Windows 10: Right Clicking on App icons restarts/refreshes screen, please help! I didn't start having...

Discus and support Right Clicking on App icons restarts/refreshes screen, please help! I didn't start having... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I didn't start having this problem until today out of no where. Whenever I right click a certain app icon, my entire screen refreshes or even crashes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nathan P11111, May 21, 2024.

1. Right Clicking on App icons restarts/refreshes screen, please help! I didn't start having...

I didn't start having this problem until today out of no where. Whenever I right click a certain app icon, my entire screen refreshes or even crashes. When I open task manager and right click an icon, I noticed that Windows Explorer disappears and reappears but I don't know why! Some times I cant even left click on the desktop screen either. Taskbar also takes a while to show up.https://youtube.com/shorts/lshjaenVX9s Link to show the problem

:)

Nathan P11111, May 21, 2024
  2. Berton Win User

Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened?

Version 1607 Build 14393.105 does that, click Start and the full Apps list is scrollable.
    Forgot to add this screenshot:

Right Clicking on App icons restarts/refreshes screen, please help! I didn't start having... [​IMG]

Berton, May 21, 2024
  3. regor101 Win User
    Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened?

Is there a way to configure Windows 10 to have the start screen open and have the “All Apps” list already open?

The way it is now, pressing the Windows key opens the start screen with the “All Apps” icon and the “Sleep/Shut down/Restart” icon showing. I have to click the “All Apps” icon to open the list.

regor101, May 21, 2024
  4. Right Clicking on App icons restarts/refreshes screen, please help! I didn't start having...

Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work

Hi! I'm having this same issue and I haven't found a solution. Still, would you care to try a few other things? They don't work for me, so I'm just curious if they work for you:

• Left-click on the date and time in your task bar. Does this open the calendar?
    • Right-click on the icon in the tray (normally next to date and time) that looks like a square conversation baloon. It should open a menu "Open action center" and "Turn on quiet hours". Click on "Open action center". Does the action center open?
    • On your keyboard press the [WinButton]+I (hopefully you have the windows button). Click "Personalization" on the screen that opens up. On the left menu click "Start", then click "Use Start full screen" once. Select another option on the left menu (no matter which), then go back to "Start". Did the system remember the change you made to "Use Start full screen"? (Toggling this is often offered as a fix to these issues, so if your system remembers the change, restart your computer, then try to use the start menu. You can always switch back to the way you prefer your start menu by repeating the steps here.)
    • Right-click on any empty spot on your taskbar, then open "Search" submenu in the menu that pops up. Click "Show search icon". Does the search icon appear/disappear from your taskbar?
    • Click on the search icon when (and if) it's in the taskbar (see previous point). Does anything happen?

By the way, when you right-click on your start menu button, the menu that opens was always there, you just probably never used it. (I too found out about it only when I started having these troubles.)

ReasonSharp, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Right Clicking on App icons restarts/refreshes screen, please help! I didn't start having...

1. Right Clicking on App icons restarts/refreshes screen, please help! I didn't start having... - Similar Threads - Right Clicking App

2. Right Clicking on App icons restarts/refreshes screen, please help! I didn't start having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Clicking on App icons restarts/refreshes screen, please help! I didn't start having...: I didn't start having this problem until today out of no where. Whenever I right click a certain app icon, my entire screen refreshes or even crashes. When I open task manager and right click an icon, I noticed that Windows Explorer disappears and reappears but I don't know...
  3. I have a specific problem with refresh rate PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a specific problem with refresh rate PLEASE HELP!: My monitor is an AMD Read Eagle monitor with a maximum refresh rate of 165 Hz, it is just a couple of years old. My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER that's also quite new. My monitor has FreeSync Premium which means it works with my Nvidia graphics...
  4. I have a specific problem with refresh rate PLEASE HELP!

I have a specific problem with refresh rate PLEASE HELP!: My monitor is an AMD Read Eagle monitor with a maximum refresh rate of 165 Hz, it is just a couple of years old. My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER that's also quite new. My monitor has FreeSync Premium which means it works with my Nvidia graphics...
  5. I have a specific problem with refresh rate PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.: Right clicking on icons work fine. However, when I try to right click on the desktop, one of two things happen:1. Screen refreshes.2. PC becomes irresponsive.In both cases, opening task manager and restarting explorer.exe fixes the issue. System Restore is not an option as I...
  7. Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.

Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.: Right clicking on icons work fine. However, when I try to right click on the desktop, one of two things happen:1. Screen refreshes.2. PC becomes irresponsive.In both cases, opening task manager and restarting explorer.exe fixes the issue. System Restore is not an option as I...
  8. Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.

9. when i right click pc refreshes/restarts

when i right click pc refreshes/restarts: hi I'm medardo, Recently i had this problem about when i right click certain folders or documents from the guei/explorer it refreshes any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-right-click-pc-refreshesrestarts/14cfe4ec-0fe4-47ba-9dbb-8b8a1ecf97c4
  10. When I click on a Photo I get this "the app didn't start"

When I click on a Photo I get this "the app didn't start": Good afternoon, I have a problem that just suddenly started up. When I click on a photo I get [ATTACH] I have already tried the Repair/ Reset and Reinstall route. Please advise. Lou...