Windows 10: right clicking and launching shortcuts issue

Discus and support right clicking and launching shortcuts issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone! One of my window 10 machine has issues with launching shortcuts (it goes straight to properties) and right clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by renkun, Oct 21, 2015.

1. renkun Win User

right clicking and launching shortcuts issue

Hello everyone!

One of my window 10 machine has issues with launching shortcuts (it goes straight to properties) and right clicking the desktop/tray/taskbar doesn't nothing.

Thanks ahead for troubleshooting and helping me out.

:)

renkun, Oct 21, 2015

2. How do you fix a ":right clicking and launching shortcuts issue :(26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683) The remote procedure call failed" error

Open this folder:

%Localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group2

Double-click Control Panel shortcut. Are you able to launch it from there? This is the shortcut used when you right-click Start and click Control
    Panel. It launches control.exe

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 21, 2015
  3. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Create a desktop shortcut pointing to target "C:\Windows\System32\Control.exe"

Name the shortcut as "Windows Update", and assign a icon as required.

Right-click the shortcut and Pin to taskbar.

Open this folder:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

Right-click the Windows Update shortcut in that folder, click Properties and change the target field to:

C:\Windows\System32\control.exe /name Microsoft.WindowsUpdate

Click OK.

The shortcut on the desktop can be deleted.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 21, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Oct 22, 2015
  5. renkun Win User
    Thanks i think that did the trick. I'm not sure about the cause though. I also took out all the peripherals and put them back in.

Thanks John!

renkun, Oct 22, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    Would you mark the thread as solved , please.

JohnC, Oct 22, 2015
  7. renkun Win User
    Ahh, Sorry about that. Forgot

renkun, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. right clicking and launching shortcuts issue - Similar Threads - right clicking launching

2. Right-click Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right-click Mouse Issues: I am currently running Windows 10. Within the past month the RIGHT Click Menu has begun to pop-up automatically without me ever right clicking. I have gone into Settings/Devices/Mouse/Related Settings/Additional Mouse Options/ClickLock/Turn on ClickLock/OK/Apply and this has...
  3. Right-click Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click Mouse Issues: I am currently running Windows 10. Within the past month the RIGHT Click Menu has begun to pop-up automatically without me ever right clicking. I have gone into Settings/Devices/Mouse/Related Settings/Additional Mouse Options/ClickLock/Turn on ClickLock/OK/Apply and this has...
  4. Right-click Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right Click on Folders, File, Shortcut Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click on Folders, File, Shortcut Issue: Hi, I have noticed a problem recently with my PC. Sometimes, when I right click on a folder, file or shortcut, I'm met with an extremely long load time blue spinning wheel. If I'm within File explorer and this happens, I can restart the process via task manager. This...
  6. Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro and was wondering if there is any way to add the option to create a shortcut directly on the desktop instead of the folder that the original .exe file is in? Thanks for any help. submitted by /u/PricyThunder87 [link] [comments]...
  7. Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut: ...it pins the folder itself. So instead of seeing the shortcut name, you see the folder name in the Quick access list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-right-click-pin-to-quick-acess-doesnt-pin/320c68f4-f0a1-4344-8a98-f1cb1deb634c"
  8. Right click menu issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu issue: I absolutely love this theme....except that the context (right click) menus remain white. I can't believe they were intended to be this way. The theme has such beautiful artwork otherwise. Any advice, suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. (other than live with...
  9. Right Clicking Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Clicking Issue: Ok so this isn't a big issue but it's driving me nuts. I run the latest version of Windows 10 64 Bit. I have 4 disks in my computer. 3 SSDs and 1 HDD. Every time I log in I can right click anywhere I want with no issue. But if I choose to right the HDD under my computer I...
  10. No shortcut option on right click desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No shortcut option on right click desktop: Please can anyone help. I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When right clicking the desktop I only get the option under the "New" menu to crate a folder, no shortcut. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks 15032