Windows 10: Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

Discus and support Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sleestax, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Sleestax Win User

Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10.
    The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items:

Apps features
    power options
    event viewer *
    system,
    device manager*
    network connections
    disk management*
    computer management*
    Command Prompt*
    Command Prompt (admin)*
    -------------
    Task Manager*
    Settings,
    File Explorer
    Search
    Run
    -------------
    Shutdown
    Desktop."

However, when I select some of them nothing happens, I've added an asterisk to those and made them bold above.

For instance "command prompt" and "command prompt(admin)" as well as Task Manager don't work from this menu. I do have other ways of opening those and they work, but it would be nice to do it from this right click. Thanks

I've had Classic Shell Installed and tried uninstalling but the issue persists.

Thanks

:)

Sleestax, Dec 29, 2017

2. Right clicking on Start menu items does not show any menu

I just updated the Wacom tablet driver to the latest version. The problem was solved.

Red Romanov, Dec 29, 2017
  3. Right clicking on Start menu items does not show any menu

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.
    You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 29, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Dec 29, 2017
  5. Sleestax Win User
    Sleestax, Jan 1, 2018
  6. Open an elevated PowerShell window.Type the following and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope something helps you

ginavu2212, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working - Similar Threads - Right Clicking Start

2. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  6. Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu: The following will no longer open from right-clicking on the Start Menu button: Task Manager Event Viewer Device manager Disk Manager Computer Manager Command Prompt Command Prompt Admin File Explorer All others will open. Also some desktop icon will only open by...
  7. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  8. Right click Start Menu

Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  9. Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key

Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key: In Window 7 and earlier versions, one could right-click an item in the start menu, select properties and access the shortcut tab. Therein lay the Short key field, which I used a lot for creating custom key combinations, eg CTL+ALT+N for Notepad++ or CTL+ALT+P for Paint.NET....
  10. Right Click start menu items do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click start menu items do not work: I updated to windows 10 last week and everything worked. Now if I right click on the start menu, the context menu items other than Run, shut down, search or desktop no longer do anything. Cortana always asks me to switch my speech language, but if I ignore that it works and...