to create "New Folder" or any other purpose, it takes quite a bit of time (3 seconds) for the menu to pop-up. I don't...