Windows 10: Rise of Nations on W10

Discus and support Rise of Nations on W10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used to play this game on W8.1, but since installing W10, I get a message about "MSXML4", what does this mean and how can I play the game?. 21627 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Oldmicrochip, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Rise of Nations on W10

I used to play this game on W8.1, but since installing W10, I get a message about "MSXML4", what does this mean and how can I play the game?.

:)

Oldmicrochip, Sep 6, 2015

2. Can I play Rise of Nations and Rise of Nations Thrones & Patriots on windows 10

THIS IS IT. I uninstalled just that specific update (Windows Security Update for x64 Systems KB3086255 ) and my Windows 7 x64 installation works perfectly. You are the best and brightest of us all. Thank you for
    sharing this.

Aaditya Ramesh, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Can I play Rise of Nations and Rise of Nations Thrones & Patriots on windows 10

I just tried to install the program. I was able to install it, when I open it, it just flashes on and off. I theoretically could play the game, it just highly distracting and annoying. Any suggestions?

johnpalmer_620, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Rise of Nations on W10

Dude, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Hi Dude, Thanks.
    When I try this I still get BHG RTS runtime FATAL, MSXML4.0 is not properly installed. Click RETRY to Debug(has no effect). IGNORE to turn off message. Safe to ignore NO.

Oldmicrochip, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Strange. Try right clicking and choose troubleshoot compatibility.
    Then click troubleshoot program. Next click the first choice, "This program worked in earlier versions of windows but wont install or run now", click next and try choosing Windows 8 or 7.
    Then click test the program and see if it installs. If it worked, select the yes option.

Dude, Sep 6, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    Dude, Sep 6, 2015
  8. Rise of Nations on W10

Thanks Dude, I will try these to get it working though I wont be spending a lot of time on it.
    I have other things to do, and my Wife is not keen on me spending a lot of time on the Laptop, if you know what I mean, I do appreciate your help.

Oldmicrochip, Sep 8, 2015
  9. HI Dude, tried all you say including the support, but after 40secs. nothing. I tried using W8,W7, and even XP, but still no good.

Oldmicrochip, Sep 8, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
    Bummer, I will look around and see if I can find anything else to help you.

11. Dude Win User
    Sorry Mike, I have found nothing to help you

12. Ok Thanks for trying.
    Can anyone else help

Oldmicrochip, Sep 19, 2015
  13. Rise of Nations on W10

Probably not anything more than what Dude said, but it doesn't hurt to try making sure you have your computer drivers updated to the latest Win10 specific from the manufacturer's website, especially the Graphics driver.

When you troubleshoot compatibility, make sure you found the actual game and not a shortcut (not entirely sure if this makes a difference), and make sure you select compatibility for WinXP specifically. It may be that Win10 is just not very good at running XP games, Win8.1 wasn't for a lot of them.

DustSailor, Sep 19, 2015
  14. Many thanks

CAN ANYONE ELSE HELP??

15. Thanks DustSailor,
    I had the game working on XP.Win7, Win8 and 8.1, all ok, but not on Win10

Thema:

Rise of Nations on W10

1. Rise of Nations on W10 - Similar Threads - Rise Nations W10

2. Rise of Nation Lan playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nation Lan playing: I bought Rise of Nations from the windows appstore but I notice there is no Lan option. Was Lan removed? I can only play multiplayer via Xbox live? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rise-of-nation-lan-playing/d9bf6381-0a49-43ef-9019-5725fc5455d0
  3. Rise of Nations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations: Why is the World Conquest option missing? Will it be restored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rise-of-nations/2e417ccb-d6c2-4266-8817-5f5a37a0a7f3
  4. Rise of Nations: Extended Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations: Extended Edition: I am trying to add custom scenarios that I have downloaded. The windowsapps\Microsoft.MSOrtus_1.0.13.2_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and all folders/files are read only so I cannot copy the scenarios to the scenario\custom folder. Changing the security and read only attribute...
  5. Rise of Nations multiplayer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations multiplayer: Hi, i just got Rise of nations extended edition from the windows store. When i want to go to multiplayer it displays a messages that says that i dont have permission to play multiplayer. I checked on my security profile and when to windows 10 and allow multiplayer and...
  6. Rise of Nations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations: Is there a way to run rise of nations on windows 10? if so what do i need to do? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rise-of-nations/80608960-7d94-4ce1-8d88-7b4957418f9b
  7. Rise Of Nations Extended Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise Of Nations Extended Edition: My game won't connect to online services. It says unable to connect to online services please try again later how do i get it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rise-of-nations-extended-edition/69fe05a2-991f-469b-96e8-17ad5f0d89a0
  8. Rise of Nations extended edition.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Rise of Nations extended edition.: I have bought the game from the Microsoft Store UK and it was successfully installed. PROBLEM: The <Removed Proganity> thing won't run! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rise-of-nations-extended-edition/21e71ae7-1182-4476-91a8-9d4190cefe03"
  9. Rise of Nations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations: I'm no longer able to save the game when playing Rise of Nations on Windows 10. I get the message "Unable to save game, Cloud Storage is full". I can't find any place to change the setting to save to my local drive....
  10. Rise of Nations Extended edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations Extended edition: Where in Rise of Nations do I tell it to save games on the local computer rather than to the cloud. I try to save now and it says the cloud server is full. I'd rather save to the computer than to the cloud, I only have it on this one computer. How do I save locally?...