Windows 10: Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 10?

Discus and support Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop would never finish downloading the 1511 update due to 10's persistent limited networking access bug (while all my other computers were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Galane, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Galane Win User

Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 10?

My laptop would never finish downloading the 1511 update due to 10's persistent limited networking access bug (while all my other computers were working fine on the same LAN).

So I got the latest media creation tool, downloaded the 10 Pro x64 ISO, popped it in, doubleclicked it in Explorer and watched it update... to find out it had "updated" to exactly the same old version thanks to MS pulling the 1511 ISO download. Grrr.

So I found another way to get the 1511 ISO, but could only get the multi-language version. Burned that to a DVD and ran setup from it.

Just finished and found that instead of updating it did a clean install, putting my old Win10 into windows.old

I DO NOT HAVE the rollback option in recovery like there was when I upgraded to 10 from 7. All that's there is Reset this PC and Advanced startup.

How do I get rid of 10 1511 and go back to the old 10? Then how do I make this multi-language 10 DVD UPDATE it instead of doing a clean install? Or where can I get a 10 Pro x64 1511 US English only ISO?

:)

Galane, Jul 13, 2016
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 13, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

The current Media Creation Tool from here:
    Windows 10

downloads version 1511 of Windows 10 from May 2016.

Microsoft has not pulled the 1511 ISO.

Also, the current Media Creation Tool does not download just Pro by itself. It downloads an ISO containing both Home and Pro. You must have ran an old Media Creation Tool stored on your computer from the build 10240 days.

Judging from this:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971760

You can manually restore the folders in Windows.old by booting from something like Kyhi's recovery drive. Rename the existing Windows folders to backup names, and move the same folders from Windows.old to their proper locations on C: drive.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Galane Win User
    It was a squeaky clean fresh download of the tool direct from Microsoft and it got me the original release ISO.

So I rename Windows.old, what about the contents of $Windows.~WS ???

Galane, Jul 13, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Don't know about the $Windows.~WS, sorry.

I just checked the Media Creation Tool again and every single entry in it downloads version 1511 of Windows. Although, I did only check the Media Creation Tool on the English Micrososft Website.

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2016
  7. Galane Win User
    Looks like everything is in Windows.old. Looks like I'll have to try a boot CD, rename the current Windows and other folders then move the old ones out of Windows.old and hopefully it'll boot.

Shouldn't have to restore the old Win10 boot sector, I hope. Would be nice if there was a tool or utility that would automate this.

Galane, Jul 13, 2016
  8. Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 10?

I had WIN 7 on my desktop computer did the upgrade to WIN10 free. Everything was working fine then one day I turned on the computer and received a boot disk error. I went into BIOS and tried booting from there and it worked the first time. A couple weeks later we had a storm and I think my computer was on during it. I tried powering on the CPU the next day and it gave me the boot disk error again. I went into the BIOS and tried booting from there and it didn't work came back to the boot disk error. I tried all options in the BIOS to boot CPU from and nothing works. I went online to see if there was a boot disk for WIN10. On Microsoft's web site they had a medicreationtool you can download a copy of WIN10. I tried doing this and downloaded it more then once since the first time wouldn't open the download. I finally have it saved to a flash drive and nothing else is on the flash drive. I tried to reboot from the flash drive and receive the bootdisk error on one option and the UEFI flash drive gives me a DISK I/O error. I have a friend that will be coming down around the 31st who built it for me to look at it. I wanted to see if someone here could help me get my computer back up and running. Thank you very much.Very RespectfullyAndy

potsie1975, Jul 13, 2016
  9. CmmTch Win User
    Welcome to tenforums potsie1975 (Andy) *Smile

Please start your own thread. You'll get responses specifically for your issue.

CmmTch, Jul 13, 2016
  10. Okay thank you very much. I will do that.

potsie1975, Jul 13, 2016
  11. Galane Win User
    Got everything moved out of Windows.old to replace the 1511 versions. After second reboot my desktop etc was all back. It's in the process of using MCT to Upgrade instead of download the ISO.

Only way I can get it to do that is by disabling the Ethernet and Bluetooth as a workaround to 10's networking bugs, so it has ONLY ONE network interface available. I also had to go to all of the other WiFi connections it found (which are all secure) and uncheck Connect Automatically. Only then will it cease constantly attempting to find a "better" connection while partially disconnecting from those that work. Seriously major, annoying bugs with this, which Microsoft needs to get off their arse and fix.

Galane, Jul 13, 2016
  12. cereberus Win User
    The issues here are almost certainly driver related, and MS is not responsible for all 3rd party wifi drivers.

You should try connecting by ethernet and upgrade first, the we can try and sort wifi driver issues.

If you are too far from the router to be practical, you can wifi bridge link a second router (closer to your pc) to the main router and connect to second router via ethernet.

BTW - people do not respond very well to statements like "major annoying bugs" because they are not major bugs of Windows in 99+% of the time.

It does sometimes need a bit of time and patience but the good people here will bend over backwards to try and assist.

cereberus, Jul 14, 2016
  13. CmmTch Win User

Agree wholeheartedly cereberus, I have upgraded four computers pretty much without incident using the Windows update (desktop needed USB techbench iso to move to 1511)

Three of the four are laptops that use wifi from my RG when on the internet, at the time of upgrade I plugged them in to the LAN, did not use the wifi to do the upgrade. Everything went fine, after the last reboot moving to W10, one Home, two Pro, the LAN cable was pulled, wifi came up immediately. I didn't even have to sign in to it to start using it.

IMO it's not W10 that's buggy, sorry users, but I lean toward your box being buggy *Redface

Tenforum members are tremendously helpful, as are the tutorials, have some patience and let them help out, you'll get fixed up, and be on about your business. And probably will have learned something too *Wink I know I've learned plenty.

CmmTch, Jul 14, 2016
  14. Galane Win User
    Galane, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Rollback

2. Rollback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback: My windows 11 is giving me a lot of blue screens of deaths so i'm trying to go back to windows 10 for free and bring all my files from windows 11 to windows 10 please help. Urgent. Thanks...
  3. Rollback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback: My windows 11 is giving me a lot of blue screens of deaths so i'm trying to go back to windows 10 for free and bring all my files from windows 11 to windows 10 please help. Urgent. Thanks...
  4. My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS: While I was playing on my All-in-One PC, I got a "Windows detected an error and will restart in one minute" prompt and then restarted, then it was unable to repair or rollback system files. This was after installing the lastest update.Everything I have tried has failed such...
  5. My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS

My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS: While I was playing on my All-in-One PC, I got a "Windows detected an error and will restart in one minute" prompt and then restarted, then it was unable to repair or rollback system files. This was after installing the lastest update.Everything I have tried has failed such...
  6. My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.: When I install patch KB5033372, the patch can not be installed successful. I check the CBS.log, I got this error message. And I try to fix by DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH /Source:x:\en\install.wim /LimitAccess. it can run successful, but the patch can not be...
  8. Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.

Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.: When I install patch KB5033372, the patch can not be installed successful. I check the CBS.log, I got this error message. And I try to fix by DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH /Source:x:\en\install.wim /LimitAccess. it can run successful, but the patch can not be...
  9. Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Window Bootloop / Blue screen upon rollback to Windows 10

Window Bootloop / Blue screen upon rollback to Windows 10: Hello everyone,Recently, I had updated to Windows 11 on my PC, however, I simply enjoyed Windows 10 more, as some apps weren't functioning in the same way, and I thought it would be a simple easy process. As I was trying to get back however, I repeatedly get into the:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. faronics deep freeze rollback for win10 upgrade