Windows 10: Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing.

Discus and support Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 with Microsoft Word 2013 is not showing any of the recent files when I right click on the Word shortcut in task bar. However it's working OK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rodion15, Aug 28, 2016.

1. rodion15 Win User

Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing.

Windows 10 with Microsoft Word 2013 is not showing any of the recent files when I right click on the Word shortcut in task bar. However it's working OK with other Microsoft Office icons such as Excel or other apps.

:)

rodion15, Aug 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 Taskbar - right click does not work ONLY on word

Delete the Word shortcut and create a new one? The shortcut would be present in this folder:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

(Right-click Start, click Run, copy/paste the above path)

After deleting, when you click the Pinned Word shortcut in the taskbar it should offer to unpin/removes from Taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 28, 2016
  3. dr_moze Win User
    How do I customize the taskbar in Winddows 10

This sounds simple and it would be great if it worked, but it doesn't. I'm running latest Win10 x64, have tried everything incl. unlocking/locking taskbar, rebooting, show/hide Task View button, etc. And all of the shortcut icons I pinned to the left side
    of the taskbar do NOTHING when I right-click on them. Nothing. Nada. Right-clicking on the taskbar itself brings up the various config menus. Right-clicking on any icon on the right side of the taskbar brings up appropriate menu options. But right-clicking
    on the app shortcuts on the left side of the taskbar still does nothing. So I cannot unpin them. Anybody have an answer????????

dr_moze, Aug 28, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Double check the properties for the taskbar to see if it has a setting to keep so many recent items in the queue. Now if you open 2013, does it show any recent documents in the File section when you go to look to open any?

bro67, Aug 28, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Another way is to delete the shortcut, open Word right click on the taskbar icon and pin to taskbar. It should then work.

swarfega, Aug 28, 2016
  6. Pin to Taskbar the Microsoft Apps might be works for getting recentn documents. thanks swarfegaI will try

lenorabritz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing. - Similar Threads - Right clicking Word

2. WIN + Shift + Left/right arrow shortcut does nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN + Shift + Left/right arrow shortcut does nothing.: WIN + SHIFT + left/right arrow used to move windows between monitors. I can't say for certain when it stopped working memory issue my memory, not computer memory, but it's been at least a few weeks. Every other Win key shortcut I can think of works WIN + R to run, WIN +...
  3. WIN + Shift + Left/right arrow shortcut does nothing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN + Shift + Left/right arrow shortcut does nothing.: WIN + SHIFT + left/right arrow used to move windows between monitors. I can't say for certain when it stopped working memory issue my memory, not computer memory, but it's been at least a few weeks. Every other Win key shortcut I can think of works WIN + R to run, WIN +...
  4. For some apps, taskbar right-click menu does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    For some apps, taskbar right-click menu does nothing: I'm not sure when this issue appeared, but it's been happening for at least a month. I hoped it would just go away on its own, but it hasn't and I can't find anyone else online with exactly the same issue, so I guess I'll post here. The bug is this: when I right-click on...
  5. Project shortcut does nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Project shortcut does nothing: The Project shortcut does nothing when i click on any of the options, the problem was temporarily solved after formatting but it surfaced again recently, would love some advice on how to solve it. edit: i'm on build 19042.867 submitted by /u/ISayHeck [link] [comments]...
  6. Keyboard shortcut to "right click" taskbar/system tray items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcut to "right click" taskbar/system tray items: Community: I'm aware of the keyboard shortcuts to access the TaskbarWin-T and System TrayWin-B. I can then navigate the items on those bars using arrow keys. From there, is there an option to "right click" the selected item? For instance, using Win-T I navigate to...
  7. Right-Click Properties on an item does nothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right-Click Properties on an item does nothing?: Hey all, I just ran into this issue today out of nowhere. When I right click on an item (picture, video, etc.), and I choose Properties, nothing happens. It just sits there. I have been putting my computer to sleep the past few days, and only this morning did this issue rear...
  8. taskbar open windows right click does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar open windows right click does not work: every time i have some windows open on the task bar the right click function does not open the context window, meaning i want to be able to close the window. ive tired shellex view not sure which ones to disable that maybe causing the issue. 35648
  9. Right-Click on Windows Banner Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-Click on Windows Banner Does Nothing: Hi Friends, I'm a newbie looking for a really simple answer: Why does right-clicking on my Windows 10 banner (lower-left corner) do nothing, when right-clicking on my other install brings up a menu? I'm sure it's probably a simple tweak.. but I don't know where to go.....
  10. Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing: I am able to display the Touch Keyboard icon in the taskbar but when I click on the Touch Keyboard icon nothing happens (the Touch Keyboard does not pop up). It used to work in Windows 8.1 but when I upgraded to Win 10 it no longer displays. I'm not talking about the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click on taskbar does nothing

2. pin documents to word taskbar microsoft word right click on taskbar

3. click a icon on windows on taskbar the shortcut allways tells me it cant be found and has to be deleted

4. clicking on bar code in word does nothing,
  5. right clicking taskbar does nothing,
  6. right click word shortcut is not vicible