Windows 10: Right Clicking Issue

Discus and support Right Clicking Issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ok so this isn't a big issue but it's driving me nuts. I run the latest version of Windows 10 64 Bit. I have 4 disks in my computer. 3 SSDs and 1 HDD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LinkinForcer, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Right Clicking Issue

Ok so this isn't a big issue but it's driving me nuts. I run the latest version of Windows 10 64 Bit. I have 4 disks in my computer. 3 SSDs and 1 HDD.

Every time I log in I can right click anywhere I want with no issue. But if I choose to right the HDD under my computer I get a blue spinning circle that replaces the mouse curser and it stays that way until I try and close the window. After a few seconds my screen goes black and then everything returns back to normal after a few seconds. I'd imagine that would be the explorer.exe crashing and restarting.

The HDD has nothing on it at all as it is just a backup drive for when I move files around. It's just driving me insane because I don't know what's casuisng the hang up.

I can right click any other drive and everything is fine. I right click the desktop and I may see a blue circle for a fraction of a second but then the context menu appears with no issue.

Here is the weird thing though. As long as I right click something else first I can then right click the HDD with no problem but if the HDD is the first thing I right click it hangs up and explorer.exe crashes.

:)

LinkinForcer, Aug 28, 2017

2. Right click issues

Hello Elize,

There are several causes for this kind of issue to happen when browsing the Internet using your Windows device. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Please answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us which browser you're using?
    • Is the issue isolated to a specific website?
    • What is the OS Build of your Windows 10 device? Click the
      Start button, type About your PC, press
      Enter, and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications to find this information.

For isolation of the issue, we advise performing a clean
    boot
    . A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.
    This procedure will help us determine if the issue is due to a software conflict while using a browser.
    Kindly follow the steps outlined in this support article
    on how to perform a clean boot.

NOTE: Please go to the section:
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the PC in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Aug 28, 2017
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 28, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Right Clicking Issue

Tony K, Aug 29, 2017
Thema:

Right Clicking Issue

1. Right Clicking Issue - Similar Threads - Right Clicking Issue

2. Right-click Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right-click Mouse Issues: I am currently running Windows 10. Within the past month the RIGHT Click Menu has begun to pop-up automatically without me ever right clicking. I have gone into Settings/Devices/Mouse/Related Settings/Additional Mouse Options/ClickLock/Turn on ClickLock/OK/Apply and this has...
  3. Right-click Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click Mouse Issues: I am currently running Windows 10. Within the past month the RIGHT Click Menu has begun to pop-up automatically without me ever right clicking. I have gone into Settings/Devices/Mouse/Related Settings/Additional Mouse Options/ClickLock/Turn on ClickLock/OK/Apply and this has...
  4. Right-click Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Security Issue: Right click on documents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Issue: Right click on documents: When I'm right clicking on my documents or download I'm getting this attached prompt whic says Ashu's DOS Prompt HereIt was never there before. Is it some security threat? How to get rid of it?...
  6. having an issue with right click context menu always staying on as i click right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    having an issue with right click context menu always staying on as i click right click: i format the pc, itry clicklock other reedit tweak none fix it, now even after a format it does is on both mouse with without other usb plug, context menu always stay on unless i press left click "mouse 1" now i will waste many hour installing my stuff back and the problem is...
  7. Right click menu issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu issue: I absolutely love this theme....except that the context (right click) menus remain white. I can't believe they were intended to be this way. The theme has such beautiful artwork otherwise. Any advice, suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. (other than live with...
  8. Issues with right clicking start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with right clicking start menu.: Prior to upgrading to build 1511 a few days ago I could right click on the start menu and all the icons works. Could run as an administrator with no issue. However for the last few days clicking on any icon from the right click start menu does nothing. Level three at...
  9. that old right click issue with a twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    that old right click issue with a twist?: hey guys/girls, long time lurker, first time poster running win10 pro with creator update every-time i right on the desktop and try and create a "new" - file, folder, etc it crashes and refreshes the screen, all other right click inputs in the dialog i have work I...
  10. right clicking and launching shortcuts issue

in Windows 10 Support
    right clicking and launching shortcuts issue: Hello everyone! One of my window 10 machine has issues with launching shortcuts (it goes straight to properties) and right clicking the desktop/tray/taskbar doesn't nothing. Thanks ahead for troubleshooting and helping me out. 27326