Windows 10: Right Ctrl key not working under Windows environment

Discus and support Right Ctrl key not working under Windows environment in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, Weird problem, right? Every time i wake up my computer from hibernation, i do it with Right Ctrl key (now as a test). Why? Because since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tanocapo, Oct 7, 2017.

1. tanocapo Win User

Right Ctrl key not working under Windows environment

Hi guys,

Weird problem, right? Every time i wake up my computer from hibernation, i do it with Right Ctrl key (now as a test). Why? Because since some time ago my Right Ctrl key of my Microsoft Natural ergonomic 4000 keyboard does not work under Windows.
    Is there a way to know for sure whether is a physical problem or a driver problem? I did not change anything that i remember but the keyboard is performing as always if it wasn't for this.
    Thank you in advance. If you need more info, please let me know.

Regards,

:)

tanocapo, Oct 7, 2017

2. Windows Key + CTRL + Right Doesn't Work (Desktop Switch)

Hi,

I love the new multiple desktops. However, the desktop switch isn't working for me.

It's an odd bug...

Windows Key + (left) CTRL + Right Arrow Key will not work, but Windows Key + (left) CTRL + Left Arrow Key will work.

Both the left and right arrow keys work when I use the right CTRL key, and the left CTRL key works perfectly fine using an external keyboard.

Any suggestions?

DanielChenery_DM, Oct 7, 2017
  3. Davis.xie Win User
    Desktop Envrioment

Hello

How do you guy figure out which desktop environment you are current in right now without doing Window Key +Tab. I would like to know if Window can have a way to show Users, me, which desktop environment I am in right now. So Users, me, can hitting Ctrl + Window
    to navigate right away. Thank you.

Davis.xie, Oct 7, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

There's a chance the right Ctrl key itself might have failed on that keyboard. If you have another keyboard, you can plug it into the machine to see if its right Crtl key works. If you have another computer, you can plug the questionable keyboard into that machine to see if the right Ctrl key works on the other machine instead.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 7, 2017
  5. tanocapo Win User
    Hi Ed,

Thanks for your support. But, Could it be possible that ctrl key works to wake up the pc but under Win 10 doesn't?
    I will try to test it in my laptop. Hope it works too.

Thank you again!

tanocapo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Right Ctrl key not working under Windows environment - Similar Threads - Right Ctrl key

2. Ctrl keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl keys not working: All ctrl - <key> combinations transmit Greek characters except for ctrl-x, ctrl-c, and ctrl-v. For example, ctrl-a becomes ⍺, ctrl-z becomes ⊂. I have tried multiple keyboards, run oleacc.dll, and sfc/scannow. The problem continues. Please help me....
  3. Ctrl keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl keys not working: All ctrl - <key> combinations transmit Greek characters except for ctrl-x, ctrl-c, and ctrl-v. For example, ctrl-a becomes ⍺, ctrl-z becomes ⊂. I have tried multiple keyboards, run oleacc.dll, and sfc/scannow. The problem continues. Please help me....
  4. Ctrl keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly: Ctrl key and left and right arrow keys are not working in windows in whole sysytem, not only in ms office. In order to move from the begining of a word to to end of a word normally by pressing ctrl key first and then pressing right arrow key I have to press ctrl key 1st and...
  6. Ctrl key not working

Ctrl key not working: control key is not working with my punctuation keys . Although it is working when using other shortcuts like ctrl+D . also punctuation keys are working independently but not working with ctrl and shift. Also it isn't working on my on screen keyboard too. i dont know where...
  7. Ctrl keys not working on Windows 10

Ctrl keys not working on Windows 10: I have a big incognito here: After some time without use my laptop kind a month, both ctrl keys stopped work in functions like Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C and Ctrl + X, etc. Ok, this might be a broken connector or malfunction keyboard, but when I try my keyboard on a online tester or...
  8. Ctrl key not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl key not working: Hello Both Ctrl keys of my laptop is not working. Is there any way to change the function of any other key to Ctrl function. Or what else can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-not-working/668bb75d-3c43-4496-bd39-26e58001e873
  9. Ctrl key not working

Ctrl key not working: Hello, as said in the subject, my control key is not working. I'm not sure if I should post it here or on another forum, but I hope it is okay to post here. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, it's about 2 years old. A few days ago, it was returned after being sent away from...
  10. My left ctrl key stopped working, and the right ctrl key is pressing both keys

My left ctrl key stopped working, and the right ctrl key is pressing both keys: Hello fellow members, so I recently bought a new keyboard because I got a gaming PC, and probably 2 weeks into using this keyboard, during gameplay. the left ctrl key for some reason stopped working, and all of a sudden both ctrl keys were being pressed at the same time (and...