Windows 10: Robocopy /Network problem copying files : need help please

Discus and support Robocopy /Network problem copying files : need help please in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all I have just found Robocopy and it seems the perfect tool for what I am trying to do.... *really I make an incremental Backup on one of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mpooley, Oct 29, 2016.

1. mpooley Win User

Robocopy /Network problem copying files : need help please

Hi all
    I have just found Robocopy and it seems the perfect tool for what I am trying to do.... *really
    I make an incremental Backup on one of my PC's (Called Server-PC) every day using AOMEI backupper and I want to mirror that folder on my main PC I have been fiddling with Robocopy for hours now have Googled everything I can think of and can't find out what I am doing wrong.

First of all I Mapped my E:\ drive on My Main PC onto my Server-PC and called it Z:
    Using this script --- robocopy "D:\AOMEI" "Z\ServerDriveCopy" /R:5 /s /purge /COPYALL as a test I Get
    Source : D:AOMEI\
    Destination : C:\Users\mike\Desktop\Z\ServerDriveCopy\

It starts and then says "There is not enough space on the disk" There is still 700gb empty on the disk! I have checked if Quota's have been enabled and they haven't so can't work this out!

I just found out there is a GUI for Robocopy so I tried that and made a slightly different script:
    robocopy "D:\AOMEI" "Z:\ServerDriveCopy" /MIR /S /V /NP /Z /R:10 /W:30 (The only difference is the colon after Z !
    and that goes MAD keeps repeating in the cmd window forever but no error message and no files get copied.

So I tried it without using the mapped drive which gives me :
    robocopy "D:\AOMEI" "\\Main\e\ServerDriveCopy"
    and that says "Access Denied" !
    I can drag and drop files in explorer OK so I am stumped.

If any one can help I would be very grateful
    *cake

Mike

:)

mpooley, Oct 29, 2016

2. How to create a backup on network drive every night with the time stamp as the folder's name which is copied over on Windows 10?

Hi,

I want to copy a local folder to network drive every night with the time stamp as the folder's name which is copied over. I don't want to overwrite the previous copied folder.

Can someone help me to write the commend?

Thanks in advance!

Original title: need help for using robocopy

graceyin39, Oct 29, 2016
  3. TotalNoob Win User
    Public Desktop

Boiling it down: How do I create and run a robocopy script that copies files from a network share to the public desktop that runs locally on the machine (Windows 10) receiving the files?

TotalNoob, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

Robocopy /Network problem copying files : need help please

1. Robocopy /Network problem copying files : need help please - Similar Threads - Robocopy Network problem

2. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  3. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  4. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  5. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!: I use Robocopy frequently to copy large folder structures, recently I've found a situation where many files were copied, names, dates, sizes all match, but many are missing content. Some were .xml files so I can open those in Notepad and see the content is missing in the...
  7. Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!: I use Robocopy frequently to copy large folder structures, recently I've found a situation where many files were copied, names, dates, sizes all match, but many are missing content. Some were .xml files so I can open those in Notepad and see the content is missing in the...
  8. robocopy only copies a couple of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    robocopy only copies a couple of files: Initially I'd like to simply copy updated or missing files from the source to the destination locally...make a backup basically. I created an empty directory "testfolder" on the destination. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 destination drives initially I thought FAT32 was the issue....
  9. robocopy only copies a couple of files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    robocopy only copies a couple of files: Initially I'd like to simply copy updated or missing files from the source to the destination locally...make a backup basically. I created an empty directory "testfolder" on the destination. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 destination drives initially I thought FAT32 was the issue....
  10. Robocopy not copying newer file

Robocopy not copying newer file: I have a file in a OneDrive folder named bernie3_journal.txt. It has today's date which is 10/7. I'm trying to use robocopy to copy the file to my son's OneDrive folder as shown below. The bernie3_journal.txt file in my son's OneDrive folder has a date stamp of 8/5. I've...