Windows 10: Right clicking on folders...

Discus and support Right clicking on folders... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; ...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason? 38237 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bjorn1, Jan 21, 2016.

1. bjorn1 Win User

Right clicking on folders...

...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason?

:)

bjorn1, Jan 21, 2016

2. Right clicking and "sent to" folders on desktop only show "Bluetooth device" option!?

•Press Windows + r – this brings up the Run dialog
    •In the open box, enter shell:sendto and press OK
    •This opens an explorer window where you will see a list of the items that
    should appear on your Send To destinations list
    •If there is a 0 bytes entry second in the list called Bluetooth, delete it.

This is a bad file that stops the list from displaying
    •That’s it! You should have all your Send To destinations back
    Source:
    https://andywigleyblog.azurewebsites.net/?p=791

Bruce Hagen, Jan 21, 2016
  3. jpinto52 Win User
    Right clicking and "sent to" folders on desktop only show "Bluetooth device" option!?

Hello

I have windows 10. When I right click on a folder on the desktop and try to send it through the "Send To" link, the only option available is "Bluetooth Device". How do I correct this issue?

Thank you very much for any help.

Joao Pinto

jpinto52, Jan 21, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Can be many reasons for slow response on a system, how does rest of the system work and other slow responses ?

jds63, Jan 21, 2016
  5. bjorn1 Win User
    It's flying and no other slow responses..

bjorn1, Jan 21, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    You had a thread with a bad SSD is that off the system ?

jds63, Jan 21, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    Can be caused by shell extensions, as when you right click these extensions are put in there by third party software. Try to disable them, do you have CCleaner can be sued for this or there are other free software like ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

jds63, Jan 21, 2016
  8. eastman Win User

I would assume it's either CPU/RAM/HDD/SSD overload (90-100% usage) or a virus. Could also be a fragmented HDD having trouble finding the folder, or an un-optimized SSD not running as it could.

eastman, Jan 21, 2016
  9. bjorn1 Win User
    Yes, jds63 - same system.I use both Classic Shell and Ccleaner, so I will take it from there. OS-SSD is in good health and no virus. Thanks!

bjorn1, Jan 21, 2016
  10. lx07 Win User
    *Ditto I'd look into this also but use nirsoft rather than CCleaner disable the shell extensions as CCleaner doesn't always show them all.

Disable all the non-Microsoft ones log out and in and see if it is fixed. If it is you can then gradually turn them back on until you find the one causing the problem.

For me it was Intel igfxDTCM causing the right click issue.

11. bjorn1 Win User
    I'LL check, thank you...

bjorn1, Jan 21, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    O.k. Bjorn, because you told us this is only issue of slow down, then use the Nirsoft software. If problem goes away then you can enable each one till find the one causing the issue. If need more help on how to use this software post back. I am not familiar with using Classic shell to know if this can cause any issue related to this. Your Welcome.

jds63, Jan 21, 2016
  13. b1rd Win User

Just wondering if you booted into Safemode and tested things from there?

14. bjorn1 Win User
    No, I didn't - I'LL give it a try!

bjorn1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right clicking on folders... - Similar Threads - Right clicking folders

2. Windows 11 Folder: Right click freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Folder: Right click freeze: This happened all the time, When I'm in a folder, or when I right-click a folder on the desktop, The mouse will turn into that Loading circle and loading forever, If i restart windows explorer via task manager, then i will not even be able to left click to open any folder,...
  3. Can't create new folder by right click

Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  4. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  5. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  6. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

7. right click problem with folders and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click problem with folders and files: Hi, I've had this problem for a few months and I just can't find a way to fix it. Every time I right click on a folder or file my screen kind of resets (I don't really know how to explain it but I made a video to show it: https://youtu.be/QYEPMEoBVhA) It doesn't happen if I...
  8. Right-click not working at search field in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right-click not working at search field in folders: Good afternoon, Since the last update of Windows 10, whenever I try to right-click at the search field inside folders nothing happens. It's like the ability to do it disappeared. A turnaround to this is to Ctrl+C the text I want to search for and then Ctrl+V inside the...
  9. Right click will not open new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click will not open new folder: When I right click to open a new folder the new tab will not open and locks the screen I can open a new folder from the top right of folder screen. sorry I am not too good at this any ideas please 127496
  10. Right click menu for folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click menu for folders: my right click menu for folders on my desktop has a program at the top instead of the word open , so every time i click to open it opens the program instead of the folder. i can right click and go to open below and it will open properly. How does one change the order of the...