Windows 10: Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

Discus and support Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/ However it failed for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by phaedruspress, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/

However it failed for me. Anyone know why it might not have worked and I got an error message? TIA.

Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades? [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Jun 25, 2018

2. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

Precautions that should be taken while upgrading to windows 10

It was reduced to ten days with the release of the Anniversary Update.

Windows 10 | Users previousl yhad 30 days to rollback an update to Windows 10 | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows

@nihal mazhar - my laptop is on Toshiba's 'not supported for Windows 10' list, but has been running Windows 10 since it was first released without a problem. As @Bastet suggests, I made a system image of the original HDD before I upgraded. In fact I went one step further. I took out the HDD, replaced it with a spare one and made sure I could restore the image to that before upgrading. I now have two disks I can put in my machine, one with Windows 10 and a spare with the original OEM Windows 7.

Thema:

Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

1. Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades? - Similar Threads - Rollback days feature

2. Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days: I want to rollback to Windows 10 because Windows 11 is the opposite of efficient and has cut my productivity down so much that I have no other choice. The absurd 10 day window has passed - not 10 days of use, but 10 days since I installed... we're only open 4 days per week so...
  3. Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days: I want to rollback to Windows 10 because Windows 11 is the opposite of efficient and has cut my productivity down so much that I have no other choice. The absurd 10 day window has passed - not 10 days of use, but 10 days since I installed... we're only open 4 days per week so...
  4. Windows 11 rollback after 10 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 rollback after 10 days: I've had Windows 11 installed for 11 days, just over the end of the 10 day rollback period.The old Windows 10 files are still taking up space on the SSD C:/ drive.How long before those files clear themselves automatically?, as disk clean up says that there are 20Gbytes or...
  5. Windows 11 rollback after 10 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 rollback after 10 days: I've had Windows 11 installed for 11 days, just over the end of the 10 day rollback period.The old Windows 10 files are still taking up space on the SSD C:/ drive.How long before those files clear themselves automatically?, as disk clean up says that there are 20Gbytes or...
  6. Known Issue Rollback (KIR) feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Known Issue Rollback (KIR) feature in Windows 10: Microsoft has introduced a new feature called Known Issue Rollback (KIR), which is intended to keep your Windows 10 devices protected and productive. In this post, we look at how the KIR feature works in Windows 10 and how it applies to end-users (consumers) as well as in the...
  7. Rollback - How to revert to previous version of windows after 10 days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback - How to revert to previous version of windows after 10 days: Our computers updated to V1903. Upon returning to work from being away we realized our printers are not working due to windows update. We are after the 10 day period of reverting back due to being out of town and now we can't do any printing... How do I get back to a previous...
  8. Windows 10 Rollback Upgrading From 1607 to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Rollback Upgrading From 1607 to 1803: Getting the following error after running the Windows 10 1803 upgrade on a PC currently loaded with 1607. Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found. Failure Data: Last Phase = SafeOS,Start Last Operation = Save SAM and SECURITY hives Error = 0x80070005-0x2000D...
  9. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ?: Fresh install of 1803 several weeks ago on new computer. CMD prompt run as admin. I get this error message not unlike the one shown in the comment on this web page: https://mspoweruser.com/how-to-chang...ture-upgrades/ Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.1](c) 2018...
  10. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?: I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/ However it failed for me. Anyone know why it might not have worked and I got an error message? TIA. [img] 112894