Windows 10: Rollback RX and Win 10

Discus and support Rollback RX and Win 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've always used an imaging program once or twice a month but recently I added the free version of Rollback RX to a couple of Win 10 systems to see how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fixer, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Fixer Win User

Rollback RX and Win 10

I've always used an imaging program once or twice a month but recently I added the free version of Rollback RX to a couple of Win 10 systems to see how well it works in practice and how reliable it is as a backup system. I have been astounded by the results, as it does indeed create new snapshots in a few seconds and can revert a system to a previous snapshot in very little more than the time required to reboot. OK, you must uninstall it first if for any reason you want to start the computer from ouitside of Windows, such as from a Macrium Reflect bootable rescue disk or a Linux distro for example, but the advantages of using snapshots are such that this is acceptable, to me anyway. However I have yet to see what happens when we get a new Win 10 version, which will happen from time to time. Has anyone here any direct experience of this?

:)

Fixer, Nov 25, 2016
  2. RichTWC Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary install

I installed Win. 10 (free) 2 months ago. It functioned well. On 09/21/16 was installing Anniversary update. Seemed to be going well, but a message appeared: "Rolling back to previous system."

It rollled back to Win. 7 Pro and recent emails were lost, including Rollback Rx application,et.al.

I liked Win. 10 (free). What should I do?

There are Win. 10 files still on C drive. Should all Win. 10 files be removed & Win.10 install, or?

RichTWC, Nov 25, 2016
  3. Guest Account

This fix does not really create a Guest account like in previous versions of Windows and is merely a sales gimmick for Rollback RX.

MARKGUERRINO, Nov 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Rollback RX and Win 10

dalchina, Nov 25, 2016
  5. Fixer Win User
    Thanks. I would rather expect it be more or less along those lines - you have to do that if you forget and restore a disk image before uninstalling Rollback. As you wouldn't usually want to revert to a snapshot taken before a version change - you would reimage instead, and as Rollback is so quick and easy to uninstall and reinstall, this isn't a big deal, not for reasonably experienced users anyway.

What I am finding is that I'm using snapshots a lot, far more than I have used reimaging up to now, simply because it is so incredibly fast, easy and reliable to do so. But I shall of course continue with my monthly images as Rollback only complements imaging, it doesn't replace it, and of course the next big update might behave differently.

Fixer, Nov 25, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Also you'll have realised that disk imaging protects you should your drive fail or your PC become unbootable.

Another benefit of disk images is they can be used with a Laplink product to transfer programs to a new PC or a clean installation on the same PC - not inexpensive, but cheaper and faster than using Laplink's products alone. I've found that very effective - 96% or so- for over 300 installed programs, + personalisation, which would take a long time manually.

dalchina, Nov 25, 2016
  7. Fixer Win User
    I'm an imaging devotee, but Rollback probably means I'll never actually need to use it unless I get a disk failure, and with SSDs these are almost unknown these days.

I need to look into what you have said about Laplink - sounds as if it can do what up to now I've considered undoable.

Fixer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Rollback RX and Win 10

1. Rollback RX and Win 10 - Similar Threads - Rollback

2. Rollback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback: My windows 11 is giving me a lot of blue screens of deaths so i'm trying to go back to windows 10 for free and bring all my files from windows 11 to windows 10 please help. Urgent. Thanks...
  3. Rollback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback: My windows 11 is giving me a lot of blue screens of deaths so i'm trying to go back to windows 10 for free and bring all my files from windows 11 to windows 10 please help. Urgent. Thanks...
  4. My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS: While I was playing on my All-in-One PC, I got a "Windows detected an error and will restart in one minute" prompt and then restarted, then it was unable to repair or rollback system files. This was after installing the lastest update.Everything I have tried has failed such...
  5. My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS

My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS: While I was playing on my All-in-One PC, I got a "Windows detected an error and will restart in one minute" prompt and then restarted, then it was unable to repair or rollback system files. This was after installing the lastest update.Everything I have tried has failed such...
  6. My computer got an windows error and now can't restore or rollback the OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.: When I install patch KB5033372, the patch can not be installed successful. I check the CBS.log, I got this error message. And I try to fix by DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH /Source:x:\en\install.wim /LimitAccess. it can run successful, but the patch can not be...
  8. Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.

Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.: When I install patch KB5033372, the patch can not be installed successful. I check the CBS.log, I got this error message. And I try to fix by DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH /Source:x:\en\install.wim /LimitAccess. it can run successful, but the patch can not be...
  9. Update KB5033372 does not install on my PC and performs a rollback after restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Window Bootloop / Blue screen upon rollback to Windows 10

Window Bootloop / Blue screen upon rollback to Windows 10: Hello everyone,Recently, I had updated to Windows 11 on my PC, however, I simply enjoyed Windows 10 more, as some apps weren't functioning in the same way, and I thought it would be a simple easy process. As I was trying to get back however, I repeatedly get into the:...