Windows 10: Right-clicking with my mouse not working.

Discus and support Right-clicking with my mouse not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently installed Windows 10 and downloaded a huge file just this morning. Whenever I right-click by means of my mouse it takes forever and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by essentuki, Aug 5, 2015.

1. essentuki Win User

Right-clicking with my mouse not working.

I have recently installed Windows 10 and downloaded a huge file just this morning. Whenever I right-click by means of my mouse it takes forever and it invariably freezes my computer, which means shutting the thing down and restarting it again. It happens when I right-click my desktop and when I browse 'my documents'. The Task Manger [if I can get it to start] tells me that Windows Explorer is not working. How can I right-click without any trouble, just like Windows 7.

:)

essentuki, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Cyrs Win User

my right mouse click doesnt work. It recognizes the right click as the left click.

Hello

Do you have a USB mouse that you can plug in? If you do, plug it in and see if the behavior is correct or not. If this behavior is correct. Then there is a higher chance that the issue is now hardware and not software.

Another thing you can try is first to rollback the driver for your touchpad, if that doesn't work then try to uninstall the driver and reinstall it again to see if this will bring it back.

If you are still under warranty then I highly suggest just bringing it back in.

Let us know what happens.

Cheers!

Cyrs, Aug 5, 2015
  3. RAJCruler Win User
    my right mouse click doesnt work. It recognizes the right click as the left click.

Hi my right mouse doesnt work on the trackpad. It recognizes the right as the left. I use a DELL Inspiron laptop. How can I fix this? Is this a software problem or a hardware problem? Please help!

RAJCruler, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Right-clicking with my mouse not working.

1. Right-clicking with my mouse not working. - Similar Threads - Right clicking mouse

2. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  3. My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working: My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-click-on-mouse-isnt-working-but-my-right/26915520-a014-4ee7-910d-4cbb4fa695cc
  4. My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working: My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-click-on-mouse-isnt-working-but-my-right/26915520-a014-4ee7-910d-4cbb4fa695cc
  5. Right click with mouse does not work

Right click with mouse does not work: I am using a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600. Until the last Windows update I have been able to right click with the mouse , but all of a sudden nothing happens when I am right clicking. Nothing wrong with mouse as it is still working on computer running Win7. The...
  6. Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen

Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen: [ATTACH] Issue: When I click the right 1/5th part of the screen, only a greyed out Copy box appears instead of the regular right click menu. if there are any windows in that section, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons cannot be clicked. I have to drag the window out...
  7. right click mouse not working

right click mouse not working: Wireless mouse, Changed battery, reset mouse, new port USB, updated security.....help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-not-working/d9a5b8c9-8fda-44ce-8aae-47fbe2785bc1
  8. mouse right click not working

mouse right click not working: Right click not working. The mouse software is running on the most resent update. I've looked all over the internet and nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?...
  9. Right mouse click

Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  10. RemoteDesktop Right Mouse Click Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RemoteDesktop Right Mouse Click Not Working: The new software we just implemented at work requires a Remote Desktop login. I can log in with no issues, however, there are some functions that require me to use right mouse click. However, the right mouse click does not work when I am on the Remote Desktop Connection....