Windows 10: Rollback to Windows 8.1 then CLean install

Discus and support Rollback to Windows 8.1 then CLean install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to windows 10 but now I want to roll back to windows 8.1. In the future if I want to perform a clean install in my laptop will my windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by poysanity, Aug 13, 2015.

1. poysanity Win User

Rollback to Windows 8.1 then CLean install

I upgraded to windows 10 but now I want to roll back to windows 8.1. In the future if I want to perform a clean install in my laptop will my windows 10 still be activated?

:)

poysanity, Aug 13, 2015

2. Windows Vista rollback option no longer available after less than a week?

You don't get a "rollback" option when you do a clean install of Windows 10 so it wasn't "removed without your consent."

You can format the HDD & do a clean install of Windows Vista but you cannot "rollback" to Windows Vista after doing a clean install of Windows 10.

If you'd upgraded a Windows 7 or a Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 10, you'd be able to "rollback" to the previous Windows version within 30 days of upgrading (if luck was on your side).

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 denied me access after it told me i could go back

30 day period max to rollback to previous version of windows.

thereafter nothing bar a clean windows install will give you windows 8.1

khursheedshad, Aug 13, 2015
  4. figment Win User

Simply, yes, as long as Windows 10 has been activated. Make sure you create installation media for the appropriate version and architecture to reinstall.

figment, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Charlie Win User
    Read this if you need help with making a install media or doing clean install. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Charlie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Rollback to Windows 8.1 then CLean install - Similar Threads - Rollback CLean install

2. Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11: I bought a retail Windows 8 Pro key direct from MS when it first came out. I upgraded to Windows 10 when that came out. The key isn't linked to my Microsoft account.I am building a new PC that I want to put Windows 11 on. Can I use my old Windows 8 key?I know I can't use the...
  3. Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11: I bought a retail Windows 8 Pro key direct from MS when it first came out. I upgraded to Windows 10 when that came out. The key isn't linked to my Microsoft account.I am building a new PC that I want to put Windows 11 on. Can I use my old Windows 8 key?I know I can't use the...
  4. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. Windows 10/8 clean install Lenovo PC doing nothing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10/8 clean install Lenovo PC doing nothing!: Hi all, Have a Lenovo all-in-one-type PC that suddenly started freezing. After a week or so of various unsuccessful fixes, last thing to try was a complete wipe, I elected to try keep personal files and it uninstalled Win10, when it restarted the logo came up ......and that...
  7. Clean reinstallation stuck at 8%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean reinstallation stuck at 8%: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DoromaYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnn9gi/clean_reinstallation_stuck_at_8/
  8. what is clean rollback

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is clean rollback: We let a scammer take control of our computer. I read that I should do a clean rollback. How do I do this? Should it be done by a professional? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-clean-rollback/d684d3ae-ba62-48ce-923e-0ed43d68d669"
  9. Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10?: Look...i did the free upgrade to windows 10,then i did a format (clean install) wos 10 with a bootable usb...can i go back to windows 7 to delete vpn client and then back to windows 10? 13724
  10. Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions: Hi everyone, i've upgraded from windows 8.1 with uefi bios, so basically now i can do clean install 10 without product key? But the real question is: My pc have 8 partitions, the primary one, 5 of recovery, 1 oem and 1 efi. Can i delete all partitions and create only one?...